[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, /fit/, personal opinions on dips/weighted dips? i don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: peepee.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
peepee.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
so, /fit/, personal opinions on dips/weighted dips? i don't really have access to a bench press, but i have a shitload of weight and a roman chair. anyway, is there a secret to doing weighted dips without permafucking shoulders/elbows so i'm not visiting pic related twice a week for the rest of my life for physical therapy?
>>
>>40866220
jason blaha says dips are the most important exercise
>>
>>40866224

will look at his videos. thanks, anern.
>>
>>40866220
>>40866224
>>40866266
I've been doing weighted dips 3 times a week instead of bench press for a while and I think I'm getting more gains this way. The only problem is my right elbow is bothering me a little lately.
>>
>>40866342

this is basically my fear, especially as weight gets added to extreme levels. i don't want to visit snap city because i didn't have my shoulders or elbows exactly positioned in x,y,z manner.
>>
I throw in a few sets of dips after my flat barbell bench and incline dumbbell bench.

I currently do this (I weight 93kg):
1 set with 50kg added (5 reps)
1 set with 30kg added (8 reps)
1 set with 20kg added (12 reps)

It's a great exercise and I feel the gains transferring to many of my other lifts. As for injuries, don't let your elbows flare out and don't go too deep to the point where your elbows are above your shoulders.
>>
>>40866220
Do weighted dips but progressively overload. Start at 5 lbs
>>
Elbows shouldn't really be an issue. More likely to be shoulders. Controlling your body through the whole movement and not swinging st all is key to safety. Also don't try and grind out that last rep if you're doubting yourself, if your body caves down with weight added it can be bad for your shoulders or sternum. Rip my sternum for like a month :/
>>
>>40866420
>>40866400
>>40866390

thank you for the tips, anons. it is appreciated.
>>
I have a pretty good ROM for the dips. I go so deep that my shoulders are on the level of my wrists and I feel tension in my front delts. I do each deep very slowly with a fully controlled motion and have a 1 second stop between each motion.
Am I fucking my shoulders with such a vast ROM? Been doing it for years.
With this ROM I can do about 10 ten reps, then I add more weight to my backpack. But if I cut my ROM I can do much more reps and my dips wouldn't be so effective. What to do?
>>
>>40866878

weighted or unweighted ? that's some crazy ROM. i'm not so sure about that in the longrun lol
>>
>>40866224
Jason blaha is a dumbass who hasn't accomplished anything in his life. He just regurgitates other people's advice.

Show me one picture of him with sub-15% body fat.

>b-but muh powerlifting

Show me a video of him lifting at least a somewhat respectable weight.
>>
>>40866987
Ya Jason Blaha is one of the biggest idiots in the industry right now. Despite of steroid use and his "superior knowledge" in the field of hyperthrophy and strength training, the guy is weak as fuck and looks like absolute shit. After divorcing his wife he's been putting videos up for the "haters" where he's driving an old, useless Mercedes while showing off his new gun and iPhone. Yeah, that'll show the haters.
>>
Weighted dips are great but the weight you can handle isn't the weight your body can handle

It's easy to fuck up your shoulders if you progress too quickly
>>
if you do weighted dips make sure you anchor the weight correctly so it doesn't swing under you. this is mainly the reason for injuries.

also look up for weight placement since it matters a lot at which muscles get targeted the most.
>>
>>40866878
Weighted, but only 5 kilos
>>
Personally, I would suggest going through patiently the bodyweight dip steps to achieve a full ROM, slow, proper dip form. Use material like startbodyweight.com. When you achieved that, you can slowly start adding weight. I personally use a weighted vest as it keeps the weight in place and also let's you spread it evenly on your torso. If you don't have one and don't want to get one, then pay attention to do your reps slowly and properly, no momentum, no swinging the weight, etc.
>>
>>40866878
You should ask a sports doctor, the conservative advice would be like with squats: go slightly past parallel, and increase the weight if you can.
The strength curve would be crazy if you bottom all the way down anyway, that's the sign of a bad exercise.
>>
>>40866987

Dude his muscles were to big for his strength levels. He even admitted it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.