[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to join the military in about a year, and was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

I'm planning to join the military in about a year, and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what kind of workout regimens would best prepare me for that. Right now I am just free lifting every once in awhile, but I plan to start taking this very seriously soon.
>>
>>40864289
Don't join the Canadian armed forces. Good lord, I've made that mistake before.
>>
>>40864543
why not?
>>
>>40864572
It's such a fucking shit show. No fucking budget so everything is shit. Can't even pay people on time. Lard asses everywhere and they're not given shit over being fat fucks. There are some awesome people no doubt, but that entire institution needs to be gutted and reformed.
>>
>>40864572
>>40864606
Let me just preface this by saying "Don't take that the wrong way". That's just how military service is. It has its ups and downs, and when you get out, you'll wonder why you ever joined, but in some weird way, you'll be glad you did...probably. Everyone is different.

My only solid advice is to truly know what you're signing yourself up for. Know what your life is going to be like. If you're okay with that, than embark on that journey.
>>
Start runnin, either do couch to 5k + On the days when you cannot run do pullups, pushups and situps.

Or if you can use scooby's plan
http://scoobysworkshop.com/get-boot-camp-ready/
>>
File: moose-knuckles-gun.jpg (36KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
moose-knuckles-gun.jpg
36KB, 620x465px
>>40864606
I dont know if you are still here, but is it worth joining an air reserves as an engineer or something if I have a degree? and does that open me up for officer corp?
>>
>>40864289
All the running.
Get good at push-ups and pull-ups. Sit-ups too.

Find the guidelines, advice, tips for whatever force you are joining, and train those movements. If you can do a million push-ups with the incorrect form, you will no rep yourself into oblivion.

Bodyweight. Not the gymnastic shit. But handstand push-ups, single leg squats etc the progressions from the tested movements.

Don't not go to the gym, but don't make it your priority either.
Try and enjoy the running.
>>
>>40865285
Yea, I'm still around.

In all honesty, if you're joining the reserves, it's very different than joining the regular force. The reserves might as well be a club, but I don't mean that disparagingly. It's a different beast entirely. For one, you can quit it like a regular job. Literally a two week notice, turn in your gear and you're a free man. Although, they'll use your own pride as a weapon against you.

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that joining a reserve unit isn't the life altering decision that joining the regular force is. If you think it looks interesting, go for it. I have no experience with the RCAF, but I know their reserve units are few and far between. How long would your commute be?

In terms of becoming an officer, there has to be an open officer position. You also don't need a degree to become an officer in the Canadian Armed Forces. You can go from Master Corporal to Second Lieutenant, without a degree if you play your cards right.

Then there's the other side of the coin. I know people who have PhD's and still serve as enlisted, either because there are no open officer positions or by choice.
>>
If you want to prepare for the military, just sit on your ass all day everyday. It'll give you practice for the real thing.
>>
>>40865474
Mine is CEF (RCAF) in Aldegrove, so its like 10 mins away from me drive. And last time I checked they had some positions opened up. Not sure if there is any officer ones though. But I like the prospect of doing reserves for the extra pay and also isnt it like once a week
>>
File: reserves.png (24KB, 485x529px) Image search: [Google]
reserves.png
24KB, 485x529px
Here is the photo I forgot of the opening
>>
>>40864289
go for a run, do pushups, do pull ups do crunches ect.

Being able to squat lmao7pl8 means nothing when you're in the army unless you're just going for sheer bragging right like every retarded boot. The most important thing is that you can run (which you'll do shitloads of) do push ups (you'll be doing more than 200 a day during basic) and similar stuff. I'd recommend joining the reserves before you go full time though.

t. Ex-CSOR
>>
File: g5LoDk8.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
g5LoDk8.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>40865650
"Ex-CSOR" okay bud
>>
File: 1478734698988.jpg (99KB, 733x820px) Image search: [Google]
1478734698988.jpg
99KB, 733x820px
>>40865773
>"Ex-CSOR" okay bud
okay bud
>>
>>40864289
Literally do whatever the physical qualifications are. If they want pushups, situps, and running, then do those things to the max. Pretty much any armed force only cares about how long you can be pushed, not your raw strength output.

Go for endurance over anything else.
>>
>>40864606
Can't pay people on time? Lard asses? What unit were you in? Reserves? I'm in 2RCR myself.
>>
>>40865583
Each unit is different. Ask your prospective unit how often they expect you to be in. There are several reserve units near me that expect you to be in 2-3 evenings a week.
>>
>>40865650
>CSOR

dude wat. tell me your secrets.

>>40864289
was going to try to join as an officer since i'm not doing anything with my degree.

i know a handful of officers who teach/in my judo class and canadian forces seems to be a life commitment/career though because of its smaller size.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.