[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/. I come from /r9k/ seeking advice. I'm tired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 205x246px
Hello /fit/.

I come from /r9k/ seeking advice.

I'm tired of being a fatfuck (6'1, 260lbs) and am finally motivated to do something about it. This week I've been keeping track of calories and recording exercise, cutting out junk, etc. Habit forming.

I've already read the sticky and it's mostly stuff I already knew.

What I want to ask is if there's anything /fit/ could add that would help a lowly tubbo get his life together again
>>
hey robot,

one thing that's really important is: don't view whatever you're doing as a temporary lifestyle change e.g. if I can just diet for 6 months I can go back to normal. look at this whole process more as trying to inculcate positive habits that become a new normal. This is hard, and it's slow, but it's the only way to make sustainable progress.

Motivation isn't enough; discipline is the critical thing. But discipline, fortunately, can be learned. Don't bite off more than you can chew, but absolutely don't allow yourself to regress after having made progress.

good luck; you're gonna make it.
>>
Black coffee.
>>
File: 1484539650735.jpg (31KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
1484539650735.jpg
31KB, 500x329px
>>40857519
A good first step for me, was to go completely cold turkey regarding fizzy drinks. Once I realised I could break a harmful habit by myself I knew there was some hope for me after all. And hey, if I, a guy around your height who started 140lbs heaver than you, can make a lifestyle change then I'm damn sure you can too.
>>
>>40857609
Yeah, I've tried on and off for a few years to lose the weight but I'm pretty much on a precipice at this point. I realized that I'm at the point where if I do nothing I'll likely be unhealthy for the rest of my life, and that's def not the plan.

>>40857610
Thanks anon I'll keep that in mind. I don't drink coffee much but black coffee isn't really bad for you yeah?
>>
stop being a whiny faggot a lurk. piece together your fitness knowledge by filtering through the dumb and legit shit. this board is without a doubt the best way to learn fitness believe it or not
>>
>>40857803
Sodas were easy for me to stop drinking, my nemesis is starchy snacks.
>>
>>40857519
Hello fellow bot, I was in a similar situation to you, 6'2" 245 when I started. Since you already read the sticky my advice is follow one of the beginner guides listed, I did StrongLifts for about 3 months before moving to a more intermediate program. But what path you take is up to you. And like another anon said it's not a temporary fix, make it part of your lifestyle. Good luck, we're all gonna make it brah.
>>
>>40857519
Started at 270' a year ago

193 right now. Still have another 20 pounds to go. It's not as hard as you think, you just have to stick to it. No matter what.
>>
>>40857821
Black coffee with no sweetener has about two calories a cup and murders appetite. Also gives you energy you can use to exercise with and will make you shit out the bones of all the small children you've recently devoured.
>>
>>40857519
Read the book "Starting Strength", it has tons of helpful advice. There should be a download ling in the plg-thread
>>
>>40857519
Man, listen to me. I've been in this ride for years. This place is.bad for you. Don't stick around, don't lurk. Read the sticky again and look for ss.fitness, is another one. The sticky is the only good thing about this board.
Trust me before you try yo kill yourself: read the sticky again, then leave forever' go lift
>>
Do intermittent fasting
>>
>>40857929
That's not a very healthy way to lose weight anon
>>
>>40857949
how so?
>>
>>40857960
You're talking about eating one meal a day right?

That's not healthy.

You can get on a meal replacement diet and achieve the same results without losing out on nutrients
>>
>>40858005
If you take the same food you eat over the whole day and eat it in one sitting, you are still getting the same nutrients.
>>
>>40857519

Time. It's way too easy to overthink this. Never stop.

>>40857903

Good advice. I come for the memes and to drop an occasional compliment
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.