[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that there is literally no need to do heavy squats and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: snapcity.png (1MB, 1542x816px) Image search: [Google]
snapcity.png
1MB, 1542x816px
Reminder that there is literally no need to do heavy squats and deadlifts if you aren't a powerlifter.
>>
there's no need to lift at all. you could just sit inside all day and do nothing.
>>
>>40856022

If by do nothing you mean "browse /fit/" then you are correct, that is the best option in life.
>>
>>40856007
define heavy

over 4pl8?
>>
>>40856007
i'm nowhere near powerlifter Level, so im not concerned.
i just wanna get to 1/2/3/4 plates. thats enough for me
>>
>>40856073
What does 1/2/3/4 refer to? ohp/bench/squat/dl?
>>
>>40856090
yes
>>
>>40856090
yes
>>
>>40856090
yes
i'm currently at 50 kg ohp and 70kg bench.
my sq and dl are complete shit sadly, since i have to work on my mobility first. dont wanna injure myself, so im taking it very slowly.
>>
>>40856007
Define "light". I started very late with squats so 120 is my current max. In Deadlift 180 and in bench 110 kg, so what number is "light"? Am I already at the bottom of the term "light"?
>>
>>40856103
>50kg ohp
>70kg bench
Are you bending your knees in ohp, pause benching or do you do only ohp.
>>
>>40856022
Reductio ad absurdum
>>
>>40856122
he's right tho. God forbid anyone who has different goals than me etc etc
>>
>>40856108
light is how many reps you can do with the weight, if you can only do 2 reps of 60 kg squats, then 60 kg is a heavy amount for you
>>
>>40856007
>biting more than you can chew is dangerous
Do you guys just go to the internet and pretend to be retarded?
>>
>>40856132
I train with 5 reps 110 kg squats, 5 reps 160 kg deadlift and 5 reps 103 kg bench press, if I'm able to bench 5 reps with that weight, is it medium weight?
>>
>>40856022
> /fit/'s version of the blackpill
>>
>>40856120
no i do ohp without bended knees, i mean if you use hip drive to push the weight up- its so much easier, really makes you realize where the most power in your body lies.
i try to pause bench, but on the last rep or so i get kinda hasty
>>
>>40856122
t.weakfaggotthatlearnedthatphraseyesterday
>>
anybody who has lifted for any decent amount of time understands that lighter, higher rep work doesn't beat you up the same way heavy work does
>>
>>40856073
>1/2/3/4
You say that now. I got there after seven months. Now I'm dreaming about 2/3/4/5.
Then I'll be happy. Yeah.
>>
>>40856639
I mean thats a nice goal but the ratio between the lfits is TOTALLY different

I'm pessimistic about your OHP being 50% your Squat
>>
>>40856603
And by beating up you mean having disc problems and joint issues then you are right. High volume can fuck your shit up too, but you need way worse form.
>>
>>40856122
harry potter?
>>
>>40856147
I'd say it's average to almost medium
>>
MORE THAN 2pl8s IS HEAVYWEIGHT.

IF YOU CAN'T DO 4 SETS OF 12-15 THEN IS HEAVYWEIGHT
>>
What if i want to squat and deadlift heavy?
>>
>>40856659
Not that guy, but I'm at 2/3/4/5 and let me tell you, 2pl8 OHP is extremely difficult. Even in seated press. I actually wouldn't try it standing at all, with or without a belt.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.