[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brehs I had my med school interview today and I don't think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
Brehs I had my med school interview today and I don't think I did too hot. It was a brutal 1.5 hours long interview. I feel like shit. I worked my ass off for so many years, so many people are counting on me to get in. What's the best lift to make myself numb?
>>
>>40852865
>What's the best lift to make myself numb?

Skullcrushers should do the trick
>>
>>40852865
Why did it go bad?
>>
>>40852896

I'm Canadian and my interview was at Queen's University. They have something called Multiple-Mini Interviews (MMI) -- 6 stations that involves either a policy, ethical scenario, acting/drawing, or personal-type question. You have 2 minutes to read a prompt, then you go into the room where two people evaluate you based on your response ~5 minute response, followed by a question. Even though I practised a lot, I felt like the questions asked were reaaaally out of left field. No scenario questions either; just policy and acting stations, which are always tough.

Then there was a 20 minute long panel interview. The interviewers seem REALLY apathetic. Their body language from the get-go made it seem like they were disinterested, and the questions they asked weren't really ones where they could get to know me better. I feel better about the panel, though.

I'm usually hard on myself, but I don't know man, I didn't feel like I did amazing.
>>
>>40852894

Should the bar bash my head?
>>
>>40852999

trips confirm skullcrushes are the solution

and yes, for dat dere forehead gains.
>>
Unless you went in for the purpose of saving lives, which by the sounds of it you didn't, then med school ain't for you anyways.
As a doctor, you put up with shit school hours only to receive even shittier working hours, while the salary is comparable to positions you can get with other degrees.
I mean, you had the marks to make the interview, so you can choose any other degree you like.
So what's the loss, OP?
>>
>>40852942
>>40852942
They're sitting there listening to randoms all day it makes sense they'd be bored as hell and not care. What they do notice is how confident you are in your abilities.

You look nervous they'll realize you're scared and looks bad that you don't trust your schooling. You go in relaxed they'll pick up on that. Just trust your schooling you dumb bitch
>>
>>40853046

>which by the sounds of it you didn't

What makes you say that my dude? I worked hard because this is my passion. Otherwise I would have said fuck it and gone into something else. I know all too well the cons of being a physician, and money isn't why I've chosen this career.
>>
>>40852942
canadian medical schools are brutal as fuck since everyone wants to be a doctor here.

my sister got into a top 10 american school after failing to get into a canadian school here after trying for 3 years. you should give it a shot if you are willing to move abroad.
>>
File: brink of death.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
brink of death.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>Go in for job interview
>both me and another guy both have a follow up interview
>text the other guy when our follow interview was because I forgot it and dont want to ask interviewer to make bad impression
>guy texts me the interview is on the 25th
>Its actually on the 22nd and I lose the job while he gets it

I thought the snakes thing was just a normie meme. But god damn there are some really wicked people in this world who are serpents disguised as humans. The funny thing is we could've both gotten the job but he decided to trick me.
>>
>>40853067

That's true, good point.

>>40853078

Damn. Did she at least get any interviews in Canada? Which school is she in in the States?
>>
>>40853071
"many people were counting on me to make it in" makes it sound like obligation, and the usual suspect is family. Migrant families love the idea of children becoming doctors, but as a marker of success, rather than anything intrinsic to the profession.
I mean, if you went in because of such, being a doctor and saving lives and all that stuff, sorry, it must suck. Nonetheless, it's not the end of the world. You've still got plenty of options you can explore that are just as important to society.
>>
>>40853084
>screenshot texts
>send them to employer and explain situation

Fuck that guy over too. People (especially employers) hate dishonesty. They may even give you another chance.
>>
>>40852865
don't kill yourself until you get your results plz
>>
>>40853132

I didn't mean for it to come off that way, I just recall how hard my parents worked for me to be where I am today, and it would be a lie for me to say that getting accepted wouldn't be a relief given how happy they'd be. It's definitely not the primary reason why I'm doing this, and if I don't get in this year, I'll apply the next cycle.

>>40853084

That's a cunt move wtf. Do as this guy says: >>40853134

>>40853143

Will do man.
>>
>>40852942
sounds like something formally called a stress test

or informally called a shit test

they want to see how you handle uncooperative people/challenges

these tests usually weed out people who have already rejected themselves or others who are confident in their abilities
>>
>>40853127
yes. all rejected.

its a super small school i wouldn't give away details about but let's just say they have million dollar paintings casually hanged up in the lobby.
>>
>>40853194
I'm just saying, your family will be just as happy for you if you end up in law, and even though lawyers are scum compared to doctors y'know your famalam can't tell the difference.
>>
>>40853220

Thankfully I kept my composure, and confidence isn't usually lacking in me despite this post.

>>40853255

I hear you, but I'm deadset on medicine.

>>40853249

Fuck. At least she got into med school in the end, and a prestigious one at that. Canadian med schools have nothing on top tier US med schools. Tuition is a bitch, but she'll pay it off.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.