[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to try eating a vegetarian/vegan diet purely for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Phytoestrogens.jpg (91KB, 610x500px) Image search: [Google]
Phytoestrogens.jpg
91KB, 610x500px
I decided to try eating a vegetarian/vegan diet purely for the health benefits.

Turns out damn near everything considered 'healthy' contains insane amounts of phytoestrogens. If you don't know what they are, they are plant estrogen that closely mimic Human estrogen to the point they can bind with receptors in your body. For every study saying they are good for you there's a study saying they're bad. But what contains these phytoestrogens? Fucking everything. Flaxseed is the worst, it contains like 160,000 per serving where as an apple contains around 40. Nuts, wholegrains, beans and seeds are all contain high amounts.

What the fuck am I supposed to eat? I thought I could reduce meat and dairy and replace it with nuts, beans and whole grains, but turns out they're maybe just as bad but in a different way.

Other than eating a 100% raw fruit and vegetable diet I have no idea what to eat on a daily basis and get enough calories/protein. Why is this so hard?
>>
>>40843767

Why not just eat veggies, fish, meat, cheese and eggs?
>>
>>40843826
Because it's difficult to make a meal out of a piece of cheese and an egg, plus they're high in mammal estrogen rather than plant estrogen. basically everything you can eat is bad in some way except raw vegetables and fruit
>>
>>40843767
It's not hard, you're just overcomplicating things. In case you haven't picked up on it yet, everything is bad for you in some way, so you eat a balanced diet of different kinds of food to avoid an excess of any one kind of badness. It's that easy.
>>
>>40843767
Don't even worry about it. Meat is worse for you than anything you'll get from a plant based diet no matter which way you look at it. You just get the bulk protein from things like black beans, kidney beans, lentils, and then the rest is basically just balancing a wide variety of vegetable / fruit / grains to maximize nutrients.
>>
>>40843878

>Omelette
>Goats cheese omelette
>Poached eggs with crated cheese
>Egg salad
>Steamed veggies w/soft-boiled eggs, small amount of strong cheese on top
>stuffed tomatoes (Egg, cheese! Who knew)

I think the real issue is that you can't cook for shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 323x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 323x412px
>>40843767
You're going to end up looking like pic related
>>
>Hurr durrr all that matters is muh test muh estrogen

So consume nothing but vials of testosterone ester then you fucking retarded broscientist

Oh wait there's estrogenic plasticizers you'll have to touch to open them, better just kill yourself instead
>>
thank you for the replies, I'll just stick to eating nuts, seeds, beans, wholegrains, oats and loads of fruit and veg. I'll probably still eat fish a few times a week after lifting. I'm getting around 125-150g protein per day which seems to be decent for a mostly vegan diet

>>40844414
>better just kill yourself instead
no thanks jeff
>>
>>40844072
>Meat is bad for you
Fish food like Scallops is healthy and a solid substitute for other meat products.
>>
>>40844515
You only need a maximum of 1.2g protein per 1kg bodyweight to make maximum gains anyways, so that's more than enough.
>>
File: 1490228273034.png (574KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
1490228273034.png
574KB, 605x558px
iirc, those little fuckers are much weaker than mammal estrogen, my dude. So much so that lots of faggots claim that eating shit like broccoli and other dark leafy greens can actually improve your test levels because all the phytoestrogens bond to your receptors before your natural estrogen does, thus producing a much milder effect on your body. It's a quality over quantity kinfa meme, my dude

As usual I have 0 sources, but my personal recommendation would be to go /mediterraneanigger/ mode. Fish, grain, some dairy, veggies, pulses (basically just lentils and chickpeas [only two ways to cook those little faggots, humus or toast them]), some fruit, assorted foreigm herbs, and the odd bit of red meat here amd there. Seems to work pretty well, and if you pair it with green tea/red wine, you get those antioxidant bonus points

Everyone is going to try and sell you something different, my dude. This thread is proof of that. Just find something that lets you hit your macros, doesn't deprive you too terribly of your micros, and isn't obviously unhealthy/taxing on your body. Then, you lift. Simple
>>
>>40845110
'My dude'? Ew.
Eat [insert previous line here]
>>
>>40843767
>What the fuck am I supposed to eat?
Pine pollen. Pure phytoandrogens and extremely high in essential amino acids. Cook with it as a flour for nutrition purposes but it's best absorbed sublingually as a tincture. On that note, many of the phytoestrogens you consume from vegan sources will be destroyed as they pass through your digestive tract. But Pine Pollen is a godsend anyway. Everyone, including omnivores, should consider supplementing with it. Hands down the best legal testosterone booster on the market.
>>
File: 1488613168007.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488613168007.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
>>40845153
>mocking my autism
kinda rude fampai
>>40845158
Examine says its a bit of a ruse test-wise, but probably has some other good shit in it
https://examine.com/supplements/pine-pollen/
do you have a particular source for your claim about pine pollen boosting test, or are you a pollen salesman?
>>
>>40845158

"Overall, this supplement is heavily underresearched and at this moment in time it cannot be recommended for any particular usage in humans until more studies are conducted."

https://examine.com/supplements/pine-pollen/

The people saying pine pollen boosts your test are also trying to sell you it.
>>
>>40845110
Yeah that was my problem, half the people say it binds to the receptors and takes the place of human estrogen which is a good thing. Then the other half say it raises your overall estrogen levels which is a bad thing. For every good study there's a bad one. No one seems to know what's going on
>>
>>40845229
eat my dude ew bro
>>
File: 1483509959923.jpg (268KB, 600x892px) Image search: [Google]
1483509959923.jpg
268KB, 600x892px
>>40845285
>no one seems to know what's going on
I dunno how long you've been lifting, but this is kinda the default state of most debates outside the absolute basics of 'eat lots, lift heavy, get bigger.'

I wish I had some kind of magic answer for you like pollenfag up there, but the bottom line is that research is out for the most part due to shitty methodology and easily-bribed researchers. Some people say cholesterol is literally hitler, some say its essential for any decent gains, some say salt is what'll really kill you, others say you just piss out the excess and it's totally fine. All arguments ultimately either end up pointing at bodybuilders, who are almost entirely superhuman due to the actually proven steroids and hormones they use to surpass natural limitations, thereby rendering the comparison totally moot, or how this whole thread is ending up, with lots of shrugging and well-meaning broscience

At the end of the day, all that really seems to be true is that lots of different people are doing lots of different stuff and getting solid results. Pick some basic shit to believe so that you're not constantly questioning everything you think you know, and go from there. With an industry that's probably primarily built around the lack of understanding of your average normie, you're never gonna get a straight answer, so the only feasible recourse is to do some marginal research of your own and then fucking go for it. I personally wouldn't eat too much of anything known to be especially high in phytoestrogens, like soy, but as long as it's not a dietary staple you're probably fine

tl;dr fitness is a meme industry based on deception misinformation and comparing apples to oranges. stick to the basics and do your own experiments to find what works and eventually add your own contribution to the beautiful body of knowledge we call broscience
>>
>>40843767
A balanced diet, too much of anything is going to be bad for you. We're omnivores man, you need meat and plants.
>>
>>40845563
I've got a meat and some plants for you. Why don't you reach in and grab a handful?
>>
just stop eating
>>
>>40845486
cool guy this one. second this. start with something that works for many people, like a template.. then tweak it.
>>
>>40843878
>Because it's difficult to make a meal out of a piece of cheese and an egg

nigga that's a fucking omelete
>>
>>40845692
Ha! Wow! The n-word! As if that's super appropriate! What a loon!
>>
>>40846876
nigger, lurk m0ar.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.