[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me about Stronglifts as a newbie program, is it as effective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1489521102671.jpg (93KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
1489521102671.jpg
93KB, 680x907px
Redpill me about Stronglifts as a newbie program, is it as effective as people claim?
I've read a lot about routines and what not but this is the only one that seems solid and I wanted to get /fit/'s opinion on it

>inb4 Do SS + GOMAD
I've considered it, but all the memes kind of put me off

pick unrelated
>>
>>40842971
SS and SL are almost exactly the same program. The main difference is the Row/Power Clean I think.
>>
>>40843046
Oh and also SS does 3 sets while SL does 5.
>>
>>40842971

>put off SS
>considering SL

Nigga theyre virtually identical except one has 5 sets instead of 3.

The progression is still the same.

Either will work to get you stronger.

You won't look good by the end of it. This is not the fault of the routine. Its designed to last maybe 6 months at most.
You would not look after 6 months of ANY routine as a beginner.
>>
File: 1337608566167.jpg (4KB, 122x127px) Image search: [Google]
1337608566167.jpg
4KB, 122x127px
>>40843081

>you would not look GOOD* after 6 months of any routine
>>
>>40842971
you have to decide for yourself wether you do 3 or 5 sets

you need to add curls on non rows/chinup days

you are allowed to replace rows with chinups

if you want to do ss without cleans substitue them with 3x5 sldl

also chinups 3x5 is better than 3xF if you don't gomad

ghr/back extensions are for 'active low back recovery' can be skipped but won't do damage

if you feel you're becoming a trex just don't increase your squat weight

also: choose and then stick with it until you reach 1/2/3/4 for 5's
>>
>>40842971
Look up ICF 5x5, it's a modified sane Stronglifts. Just don't look up the guy who put it out.
>>
>>40843089
>also: choose and then stick with it until you reach 1/2/3/4 for 5's
This is the only sentence in this post that isn't incoherent or total broscience.

Seriously, op
>>40843046
>>40843054
>>40843081
This.

Just pick one. And if you do SL you should still read the ss book. Cover to cover if you're serious about progressing and getting strong.
>>
>>40842971
Who is this fluid druid?
>>
>>40842971
>being put off by memes
>making it
Please select singularly
>>
SL eventually converts to 3x5. The only difference is an app and rows vs cleans. To avoid t rex mode you should eventually add the recommended accessories. Chins on deadlift day, dips on bench day.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.