[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does smoking weed affect cardio? I want to start smoking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: nick_diaz.jpg (42KB, 450x275px) Image search: [Google]
nick_diaz.jpg
42KB, 450x275px
How much does smoking weed affect cardio? I want to start smoking again in moderation after a 4 year break but a lot has changed since then and I'm now competing in BJJ. My cardio needs to be as good as it can get. I don't really like edibles so they're not an option. Will my stamina decrease if I smoke like 2-3 times a month? /pol/acks can fuck off to their containment board.
>>
michael phelps
>>
It will affect it negatively, but only very slightly if itsonly2-3 times a month.

Not enough to really make a difference.
>>
Professional marijuana grower here.

You should be fine smoking it a few times per month - or even a few times per week - but invest in a quality glass smoking device and make sure you are buying medical quality.

You can also try a vaporizer, but they really eat weed and IRCC marijuana in a non-legal state can run $100+ for a good quarter ounce so you might want to stick with smoking.
>>
I love weed
>>
>>40838132
A weed vaporizer actually conserves it, you can either re smoke the vaped weed or put it into food.
>>
I smoke a bowl every night before bed. This morning I easily pounded out a 7 mile run, and the limiting factor was my calves getting a bit tight, not my heart/lungs. As long as you stay on top of your cardio and don't get lazy (weed tends to do that) then you should be fine, especially if it's only 2-3x a month.
>>
>>40836936
i mean, you know the diaz's compete in triathlons while smoking all day, so it cant be too bad
>>
Supposedly being high actually increases lung capacity, its hard to tell because 1) you're high and 2) it dampens your CNS so its technically harder to move

but anecdotally, smoking before LONG cardio sessions actually helps. You concentrate more on the rhythm of movement and breathing. I used to bike to work and itd take me 30-40 minutes depending on how hard I pushed myself and if I did it high I could get 20-25 and enjoy it.
>>
Wouldn't edibles/sublingual ingestion be the best method? I can't think of any downsides.
>>
I train BJJ in the 209; the nice part of Stockton on the northern edge next to Lodi. I got my 'purple' belt recently. Weed is a ped imho.
>>
>>40838247

you can't control when it kicks in or ends as well

also cant do it fasted

>eating brownies before doing cardio
>>
>>40838247
I tried it a few times and it's just not for me. I've been a bong fanatic since I discovered weed. I love taking the first hits of the session and just suddenly catching myself staring down into the bong high as fuck and realizing how fucking good the music I'm listening to suddenly sounds. Best part of the session actually. When you go from sober and stressed out to fucked up and mellow in a couple of minutes.
>>40838249
Do you ever train with the Diaz brothers?
>>
Eww vaped out weed is disgusting af.

And I usually need a good gram or two to get a good pull on a vape - so I end up going thru way more weed than I do with a smoking device - but I guess YMMV..
>>
>>40838433

I played bball against Nate at the 24 hour fitness in Lodi, but other than that, nah.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.