[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5'8 - 130lbs - 23 Years Old - No Friends - No Job - No Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: SlavicMrBean.jpg (52KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
SlavicMrBean.jpg
52KB, 325x500px
5'8 - 130lbs - 23 Years Old - No Friends - No Job - No Life - Had my first day in gym today, and it was pretty fucking shit. I went at 6am because I know I'm an aspie and wanted the weight area to be free. I'll bulletpoint my experience.

>Get to the front door, requires pin code, I enter it and now I'm in a boxed room, where I have to then enter it again into a second stage of doors like I'm in quarantine or some shit, and they're these spinning weird futuristic bullshit type doors I've never seen before so already I feel like running away, I put my number in wrong like 7 times in a row, takes me ages to figure it out and I know some of the guys noticed.
>Get in there, no staff anywhere, have to walk around the place trying to understand where everything is, aspie me can't find shit.
>Finally find the changing rooms, oh you have to buy your own lock for the lockers... Fuck it, i'll risk my stuff in a locker without a lock, but again aspie me didn't know to bring a lock
>I make my way to the weight stage like a scared child and quickly realise I have no fucking clue how these machines work. I don't know how to adjust the squat rack height or none of it.
>Ask the black dude with muscles everywhere if he can help me understand the squat machine, hey look at me pushing myself out of my comfort zone, this can't go wrong...
>he says "just put the weight on your back and lift" alllllllllrighty then.
>Find someone else who can help, there's no way I would have guessed how the locking mechanisms worked without help.I tried.
>45 lbs 5x5 squats, no idea if form was okay, legs began shaking on the 3rd set out of 5.
>65 lbs 5x5 Barbell rows, no idea if form was okay, I highly doubt it was, saw a dude watching me, probably thinking wtf kind of exercise am I trying to do.
> 45 lbs 5x5 bench press. Feels like I didn't know how to position the bench beneath me.

2/10 experience, I don't know what all the fuss is about.
>>
>>40830711
Do you go to a gym called 'The Gym' in Vauxhall by any chance?
>>
>>40830718
Not that one, the one near Angel. Just a day pass to try it out.
>>
>>40830711

>start doing something new
>omg I don't know how to do it; I better quit
>>
>>40830746
Hmmmm, yeah good point. Alright you convinced me, I'll be the next Arnie
>>
>>40830711
Dont jump straight into squats and heavy shit.

Get on a treadmill and walk for an hour to get acclimatised. Watch what other people are doing. Just soak it up.
>>
>>40830711
You know you basically have an infinite amount of free information on the internet, there's even a sticky on the top of this very website that can help you out.
Maybe do the bare minimum of research before you start complaining that you don't understand anything.
>>
>>40830918
That's what my plan was but the layout of the gym makes it impossible. The rooms are essentially seperated. Oh well, next time I'll
>know how to work the doors
>where the changing rooms are
>bring a lock
>how to use the safety catches on the racks

>>40830940
I didn't complain about not understanding stuff. Just wanted to show my experience.
>>
>>40830711
you had a bad experience at the gym?
clearly you should stop going and never improve
>>
>>40830918
>learn from watching the retards at the gym.

OP don't fucking do this. Read the fucking sticky and watch the form videos
>>
>>40831016
That doesn't sound healthy mr muscle man, did you make the assumption that I would stop going? I didn't suggest it in my post.
>>
>>40830711
You actually asked someone for help? That doesn't sound very aspie to me. I don't even make eye contact at the gym.
>>
>>40831054
I was even watching form videos on my phone before doing the exersises, but its very difficult to truly know if I'm doing it right, the mirror is far away and I'm facing towards it when ideally i'd see my side view.

>>40831084
A therapist + medication = marginal improvements. I asked him for help because I have to start doing stuff like that as "homework" so I can report it back to the therapist and discuss it. I'm actually able to get the gym as a presecription, that's why I've suddenly taken the dive into the area.
>>
>>40831125
good job anon, not even kidding. just watch some of the other dudes there doing the excercises when the can't see you and you will learn how to do them right. also check youtube for some inspiration and/or motivation. I recommend the youtube channel of bodybuilding.com as they have some quality videos on nutrition, right execution of the exercises and so on.
>>
>>40830711
There should have been a gym induction and safety briefing by the staff. It isn't your fault, it's theirs.

But stop caring what people think so much, and good on you for asking people for help.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.