[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've passed a 4pl8 squat and 5pl8 deadlift. I still can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I've passed a 4pl8 squat and 5pl8 deadlift.

I still can't hit a 3pl8 bench.
I've tried:
>heavy weights, low reps
>light weights, high reps
>wide-grip, medium-grip
>drop-sets, ramp-ups
>dumbbells (5x8 with 100 lb. DBs)
>adding dips

Any advice? I fail about half-way up; is this a triceps weakness?
>>
smolov jr bench cycle, m8.
>>
>>40826281
>I fail about half-way up; is this a triceps weakness?

no. weak lockout is usually due to triceps. halfway is chest or the transition between chest and triceps. pin presses from just below your sticking point, spoto press and board press might help

what program are you running atm?
>>
>>40826290
c6w
g nuckols 28 free programs
spotoshot
sheiko

are all also good programs for bench
>>
>>40826313
I've never ran a program.

I due a variety of push exercises one day and a variety of pull exercises the next with occasional rest days when I need it.
>>
>>40826281
Haha yeah I can bench 3 5lbs plates AMA
>>
>>40826313
So, set the bar on the catch bars and push up?
>>
>>40826339
>I've never ran a program
Maybe you should, uh, try running a program m8
>>
>>40826281
could be any number of things beyond your absolute strength: Poor joint stacking, sub-optimal bar path, bad touch point.
Get somebody to look at footage of your bench to see if they can pinpoint exactly what's causing you to stall out.
>>
>>40826339
>I've never ran a program

come to /plg/ you sound like a talent chad. how long have you been training?

>>40826353
thats the idea, but start from the top like a normal bench as it will be hard to stay tight if you start from the safties
>>
>>40826568
My entire exercise history has been...
Starting weight of 422 lbs.
6 months of walking and lifts with 30 lb. dumbbells.
6 months of walking and lifts with 90 lb. adjustable dumbbells.
One year weigh in of 235 lbs.
9 months of planet fitness.
9 months of anytime fitness.
Now, 275 lbs. with 300 bench, 455 squat, 515 dead.
Calorie counting to lose 0.5 lb. a day.
>>
It just happens one day. If you can do 275 for 7 then you can do 315 for 1.
>>
>>40826644
maybe not talent chad tier them, but still p good

and we're all fattys in plg, so you'll fit right in :^)
>>
My triceps were what kept me back for a long time. I did a lot of slow, time-under-tension triceps work with heavy weight to improve, that's how I hit the big 3 plate bench.
>>
>>40826644

Eating to lose weight will stall or regress your lifts anon.
>>
>>40826281
Start doing paused reps.
>>
>>40826339
Jesus. You putting up those numbers and never ran a program. Imagine how much you'd lift if you actually payed attention to programming. Whew
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.