[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /fit/, newcomer here. What's a good way to exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: sfq.jpg (29KB, 631x252px) Image search: [Google]
sfq.jpg
29KB, 631x252px
Hey, /fit/, newcomer here. What's a good way to exercise your abdominals? Because sit-ups and planks aren't really doing it for me, they lack the quantifiable certainty that comes with increasing bench-weight that comes with increasing weight for the next session every time you've successfully done three sets of 15 with a given weight. In comparison... yeah, I could do more sit-ups, or I could do them faster in a set time-frame, but it never feels like I'm actually hitting and testing my limits like I am with a bench, you know? If I find my form lacking in doing curls, or find myself unable to get the bar off my chest without a spotter, I know it's because I've hit my limit, and once my muscles recover I'll be able to push that limit next session. I've never been able to get a similar experience with abdominal exercises, because they're almost exclusively endurance aerobics instead of strength training.

Any ideas on what I could do?
>>
>>40811998
Squats
>>
>>40811998
scooby chicken
>>
>>40811998
Work on everything and lose more fat. Boom, perfect abs if you rolled the genetics die correctly.
>>
>>40811998

Mother flippin ab wheel. That shit will give you the absies
>>
>>40811998
Okay kiddo here's the thing about abs and how they work.

Are you standing, sitting up straight, ir stretching? Abs are working. That's why you don't feel it, becausr they're so worked already. If you really want intense ab training try these:
Flutterkicks: 100-200 Reps per set x3
Scissor Kicks: 20-30 reps both sides per set x3
Bat Crunches: (pull up bar) 10-20 per set x3
>>
>>40811998
Follow up to paragraph above.

If you want a sexy six pack, don't train abs. Do cardio. Doing ab work everyday makes your abs stronger and essentially bulks them up, leaving you with much more blocky abs.

By doing more cardio, more fat is burned and thus one can see your abs.
>>
Hanging leg raises x Failure

Most important thing is not to swing. Control the motion through its entire range and bring your knees all the way to your chest and SQUEEZE.
>>
File: ReviewBrahSips.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ReviewBrahSips.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>40812056
>leaving you with much more blocky abs
so you're saying bigger more pronounced abs are less attractive than a cardiofags abs
>>
>>40811998
Leg raises
>>
>>40812099
Nawh Im saying until you can see your abs it'll make your chest look bigger, ie fatter.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.