[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal that almost i dont feel DOMs anymore? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 142642421246.jpg (84KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
142642421246.jpg
84KB, 1200x799px
Is it normal that almost i dont feel DOMs anymore?
I've been lifitng for the past 2 weeks and today i dont feel shit from my yesterday's workout yet i had weight on my compound exercises that made me feel like i was gonna break in half. The only place where i feel really sore are my legs
>>
File: aMRCWSX.jpg (83KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
aMRCWSX.jpg
83KB, 1080x1349px
>>40807439
Yeah that's normal. Lift heavier
>>
Yes, DOMS are only for recovering couch potatoes.
>>
>>40807439
yes and no

ideally you'd want to have them

try different exercises/angles to keep things fresh
>>
>>40807470
basically. Doms all the time would be bad sign.
>>
>>40807439
Your body is used to the strain of exercise now. You won't see any doms unless you do something that your body simply is not prepared for. Like changing up intensity or volume or even doing another exercise program entirely.
>>
>>40807479
Nah it's good to get used to exercises and start progressing in them. Changing them all the time is not efficient.
>>
>>40807518
yeah for a week or two

but if you're still not getting any then maybe you need to try something different

it doesn't have to be the exercise itself, you can try higher/lower reps and/or more explosiveness etc
>>
>>40807537
If you're working out right, you'll have DOMS. I get them in my chest and quads (sonetimes for the quads, haven't been pushing myself enough lately) so that means that my other exercises aren't being hit hard enough. It's a simple way to tell if you need to up weight/volume/whatever.
>>
>>40807552
i agree

people often say that doms aren't necessery, and maybe they aren't if you're going for strength only, but i personally plateu if i don't get doms so i think for hypertrophy they are desirable

if you work the eccentric right you should always get at least a little bit sore
>>
>>40807571
So basically keep progressing on your compound without chaning too much (except the weight) and up the volume/weight on isolation exercises?

Because i am pretty sure no matter how much i up the weight on my bench-press(ofc to levels i can actually bench) i can't have doms on my chest after it.
>>
>>40807439
It's completely normal. Don't listen to the faggots who say you need DOMS to progress. I went for a run on monday and still have DOMS in my calves, because I never run. Don't get that from compound exercises or anything I do regularly anymore, at most it's minimal soreness.
>>
>>40807581
I had the exact same problem with my shoulders. They literally never got sore or bigger, even though I got stronger. Then I started using LOWER weight on both my shoulder exercises and my compound lifts. And I would try to bench press and pull down using my shoulders, as well as focusing on the eccentric. Now my shoulders have gotten significantly larger and they're sore all the time.

Leave your ego at the door and try to make your exercises 2 seconds up and 2 down (4 total), even if it means using girly weights.

That worked for me anyway.
>>
DOMS IS SINGULAR! STOP THINKING IT'S PLURAL YOU STUPID FUCKING MEATHEADS!
>>
>>40807537
>changing your routine every week or two
What are you, some kind of idiot?
>>
>>40807695

...oh yeah.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.