[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did taking adderall to treat ADHD/ADD help to get closer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: time to pivot.jpg (45KB, 720x404px)
time to pivot.jpg
45KB, 720x404px
Did taking adderall to treat ADHD/ADD help to get closer to your goals?
>>
>Silicon Valley

SEASON 04 WHEN?
>>
Yea but dont expect miracles
>>
I felt like my head was wrapped in foam, very uncomfortable, also had a panic attack and they have stuck ever since. Its a lot better now but dont go this route Anon. Self discipline learned in a slow and rigid manner is better than any medication.

I had lots of trouble in school/work but martial arts and the military helped me get over these hurdles. Not saying this will work for you but find something worth working for.
>>
>>40806770
nah this shit kills your hunger and makes you skinny af
>>
No, I took 70mg of Venvanse and it actually gave me panic attacks. I could get focused but not what I wanted. I would clean the house for 3h instead of studying. I also lost a ton of weight from basically not eating and when I stopped taking I got twice the weight I'd lost.
>>
>>40807705
>>40807028

Took Adderall for a few months twice in my life.

First time it gave me severe depression and anxiety. Second time it helped, but only sligtly and both times I lost my appetite.

The only cure to Add/adhd is discipline. Relying on addy is weak.
>>
>>40806770
Adderall should not be used as a permanent solution.

Like you do with juice, you should only cycle adderall to get your shit together. Once your shit is together you stop taking adderall.
>>
I'm 35 years old and was just diagnosed later in life at 32. I first tried the 70m Vyvanse. I was literally awake for 3 days straight.

After some other trial and error with other meds, my shrink and I landed on a sweet spot of 10mg of adderall twice a day (if needed in the afternoon).

In my opinion and experience, it is literally a miracle drug. I wish I was prescribed this in high school. I believe I could have been surgeon or physicist or engineer instead of just a generic compsci degree. Everything just seems easier to comprehend the first time. Learning, retaining, recalling, and applying new information is just second nature now. It's kind of amazing really.

Downsides are:
You sweat a little more. And it smells... different.
Falling and staying asleep is a little more difficult.
Weight loss (due to a lesser appetite).
Higher resting heartbeat.
A little more prominent anxiety if you're already prone to it.
Strength gains did not diminish. But it was harder to pack on mass due to lack of appetite.

If you're on a serious bulk that is a priority, then don't take it. But it could probably be beneficial on a cut. As someone whose life does not revolve around competing in Mr Olympia, the life and work gains greatly outweighed the gym gains.

Just my personal experience.
>>
>>40808962
staying awake for 3 days straight off of 70m vyvanse lmfao jesus christ you're a lightweight. I took 70mg vyvanse once when I was 16 and it just gave me a nice buzz
>>
Went from an average high school student who didnt care about school to a 4.0 university student and next year i start a phd program in organic chem so yeah vyvanse is a miracle drug i fucking love it
>>
>>40809343
Ima add though it makes it very hard to eat. I could only eat bland foods and liquids most of the time but if you track your macros and force yourself to eat youll be fine. Also working out on amphetamines is a thousand times better than any preworkout you can buy
>>
>>40808834
thats because thats a lot of vyvanse, Ive taken 20s and 30s and they do me just fine
>>
>>40808962
why is everyone taking so much vyvanse. Theres no way a real doctor would start you on 70 mg
>>
I was diagnosed with ADHD last year (I'm 25). I knew I had ADHD since about 22-ish, but had suspected something was different since 15-16.

I confirmed ADHD when I took some ritalin my friend gave me - it evened me out. When I finally got diagnosed, I was put on 60mg of Concerta (Ritalin XL).

I took that for about a year and decided to stop - even though it evened me out and made me calmer, more focussed, I actually liked myself better off the meds.

Even though the ADHD was always strong, I graduated from Bachelor's at the top of class; and from Master's third in class. My secret - I smoke weed every day. My point - there are different ways to achieve mindfulness.
>>
>>40806770
Yes. It helps me get shit done and do ok in school
>>
adderall works great
be careful if you have a personality where you like to get high or abuse it
i abused stims (addy vyvanse concerta etc.) until I needed benzos and alcohol to sleep at night
It is also very hard to eat on it
this is just my experience and I have an addictive personality it can be a great drug just weigh out the pros and cons for it
>>
I'm an 18 year old 12th grade student at the moment. I've been taking adderall for every day of school since 1st or 2nd grade. I still got fat because I would binge eat on the weekends when I wasn't taking it and had an enormous appetite. Once I started to lift and get fit it helps immensely with cutting calories. I can barely force myself to eat lunch.
I've been taking it so consistently for so long that I have no doubt It's had permanent psychological effects, but I dont know what they are. It's almost impossible to concentrate on anything academic without it. I took a 30 mg pill of Adderall directly before a calculus exam yesterday, and I could barely understand the first page and every little sound I heard drew my concentration away from the work. I felt like I was suddenly retarded and couldn't do the basic work that I knew I could do. Then the adderall finally kicked in and I blew through the second page in 10 minutes while the first page took 30.
I've never gotten high on adderall and I have no desire to.
I stop taking it during the summers cold turkey and I don't see any negative side effects.
The only complaint I have about it is that it causes stomach aches if you take it on an empty stomach, and taking it after school or on non-school days makes me extremely irritable and frustrated.
Overall I may have a small reliance on it to get work done, but I love it because it makes me feel like my IQ shoots up by 30 points.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.