[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, both me and my lifting partner have been doing SS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: machines are heresy.png (208KB, 560x435px) Image search: [Google]
machines are heresy.png
208KB, 560x435px
Hey /fit/, both me and my lifting partner have been doing SS for about a month and a half now. We've made some substantial gains (went from about 30 to 60kg on the squat, 30 to 70kg on didlies) but the problem is that we don't feel tired enough. At the end of a workout, we feel like we can keep going, both of us. The problem is that SS is strict about the exercises you can do and we always get told to just stick to the program.

Are we simply not lifting heavy enough? Should we add more repetitions? Differen't exercises? My friend's girlfriend's sister is an olympic powerlifter and she says we're doing something wrong if we're not tired as fuck after working out.

Also, my arm strength is general is not great. I can hardly curl 10kg. Is there anything I can do about that, which won't fuck up SS? Even rip says his guilty pleasure is curls.
>>
>>40796566
you are progressing. why exactly would you like to do more? you won't be making any more progress than you already are.

add in chinups/dips/curls if you haven't already.
>>
>>40796566

Just keep at it.
6 weeks is nothing. And if you rush ahead you WILL stall sooner than necessary.

The slow and relatively easy feeling start of SS is there to stop this.
Believe me, you will not feel like 3x5 squats feels too easy by the time you're doing over 100kg.

Don't be tempted to rush ahead. I'm speaking from experience. I increased the weight too fast and it didn't do any good long term, all it did was stroke my short term ego a bit.

The time saved by steady slow progress will outweigh the time gained by attempting to skip forward too quickly, trust me.

And let me reiterate, you will soon find 3x5 is plenty hard work.
>>
>>40796577

It just feels wrong, like we're not doing enough. I feel like I still have shit tons of energy and that I could continue to work out.

I know Rip says no, but would it be acceptable to swim on my days off? I feel like that would help, especially because I struggle a LOT to fall asleep and stay asleep.

>>40796591

Alright anon, thank you very much for your advice. Should I not modify the routine in the slightest? I'm just concerned about the fact that I haven't increased bicep strength at all.
>>
>>40796566
Add pull-ups.
Strong lats help squat deadlift and bench.
>>
>>40796566
>Dat OP

I-I didn't want to fall in love with yet another cartoon, man.
>>
>>40796604

danberu kiro nan moteru is the source mayne

The PT says that machines have their pros and cons in the next panel

I never know whether to believe this manga or not in regards to advice, diet or form
>>
>>40796620
You're a godsend
>>
>>40796600
do cardio after every workout day. swimming is fine. be happy that you are progressing without having to spend extra time at the gym. once the weights gets harder the exercises will get harder and you will feel more burned out, trust me. 60 kg squat and 70 kg deadlift is literally nothing unless you are a girl.

SS usually lasts around 6-8 months for most people.

>especially because I struggle a LOT to fall asleep and stay asleep
this happens if you workout before bed. go in the morning instead if you can.
>>
>>40796630

Yeah I know, but its a lot for me. I'm a little baby man with no strength and spent most of my life indoors so I've made decent progress for ME.

I struggle in general to fall asleep. It takes me several hours of lying motionless. On top of that, I wake up at least one or two times a night. It affects my gains.
>>
>>40796641
like i said, wait another month or so so the weight gets heavier and you will be tired for sure. sq/bp/ohp/dl + chins/dips/curls is plenty.

when do you go to sleep and when is your workout? look online for some natural things that can help you sleep or buy some kind of sleeping pills
>>
Just stick to the program dude, you haven't even gotten to the hard part yet.

You will feel it in overhead press first, followed by the bench.
>>
>>40796674

I usually work out after lunch, before class (so around 2). Or before dinner, at around 6. Sometimes fairly early in the morning.

I go to bed at around 2 and it takes me till about 3:30-4 to sleep.
>>
>>40796708
try going in the early morning. depending on what you do throughout the day you should be tired after dinner so falling asleep should be easier
>>
>>40796620
Haven't read it, but from what i heard from /fit/, the advice tends to be decent for beginners, although there are some problems.
>>
>>40796620
Most of the points in the manga are okay, but there are bloopers, like knees not tracking over toes in the squat and such.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.