[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo newfag here 5'9"-5'10" 165 lbs lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Yo newfag here 5'9"-5'10" 165 lbs lifting starter. Just want some muscle and a little more strength. Based on my height do I need to cut down lbs or gain some? I am able to post a pic of current body
>>
Also, how should I diet? I drink a protein milk every morning and eat a turkey sandwich with apple, chips, nuts, and cookie for lunc. Dinner is whatever girlfriend makes mostly healthy stuff. Any ideas for me to change or stay the same?
>>
Forever cucked manlet
>>
R E A D
T H E
S T I C K Y
>>
>>40793602
I'll answer any questions you have, if you do one thing. Read the sticky. Right now. If you can't find it, I can get you a link. It's on the first page of /fit/ right at the top.

Read it now. I'll chill in this thread for half an hour so you can ask me anything you want, just read the fucking sticky first, because it'll save a lot of time.
>>
>>40793782
Read sticky and one thing I am still a little uncertain of, would it be better to lift weights all around to lose weight or lift in certain areas? Basically is it more beneficial to lift in certain areas i.e. biceps, to lose weight?
>>
>>40793849
No. If you want to lose weight via lifting alone (which is only possible for a while before you need to start fixing your diet) then you need to stimulate a shitload of muscles. Compound lifts are best for this.

The bicep is a tiny muscle compared to, say, the entire lower body, which is what something like a squat trains. Hence squat is probably better than a bicep curl (altough you'll probably end up doing both).

Generally fullbody workouts like SS, SL, GSLP or ICF 5x5 are the ones you should be looking at. Each of their workouts will use a lot of muscle, build strength, stiumulate muscle growth and probably eat up a lot of fat on the way.
Any other questions?
>>
>>40793922
No, I think that is it. Thanks man!
>>
>>40793602
post a picture of current body, people wear weight very differently and i'm curious. other anon is giving solid advice. we tend to attack newcomers who ask very general questions that are covered in the sticky, occasionally you'll get a cool patient anon like the one in this thread.
>>
>>40793602
>5'9"-5'10" 165 lbs

Dirty bulk.

Or post pics for more specific answer.
>>
>hi new guy here, just want an order of some muscle and a little more strength. Give me the whole enchilada.
Kek
>>
File: IMG_5610.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5610.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>40793967
>>
>>40793955
All good. Good luck with lifting, and if you have any questions, search for /fit/'s "qtddtot" thread. Usually you can get some advice if you ask there. If you make a new thread, generally you'll get roasted for not doing research first.
>>
File: IMG_5608.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5608.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>40793967
Front view
>>
>>40793996
Yeah I usually look up how to properly diet and lift etc but wanted opinions from a group of more or less experienced lifters(???)
>>
>>40793967
Kek, patient anon here. I just get pissed when a newfag gets turned off from lifting by toxicfags.

>>40793990
If that's you OP, you should still take my advice, but consider eating normally, or eating a little extra protein. You're pretty lean already, and you look fine. Might be worth considering adding some mass slowly, but don't go crazy with eating everything and bulking. Just focus on lifting, and you'll see your body change for the better slowly.

>>40794016
Yeah, dude, you're in an awesome place to start lifting or generally working out. Good luck; you'll be fine

>>40794031
Understandable. That's actually why the qtddtot threads were made. Because sometimes you need advice, but making a new thread is excessive. I used to spam the shit out of it with questions, then google the answers I got. Learned a lot from the anons there.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.