[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how unhealthy is it to get the majority of your protein

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

how unhealthy is it to get the majority of your protein through whey shakes?
>>
File: 1489800086493.jpg (136KB, 718x625px) Image search: [Google]
1489800086493.jpg
136KB, 718x625px
If you rely on whey as your main protein source, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>40775900
but how wrong
>>
>>40775879
I'll boil it down so you learn and make your first step to improving your shit body

If you are getting a majority of protein through shakes, you are not eating enough
If you are eating enough, you are eating absolute shit for calories.

Whey protein is exactly what it is labeled as: a SUPPLEMENT. Do you understand this word? Look up the definition of this word.
>>
>>40775954
this doesn't answer anything and you're assuming too much from my question

i know it's not ideal but my question is simple so lets try again: how bad is it to get the majority of your protein from whey
>>
>>40775983
an intermediate level of bad
>>
>>40776004
why shitpost if you don't know? stop shitting up my thread and wait until a knowledgeable anon comes along
>>
>>40775879
Protein is protein bro, probably one of the better sources of protein to be honest as its packed with high quality amino acids.

However it is not filling enough in comparison to food, you'll find if you just consumed whey that you would be hungry.

Also whether or not you're getting whey is another story, unless you're buying from a reputable source half of the proteins on the market are just powdered milk lmao full of carbs and fats as oppose to actual protein.
>>
>>40776016
I waited enough but it flew right past you. look what >>40775954 said. ....

>If you are getting a majority of protein through shakes, you are not eating enough
>If you are eating enough, you are eating absolute shit for calories.

You can get all of your protein from whey and nobody can tell you how bad it is if they don't know what else you are eating. What that other guy told you is based on assumptions which are correct in 99.9% of the cases( assumption is that you are eating garbage)

Anyway I don't know the exact ingredients in whey, but if it has all essential amino acids(AA) than you can rely solely on whey shakes. I think there were 8 essential AA. If your shake has them, then you are set to go. Doesn't matter if the other 12 are there or not.
>>
>>40776148
Do the labels lie?
>>
>>40775879
If you aren't drinking 6 a day at minimum with 2+ scoops you are ever gonna make it.
>>
>>40776187
all the time.

Even worse so for American products because your supplements don't exactly need to go through rigorous testing.

If its too good to be true, then usually it is. Research reputable brands like the one in OP's Post.
>>
>>40775879
REAL FOOD MOTHERFUCKER NO PROTEIN SHAKE BULLSHIT GODDAMMMIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnI64N7Uhoc
>>
>>40776683
I'm confused, I thought he was pro-scoops
>>
I've gone through phases of only using whey and casein as protein sources for several weeks at a time
it works literally the same as eating meat, except for some side effects associated with dairy consumption if you're prone to that
>>
every dollar you are going to waste on whey like GOLD STANDARD how about instead put it into the bank and save it. Whey is a fucking rip off joke
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.