[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if it's so easy to lose weight how come there's so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 27

File: 1488952846262.jpg (33KB, 451x448px) Image search: [Google]
1488952846262.jpg
33KB, 451x448px
if it's so easy to lose weight how come there's so many fat people?
because it isn't...
>>
Losing weight is easy, gaining weight is easier.
>>
>>40774866

This.
>>
>>40774866
Actually gaining weight is hard.

Well, i mean gaining "good weight," like muscle.

>>40774835
There are so many fat ppl, especially in the USA, because of capitalism and consumer culture. We are told that we need to consume more, both in food and other aspects of life.

People nowadays are just so weak-minded. It probably has something to do with the majority of the food available today that is changing our chemical setup in our brains.

The last part might be shit coming out of my ass, but i think that could be a likely reason, aswell.
>>
If it's so easy to commit suicide how come there's so many alive people?
because it isn't...
>>
>>40774986
>Reddit
you need to go back, and take your communism with you
>>
>>40774986
>Actually gaining weight is hard.
>Well, i mean gaining "good weight," like muscle.

This thread isn't about gaining muscle. Its about fat people.

Getting fat is easy if you have a big appetite, and most americans and westerners in general nowadays are raised with big appetites.
>>
>>40775013
>implying the jews haven't been using capitalism to undermine the foundations of capitalism and our government
>>
>>40775024
Okay, my mistake then.

>>40775013
Please, is that the only response you can give me?
>>
>>40774866
>Losing weight is compromised of inactivity, not eating food

>Gaining weight is an activity, eating food

>losing is harder than gaining

Maybe if you drink a gallon of soda a day
>>
>>40774835
LOSING WEIGHT ISN'T EASY, IT'S SIMPLE.

S I M P L E

IT'S HARD BUT..... SIMPLE
>>
losing weight is easy

learning how to lose weight is hard
>>
>>40774835
>>40774986
Gaining weight is objectively harder than losing weight, fat or muscle. To lose weight literally all you have to do is put less effort into eating. Doing less is easier than doing more, how is that so difficult for people to understand?
>>
>>40775199
This. Everything is stacked against you figuring this shit out.
>>
losing weight is easy.

keeping it low implies a permanent lifestyle change which most people find it either hard to execute, understand or simply not really appealing.
>>
>>40775229
You don't have to put less effort in to eating. You have to put more effort in to being discriminating about what you eat. Not too hard once you've got your new habits down, but a real bitch the first few months.
>>
>>40774835
losing weight is easy faggot

past two and a half months ive been running for half an hour doing some weights for half as well nearly every day. I went from 240 to 215. id probably be lower if i didnt still eat fat shit recently.

gaining muscle is a bitch tho. only way to do that is to fuck your muscles and make yourself hate life for months

just get off your fat ass
>>
>>40774835
>weight loss = eating less
>weight gain = eating more
>eating less = buying less food
>eating more = buying more food
Its physically easier to not eat than to eat. What meme are you living in
>>
>>40774986
The pattern I've noticed as an American is that fat men just don't give a shit about how fat they get, and fat women care, but are too stupid to do a proper diet and too weak-willed to stick with it.
I have several co-workers who start their day with a soda. I'm talking about coming into work at 7 am with a fucking soda.
Two of them also bring a big ass candy bar with them.
To them it is totally fucking normal to do this.
Shit like that is why so many people are fat in this country.
>>
>>40775352
t. poorfuck
>>
>>40775199
>>40775258
this i actually a good point
they seriously need to start teaching this shit in public school
>>
>>40774835
If getting girls is so easy just b urself brah how come there's so many virgins?

because it isn't
>>
>>40774835
>if it's so easy to lose weight how come there's so many fat people?

shut the fuck up, it is easy, but fatties lack any whatsoever of willpower so they always relay back on shitty excuses like MUUHH GENETICS
>>
>>40775413
it's funny you try to make this stupid argument because the fact is you guys sit around all day making fun of fat people even though it's extremely hard to lose any meaningful weight

i personally think you're all poor, and the idea of being able to afford more food is alien to you
>>
>>40774835
The problem isn't losing weight. The problem is being told that there is no problem with them being fat AND not being able to keep it off.
>>
>>40775439
>can't prove me wrong
check and m8
>>
>>40775388
They used to.
But there was too much money in pushing big food business friendly bullshit on ignorant children.
>>
>>40774835
because we are beset upon with constant advertising for foods that are bad for you, our culture glorifies foods that are bad for you, our schools cut out physical education and serve foods that are bad for you, most people simply never learned about how to eat right and exercise properly. In addition to all this, there is a legitimate addiction quality to our relationship with food, and most people don't understand this.
>>
>>40775187
Holy duck so much this
>>
>>40774986
this and only this
>>
>>40774835

lost 5 kg in a month. Started with 120 kg. Your statement is obsolete.
>>
>>40775357
America's capitlistic and consumeristic culture promotes a feel good kind if behaviour.
We have to comsume things that make us feel good.

Im not saying capitalism is bad, but America has perverted capitalism into something morbid and hedonistic.
>>
>>40775491
you're going to gain it all back by the end of the year

screencap this
>>
Losing weight as in getting skinny is easy, but losing fat while gaining muscle is hard because you have to eat foods that are rich with protein but not calorie dense, which cuts out a lot of the "bulking foods" people suggest
>>
>>40775520

you're on
>>
Losing is harder because to eat healthy you generally have to cook proper meals. Yeah you can starve yourself but that's just going to end up being g counter productive. To eat high calorie junk you just need a microwave or a phone.
>>
>>40775508
I don't think it's America's fault, with a decaying cultural identity in most civilized countries, consumerism is the natural replacement.
>>
>>40775549
>Losing is harder because to eat healthy you generally have to cook proper meals

rice and chicken aint hard to make nigga
>>
>>40775549
>To eat high calorie junk you just need a microwave or a phone.
don't forget money

Good healthy food is more expensive, but lots of shit food is also expensive.
>>
>>40774835
depends on metabolism for me it s harder to gain fat for most ppl it s not
>>
>>40774866

it took me so long to realize this simple truth
dubs for truth
>>
>>40775024
also, appetite is something you can easily train, and by using sweets or fast food you get so fuckin many calories without getting full
1 pound of chicken is a solid lunch and has about 500 cals and i sometimes feel full after it and always satisfied, while i can easiy devour 3 long chickens to put me at 2k cals
>>
>>40774835
Losing weight is fucking easy. No American generation since the second world war has had an ounce of willpower drilled into them from childhood. They cave on goals the instant it gets hard.
>>
>>40775662
m8 just because you can't afford to eat 2x your normal amount doesn't mean everyone lacks willpower, you just lack money
>>
>>40774835
because fat people are, by definition, lazy and stupid.
>>
>>40774835
It's easy, you fat fuck. Eat less and move more, you're just too fat, dumb, and lazy to commit. I used to have that same mentality, then I actually committed for a month and lost 10 pounds, the another 10, and so on and so forth until we get to where I am today at 267 down from 320+.
>>
>>40775466
They let coke and Pepsi put fucking vending machines in schools, and the carriculum is administered from so high up that teachers are basically warm bodies who have to teach what they're told.
>>
Losing weight is easy for anyone with willpower. Literally just eat less. Instead of eating a poptart eat an apple, drink water instead of soda. It's such a simple action it's baffling that anyone could find it hard.
>>
File: 1489799996748m.jpg (46KB, 683x1024px)
1489799996748m.jpg
46KB, 683x1024px
It's a deadly combo of easy access to cheap calorie dense foods, sedentary lifestyles, lack of basic nutritional knowledge, instant gratification culture and an extreme lack of willpower. Most people these days are weak minded troglodytes who aren't willing to not be a fat, miserable slob. On the plus side, with so many fat fuckers, it makes standing out as an alpha male much easier.
>>
>>40775555
Quads of truth. Is there anywhere left that has a culture that isn't being assimilated by the cult of consumption?
>>
>>40775199
This is a reasonably big factor. The process to actually lose weight is simple as shit, but there's so much shitty information and word-of-mouth bullshit out there that most people have no idea where to start. There's so much shit about muh genetics/metabolism/thyroid that people think they don't have any control, and if they do want to make a change they have to go through retarded diets, insane exercising and all sorts of other shit that doesn't work just because they don't know any better. Instead of looking up "eat less calories" they all believe shit their retarded aunt tells them about drinking vinegar and try it and fail. The actual process is simple but it's buried in ignorant bullshit and people don't know any better.
>>
>>40776771
I had guys at work telling me to eat more throughout the day "to keep my metabolism going". Politely told them to fuck off.
>>
>>40775868
It's not a matter of willpower. All the willpower in the world isn't going solve your ignorance or make the good information float to the top of the sea of shit if you google "lose weight"
>>
>>40775229
You can't simply put aside the psychological effects and cravings, which is what makes it "hard" for fatasses to lose weight. Your body will start bitching if you cut where it hurts, typically sugar.
>>
>>40774835
If it's hard to get laid, how come every one but you does it?
>>
>>40775491

>anecdotal sample size of 1 person
>obsolete

Hah ok man
>>
I see a lot of stupid shit being said here. Personally, was raised not eating very well, so at 17 I was 280 pounds. Took it upon myself in my last year of highschool to start drinking water, cut soda and slow down on fast food. Also wasn't eating much because I was busy. Dropped 100 pounds fast. Few years later I'm now counting calories, cut my intake from probably 4 to 6k a day to 2k, and in my own experience, it's really easy. The secret is to be motivated so it doesn't feel like a chore or a grind. Loving it right now and seeing results!
>>
>>40774866
FPBP

This is true for most people. It's fun to gain weight eating all the shit foods and it happens so slowly that it isn't until we reach a breaking point that we realize how bad we fucked up.

For me it was when I hit 220 (I'm 6ft1) back in December. I'm down to 207 now but it's a fucking struggle and my goal weight is 175. I'm cutting out all the shit foods I loved and hitting the gym harder than ever. It's working, but it is so much harder than gaining weight. One fuck up can lead to a few days of fucking up.
>>
File: Fastingcure.jpg (31KB, 307x475px) Image search: [Google]
Fastingcure.jpg
31KB, 307x475px
Fasting is the only cure. feel and know hunger. This is the only way to lose weight. Upton wrote this in 1913.
>>
>>40774835
show me ur tits u fat wanker
>>
>>40775697
Kek are fatties using the medieval argument now?
>fat is a sign of wealth and status
Last time I checked calorically dense supershit is very cheap and covered by food stamps
>>
It's only "not easy to lose weight" because you actually have to do something. Getting fat as fuck is easy... sit and eat... nothing else.
Losing weight requires you to have to get off your ass and have some self control to actually not just eat everything in sight. Which is apparently hard. I come from a family full of fat fucks and they will try the odd diet, but not one of them will put any effort in. They want a magic fix, they don't want to put any effort in because "it's too hard".
I respect any fatty that is actually putting the effort in and making a change, good for them. But fuck the rest of them. It isn't hard, you just don't want to do anything.
>>
>>40775428
Fat people outnumber fit people, even within your assumption that willpower alone is the driving attribute responsible we can derive that willpower isn't common and thus it isn't easy.

With weight loss studies if the data alone is taken in isolation from real life observation you would conclude that losing weight is impossible.

I've dropped at least 250 lbs in about 3 stints of 150, 50, 50 and I won't shit on normies who can't.
>>
>>40775740
You'll be back at 300 within a year you arrogant faggot.
>>
>>40774835
>"Man is free to do as he wills, but cannot will what he wills."
>>
Has anyone ever become obese by accident without extracted sugars and fats?
>>
>>40778893
Pretty much everything from an animal counts as "extracted", btw, because it's not the whole animal.
>>
>>40777369
im in the same boat but going in a different direction. im 6'1 and 182lb trying to reach 210 before cutting
>>
>>40778893
That would be impossible unless you have some _real_ underlying illness which 99% of people dont have.
>>
>>40780005
Not even with daily pounds of dried fruits and nut butters? Or is the fiber content too much?
>>
>>40775289
How? Eat less of the same shit you always eat. Tada! Less calories in your body, less time/effort spent on preparing and eating food
>>
>>40778893

Not really. I was researching obesity and discovered that according to official studies of the day, in the year 1900 less than 3% of Americans were obese.

Keep in mind that in 1900, nobody fucking knew what calories were and nutrition science barely existed.

Yet almost nobody got fat because processed sugar simply didn't exist yet.
>>
>>40776964
We aren't talking about fasting for a week here, we're talking about eating enough under maintenance in a daily context to lose weight. I'm not saying that you don't feel hungry, but the psychological effort required to ignore "boo hoo I haven't eaten in (any number less than 12 hours)" is less than the physical effort required to move your jaw up and down to chew food, let alone prepare it.
>>
>>40775229
>Doing less is easier than doing more, how is that so difficult for people to understand?

That's like saying smoking more cigarettes is harder than quitting smoking.

You are ignoring that people become addicted to the feeling they get from eating.
>>
File: Gumball_768473_5465903.gif (206KB, 640x346px) Image search: [Google]
Gumball_768473_5465903.gif
206KB, 640x346px
>>40778650
Lol, stay mad, bitch. Well mad and fat, more likely. I'll keep doing me and be happy with myself.
>>
>>40781554
Can you provide a citation or some sort of scientific evidence to back up your claim that calories don't do anything and "le scary sugars" are actually the sole contributor to obesity, other than just stating that "less people were fat in the past" and then wildly and hamfistedly misinterpreting the reasons why?
>>
>>40774835
communist won ww2 and controls the media

and thats a fact, your will is not been your own

coca cola doesnt market itself to get more buyers, it markets to keep competition out
>>
>>40775229
This logic is so retarded. How come it isn't easy to willingly starve yourself all the way to death? Because you want food. You want it really bad, instinctively. Your brain doesn't get you to eat food when you need it, it just makes it pleasurable so that you motivate to eat. Naturally, it's what you want most.

Animals are trained to do anything simply by convincing then that if they do that thing they'll get to eat some tasty stuff.
>>
ITT: People who never struggled with being overweight.
>>
>>40782065
Dude, what?
>>
It's easy as shit, most people just have no determination.
>>
>>40782290
>>40782290
>This logic is so retarded. How come it isn't easy to willingly starve yourself all the way to death?

Gee, maybe the longer you go without eating the more intense your desire for food gets? Remember that it takes weeks without food to starve to death, while we are talking about weight loss here, which still allows you eat MULTIPLE times a day, the two are not remotely comparable. If you're willing to sacrifice a day's worth of gains, try out fasting for 24 hours, you'll see how fucking easy it is.
>>
>>40774835
fuck outta here, I simply stopped eating sugar and now I'm lean.
>>
>>40781572
Nicotine addiction is a chemical dependency with chemically instigated withdrawal symptoms, while food addiction is an emotional dependency. The two can both be colloquially referred to as "addiction," but they are very different processes, and aren't really analogous in this context. Additionally, this thread is about whether or not losing weight is "easy." Someone having a compulsion that causes them to exert lots of effort towards gaining weight does not mean losing weight isn't easy, it just means that some people have powerful internal motivations/compulsions to do it. It's the same as how a lot of /fit/ people hate rest days and want to lift every day, these people enjoy working out and are "addicted" to the feeling, and prefer it to sitting around all day. This doesn't suddenly prove that it's easier to work out than to lie around and watch TV all day.
>>
>>40775562
Yeah and fat people have the will power to cut out all junk and just live off rice and chicken.

You'd be surprised how many people wouldn't know how to cook rice or how long to grill chicken
>>
>>40775179
For real, I'll never understand people who think that doing something is easier than not doing something.
>>
>>40774835

Because being fat is a mental state and you're not ready to lose it.
>>
>>40775179
>>40782589
Have either of you been obese?
>>
>>40774986
>capitalism forces us to consume hurr

God damn fuckin liberals. It's always "our culture this" "society perpetuates that"

Always avoiding the actual problem and pointin fingers at the fuckin sky. If you're so fuckin enlightened why don't you teach people how to NOT participate in the big bad society? Huh faggot?
>>
>>40774835

Because pizza, ice cream, and fast food is easier to obtain and tastier than baked chicken and steamed broccoli.
>>
>>40782520
>You'd be surprised how many people wouldn't know how to cook rice
The only correct method is to use a rice cooker.
>>
>>40775388
They should add some basic health classes into gym with some dietary information and repeat a few times over the years so kids get reminded.
>>
>>40775740
Yeah nobody's arguing at 300 pounds all you need to lose weight is to not pig on fries and soda everyday. You're soon about to find out it is way harder to lose the same amount of weight per month when you weigh less, tardo.
>>
>>40775809
I don't eat fucking pop tarts and drink fucking soda. Now what?
>>
>>40782733
Well what the fuck do you eat?
I've been trying to bulk for months but you need to eat like an asshole to gain weight if all you eat is meat, diary and grains.
>>
>>40782750
I ate like shit last year and have only gained about 3kg at my worst. Granted, it wasn't poptart + soda tier bad, but I frequently ate from cans and jars and microwave meals. From the beginning of this year my grandma's been in charge of my diet since we just ate whatever is in her garden -- green beans, chinese cabbage, chives, celery and some slow cooked pork and beef and tofu. Only lost around 1 kg.
>>
>>40782805
Must be some big garden.
>>
We live in a culture that is now saying it's healthy to be a fat fuck. Why would they even want to lose weight?
>>
>>40782846
It really is. They bought the place because it has the potential to be sectioned into six different properties. They're just waiting for the plans to be approved now, then they're getting rid of the garden.
>>
>>40782640
Instead of coming up with an argument to my statements, you call me a liberal as if that was a derogatory term, and say that im avoiding the problem.

Nice ad hominem buddy.

Have you ever taken an economics course? Did you know one of the first things you learn in an ecom course is that, in a capitalistic society, a business's main goal is to MAXIMIZE profit? Does that mean people will have to consume more and more so that these businesses can maximize profit? Wow! Could that mean that a society focused around an economic system that relies upon maximizing profits through consumptiom, affect our culture and the way our society thinks? Nah, I guess not. Thats just pointing to the sky to try and avoid the problem.

Honestly, its probably all those illegal immigrants and radical muslims coming into our country!
>>
>>40783094
>Honestly, its probably all those illegal immigrants and radical muslims coming into our country!
Unironically this
>>
>>40774986
>Actually gaining weight is hard.
>Well, i mean gaining "good weight," like muscle.
Uhhhh no shit? But that's obviously not what we're talking about
>>
>>40782290
Wow your logic is retarded? Nice straw man, bud.
No shit, its hard to resist the urge to eat food when youre starving. You know what isnt natural? A person eating so much everyday, that he or she becomes morbidly obese.
>>
>>40781554
Refined sugar absolutely did exist in 1900. What do you think Britain was doing in the Caribbean during the age of sail?
>>
>>40774835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g
>>
File: IMG_4347.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4347.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>40783107
>unironically this
>americans echo-chamber-bubble is becoming too stronk to penetrate
>americans worldview will never change

America is doomed
We need another world war to put things in perspective for the average american.
>>
File: 1475965520292.jpg (156KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475965520292.jpg
156KB, 960x720px
>>
>>40783188
>We need another world war to put things in perspective for the average american.
This, how else will a fascist regime get in power to truly MAGA.
>>
>>40776964

This is what we mean about mindset

You should think i feel bad? Good i'm fat and i need to be punished

Instead they get this wahh i deserve to be happy because im special mindset and so stay fat
>>
>>40783094
Here's your counterargument you stupid oaf.

We had capitalism before we had this plague of fat people.

If it causes fatness, why wasn't it causing fatness in the 1970s and before? There was capitalism and affluence, but no obesity epidemic. Something changed, but not that.
>>
>>40783363
Yeah. The Cold War ended.
The Russians were keeping you skinny. Left to your own devices; y'all blew up like a morning in Nagasaki.
>>
It's simple, not easy
>>
File: 1489942798836.jpg (244KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489942798836.jpg
244KB, 960x960px
I don't know man, its just always been so tough for me. Those shitty processed foods are just so addicting, its like being brought up smoking 100 different kinds of crack and suddenly having to quit them all.
>>
>>40774835
Losing weight is easy. It is just a lot more comfortable to be fat.
Even that is not true, being fat feels rewarding and satisfying in the short term, being healthy gives you a lot better baseline in your mood.
>>
It's easy, just not pleasant.

You know, like killing yourself is easy. Just get a gun and pull.

Getting fat is pleasurable, but the results suck, like slacking in school.
>>
File: 93377461.jpg (125KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
93377461.jpg
125KB, 500x375px
>tfw I never had any kind of emotionnal bound to food and can eat the blandest food with no seasoning for months before I get bored of it

threads from people trying to make rice and chicken less boring to eat are so foreign to me
>>
>>40774835
The real question is, since it's pretty easy to make a quality post, then why are there so many shitposts?
>>
>>40781804
As much as he's being an ass, you're not really trying to be any better yourself so good job on being the same ass.
>>
>>40783509

Very few fatties love food - they all eat pleb tier shit like mcdonalds and fucking doritos
How many giant fatasses dya know eating pheasant or tortellini
>>
How the fuck do you retards get fat in the first place?

I'm 6'2" and I struggle to get about 185 lbs, and when I do, I lose it within a week or two. I've been 185 lbs for nearly 3 years now, though I continue to make (diminishing) strength gains
>>
>>40775580
Yea man, I mean it's like like my eating habits have anything to do, I eat like 350 Cals a day and still go up, some people are just unlucky with their metabolism
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>40774986
>>40775357
>>40782640
It's one of many contributing factors
Western societies are all set up in the same way- revolving around capitalism which only works on the back of consumer spending.

The more sugar you eat the more likely you are to consume shit
The more you work the more likely you are to spend time in doors after work eating junk food and avoiding sunlight
The more you avoid sunlight and the more sugar you eat the more you negatively affect your health, aesthetics and hormones

Couple that with western societies ALL perpetuating beauty and social standards and aesthetic requirements and you have a funnel that makes the average working male and fat person give up and depend on the system of convenience, shitty food and less free thought

It's a self perpetuating cycle and it's only existed for the last few hundred years.

Some solutions include
>Physical education and standards/requirements in school/education/work place
>Sugar taxes and other things that take away from corporate interests which live on the expense of consumer health
>Encouraging free thought and education

Yes, this is what americans would consider liberal as fuck but it's also what makes the happiest and most prosperous countries on the planet work so well. America makes a lot of money but it's one of the most depressed countries around and it's not hard to see why when you break it down
>>
>>40782723
No it isn't, it you just workout harder and maintain a steady diet, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>40783538
I know I'm being an ass, but it's upsetting when these people already have that defeatist mentality without even actually trying. It's like they didn't get the results they wanted fast, so they wanna pull everyone else down with them, like crabs in a bucket.
>>
>>40783363
Lol, so are you saying that advances in food production around that time and GMOs didnt acceerate consumerism in the food industry, and that the principles of capitalism didnt drive it?

You known advances in technology accelerate production and consumption, r-right?

because it didnt happen before X, then it couldnt have happened after X?

You continue to call me names, is it cause you are insecure about your own mental capabilities or is it just pure arrogance? Or b-both?
>>
Why do people think gaining mass is difficult for normal people? If you are a skeletor who eats 300 calories a day, then yes it's difficult. But for normal people who eat about 2 000 calories a day can easily gain mass
>>
>>40775352

>tfw skelly
>wake up in the middle of the night with hunger pains
>lay on stomach to make pressure reduce hunger
>so hard to fall back to sleep
>want to get up at 4m to eat peanut butter

what happens if I don't eat before I go to bed ): (also I've eaten 2200 cals during the day)
>>
File: 2pac disgusted.jpg (86KB, 595x360px) Image search: [Google]
2pac disgusted.jpg
86KB, 595x360px
>>40774866
No, it's not, simply based on the logic that doing something requires more effort and energy than not doing something.

Skinny people have to force themselves to eat more. Fat people have to force themselves to eat less. It's amazing how, as a fat person, you can LITERALLY sit on your ass and lose weight. How can you possible compare that to someone who is struggling to eat enough, forcing themselves to expand their stomach when they have no more desire to eat?

The difference is, most fat people have a serious lack of willpower. If you literally cannot stop your hand from putting food into your mouth, you are a weak motherfucker who deserves to be fat.

Anyone who thinks or defends the idea that fat people have a harder time to lose weight than skinny people have trying to gain it is an idiot.
>>
>>40786272
>why aren't people like me? lmao idiots. look at that alcoholic. like bro just stop drinking so much and be like a normal person, lol dumbass.
>>
>>40774866
not when you're 6'4" and have to eat 4000 calories a day to gain weight
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>>40784862
Amen, Anon.

Its all sugar and not calories. Cut out sugar and eat more REAL fats and you will lose significant weight.

Here is a doctor who did all kinds of studies on this and wrote a book.
https://www.amazon.com/Pure-White-Deadly-John-Yudkin/dp/0241965284

People have been eating fats for millenia, but it is only recently that with the advent of mass low cost sugar products that we have had an explosion of diabetes / obesity. Its not a coincidence.

Anybody that tells you its all calories and exercise is an asshole. There is a world of difference to your body between eating a lot of sugar (without dietary fiber) and eating an equal caloric mass of pure lard.

The reason why sugar is in everything should come as no surprise to anybody who has fed babies or kids. Its much easier to make somebody like the taste of something if it is sweet rather than savory.

Thats why they sell so much Bud Light Lime in the world, even though it objectively tastes like shit by anybody who has even a remote shred of good taste.

/rant/ and don't even get me started with all these fucktards in the south who say their BBQ is the best when all they do is coat that shit in brown sugar. It tells me right away this chef is fucking lazy and shitty at his job that he has to fucking put sugar on his meat and treats his customers like fucking toddlers.

For all the Euro-trash and Cossacks on this forum (appartently a lot), have you ever eaten bread in America? Its fucking garbage because they put so much sugar in it. No fucking chef in Europe puts sugar in their bread because people there will know he's a shitty baker by doing so.

Oh and the reason fruits (sweet) don't make you fat is because they ALL contain dietary fiber which uses up all that excess insulin that doesn't get used up by drinking Bud Light lime and BBQ from Alabama.
>>
>>40786892
>The difference is, most fat people have a serious lack of willpower. If you literally cannot stop your hand from putting food into your mouth, you are a weak motherfucker who deserves to be fat.
>you can LITERALLY sit on your ass and lose weight. How can you possible compare that to someone who is struggling to eat enough, forcing themselves to expand their stomach when they have no more desire to eat?

Well compare it to nofap. Sure, fapping is doing something that takes effort, and doing nothing at all takes less effort. But is it really easier?
>>
>>40784862
Dog of wisdom speaks big truths.
A sugar tax is such a good idea. I kinda like Japan's obesity tax, but it's a bit too invasive and also doesn't shift economic incentives towards a more sustainable outcome the way a sugar tax would.
>>
>>40781518
Not all recipes are divisible. If you eat fast food a lot, getting the small combo won't mean shit because the combo is what's fucking you up.
>>
>>40787254
>Well compare it to nofap. Sure, fapping is doing something that takes effort, and doing nothing at all takes less effort. But is it really easier?

Imagine being on nofap but everywhere you look you see your favorite genre of porn. You're at work, your coworkers start fucking on their desk. You go into the break room, bam, porn. You leave and take a stroll in the city, you see, smell and hear every variety of sex. You drive home, yep, porn on billboards.

That's the problem fat people have, just replace porn with food.
>>
More info on sugar being the problem. Audio so you don't have to read a fucking book.

https://dianerehm.org/shows/2013-07-23/richard-cohen-sugar-love-not-so-sweet-story
>>
>>40787254
Fapping actuall will make you fat because your testosterone levels fluxuate with amount of semen stored in your body.

There's a reason why bull's on farm look fucking ripped even if they do no more exercise than a steer.
>>
>>40782716
Won't do that much good. School only covers 1-2 meals a day, pretty sure they don't list calories in anything but the milk, and fatass parents feed their kids to be future fatasses. The sad fact of the matter is kids have very little choice in how well they eat, and even adults won't give a shit until they're already fat and suddenly they're wondering how they got there.

We need some sort of Bill Nye/Mr Rogers level of information being beaten in to people's heads.
>>
>>40784541
Eating habits my man. Same reason you can't get past 185 is the same reason people baloon up to 300+
>>
>>40784862
>>Physical education and standards/requirements in school/education/work place
>>Sugar taxes and other things that take away from corporate interests which live on the expense of consumer health
Encouraging free thought and education>>

I'd really think a lot of this problem will go away if people actually got to try non-sweet food like European bread, German beer, Argentinian beef, etc. etc.

Its only like 20 years ago when you couldn't get a good cup of coffee in America. Now we're almost on PAR with the world without any kind of government intervention.

BTW I 'm a born and raied american so I'm not some Euro-phile douche writing all this shit.
>>
>>40787348
This. Most school lunches in the US are complete shit nutritionally, and that's not even mentioning the fact that the food looks and tastes like garbage. It's no surprise that kids will go to the vending machine and eat chips and cookies all day.
>>
>>40787254
>>40787296
Yes, it is easier, because it physically takes less energy. What you and most fat people in this thread trying to defend that losing weight is harder dont realize is that it all comes down to the willpower of the person. And as I said, most fat people have absolutely 0 willpower

There really is no argument, it's physically a fact that it is easier to lose weight rather than gain it.

Your nofap comparison is irreverent since anyone can easily not fap if they have enough willpower and self-control.
>>
>>40787348
What really helps is scorn and mockery more than anything. I live in the Midwest and when I see some late twenties / early thirties fat fuck clutching onto his shopping cart for dear life my blood boils.

In Japan, Korea, France, Sweden, Germany, Spain they do the same. Fuck them.

Its not education, its the fact we let them get way with this shit by blaming their parents, society, etc.
>>
>>40787266
Holy shit, summer comes earlier every year. You can lose weight and eat whatever the fuck you want, as long as you eat less of it. Eating smaller portions of fast food does work. We live in this amazing thing called "the internet age," which means you have google at your disposal, and no fucking excuse to not know what a calorie is.
>>
>>40787415
Get some willpower, skeletor. Putting on weight is so fucking easy, literally 80% of Americans do it without even trying. Stop being lazy and go eat something already.
>>
>>40776289
>Is there anywhere left that has a culture that isn't being assimilated by the cult of consumption?
Yeah but they're pretty much hated by the entire world. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.
>>
>>40787464
"Less of it" includes just cutting shit out. Much easier to just not order Freedom Fries than to eat just half and throw the rest away.
>>
File: 1482941510184.jpg (6KB, 212x212px)
1482941510184.jpg
6KB, 212x212px
>>40774986
>we are fat because of capitalism
>>
>>40787415
>Yes, it is easier, because it physically takes less energy.

By that definition, killing yourself is easier than living for the next 60 years because it takes less energy.

By that definition, being in prison is easier, being locked in a straight-jacket in a padded cell is easier, because both take less energy than living normally.

Or you could stop being an autist and realize that for humans, "easy" refers to one's capacity to endure something, and not the number of kJ expended to do it.
>>
>>40774835
The hard part is being consistent. That's where people fall down in fitness whether it's a bulk or cut
>>
>>40774835
it's literally basic math lol
>>
>>40787217
Holy shit dude, the reason why sugar is a major contributor to weight gain is because it's fairly calorically dense, and most foods with it in it have a lot of it, making it easy to accidentally consume a large amount of calories from sugar.
>fruits (sweet) don't make you fat
oh wait nevermind, this is bait. You got me
>>
>>40774866
pretty much
>>
>>40787509
i mean no shit not eating them at all is better, but my point is that it isn't necessary to cut out unhealthy foods to lose weight. Also
>Much easier to just not order Freedom Fries than to eat just half and throw the rest away
??? ??? ? ? ? ?? ? ????? have you never been in a fast food place? the vast majority of them have multiple sizes of fry orders. In most cases restaurants, fast food or otherwise sell more than 1 thing, if you want less food it is possible to order less food.
>>
>>40783481
You should start smoking crack! It'll help you lose weight, and give you an idea what an actual life-crippling addiction feels like, two birds with one stone!
>>
File: Capture.jpg (46KB, 728x252px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
46KB, 728x252px
>>40787661
>[Return] [Catalog] [Top] 151 / 13 / 99 / 1 [Update] [Auto]
I'm not baiting you. Sugars are much less dense calorie-wise than fats. Stop spreading ignorance.

Diabetes is also increasing amongst non-obese people in the prime of their lives. Explain that on calorie intake.

The human body is not adapted to eating large volumes of sugar, but it is adapted to eating large volumes of fat due to our hunter-gatherer past. It knows what to do with fat with far less strain on your pancreas than with sugar. Remember when all the docs said salt caused heart disease? Total BS, because we've been eating salt for millenia and know what to do with it (it was the primary form of food preservation for over a thousand years)

Again, anybody who says its all number of calories and excercise is an asshole. This person is ignorant and is either deliberately / indirectly causing thousands of people to live unhealthy immiserated lives as a result.

Look up real peer-reviewed studies of modern nutrition. Its fucking sugar. Everything else you can eat and the impact to your body weight is within standard deviations.
>>
>>40787063
this
>>
>>40787555
>Fat acceptance is the problem

Wasted trips tho
>>
ITT: /fph/ B T F O

can we ban /fph/ general now? fuck that thread
>>
>>40774835
It actually is, getting the proper motivation is the hard part.
>>
>>40787063
>>40787782
Nope. 6'5 here, gaining weight is easy as fuck. The only difference is now you get to eat even more delicious food.
>OMG I HAVE TO EAT TENDIES ALL DAY!!! WAHHH
fucking kys
>>
>>40786840
nigga you should actually get up and eat, also 2200kcal is baby intake, cum on step it up
>>
>>40787828
nah m8 you're full of shit, get outta here faggot
>>
File: 1488952250938.png (149KB, 611x672px)
1488952250938.png
149KB, 611x672px
>>40787828
t. fatfuck
>>
>>40787842
nope, 6'5 230 and am pretty much perma dieting even on a bulk. Burn a ton of calories too.

How are you such a bitch at 6'4? A cheeseburger is like one bite. I eat a huge meal and am hungry 2 hours later, even if I'm not hungry I want to eat everything in site because it TASTES GOOD

nigga imagine trying to bulk on nuts and raw rabbit meat, and you are bitching because you have to eat a couple twinkies and protein shakes? Fucking pathetic
>>
>>40787877
Nope, losing weight is as easy as gaining, as fucking very.

The fact you can't control your diet says a lot about you as a person, not really any different than being fat. Might want to reflect on that.
>>
>>40787717
And I never said you have to cut unhealthy foods. I said you have to be more discriminating, because you have to decide what fits in to your calorie budget, and while you'd think "hey, dollar burritos shouldn't be loaded with shit, I can have two" only for it to turn out those fuckers were 500 calories each.

It is a constant process of evaluating what you usually eat and finding alternatives so that you don't end up with a diet you can't live with and just go back to where you were.
>>
File: vpw2eb.jpg (103KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
vpw2eb.jpg
103KB, 612x612px
>>40787916
that's some next level projecting m80, keep on shitpostin

picrel, you
>>
>>40788033
>haha projectin haha m8
just end it dude
>>
>>40787748
okay, first of all
>[Return] [Catalog] [Top] 151 / 13 / 99 / 1 [Update] [Auto]
What the fuck is this about? Why are you showing me the number of posts in this thread?

>I'm not baiting you. Sugars are much less dense calorie-wise than fats.
No shit sherlock, when did I ever say that they weren't? What I did say is that sugars are fairly calorically dense compared to a lot of foods. If only I had a nifty infopic to show that... Oh wait! You posted it for me, thanks!

>Diabetes is also increasing amongst non-obese people in the prime of their lives. Explain that on calorie intake.
What the fuck does that have to with what we're talking about at all? Skinny people can have poor diets/lifestyle habits/genetic predispositions that cause them to develop diabetes. We're not talking about overall health here, we're walking about weight gain/loss and the processes that govern them. No one is saying it is impossible to be skinny and unhealthy, and I'm not arguing that it's healthy to eat as much sugar as you want as long as you stay under your TDEE.

I'm not even addressing your bumbling sophistric bile about the naturalist fallacy and that salt bullshit because WEW lad that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

>Again, anybody who says its all number of calories and excercise is an asshole.
Once again, no one here is saying that maintaining a healthy caloric intake is the only factor to having a healthy diet. However the fact is that it is by far the most influential aspect of body recomp and fat gain/loss.

>Look up real peer-reviewed studies of modern nutrition. Its fucking sugar.

Go ahead and point me to a study that both shows that caloric intake isn't the primary instigator for body recomp. Bonus points if its not you misinterpreting a study that talks about how sugar has a high energy content causing it to be heavily likely to be converted to fat tissue.
>>
File: end it.jpg (12KB, 431x467px)
end it.jpg
12KB, 431x467px
I fucking hate clean eating on a diet

it's everyday literally the same food, I don't mind the taste, but it's mentally taxing

no, doing IIFYM and eating junk food doesn't help, since it doesn't fill me up like clean food does.

I understand how people can be obese, it's an easier life to eat what ever the fuck you want. I don't even know why I put myself through this, I'd rather eat a bag of chips right now, but I don't. I love working out in the gym, but the eating part has put the whole sport in a bad spot for me
>>
>>40788148
how many times do you cheat? I used to feel like you when I cheated and ate whatever I wanted at the weekend. I'd order pizzas, burgers, and eat entire bags of doritos etc as I was just craving them so much. (I'm of a normal weight btw).

But since I cut all that out and eat clean even on weekends I don't crave it anymore, like at all. In fact the thought of pizza now makes me feel gross.

If I really fancy something to snack on I've got dry roasted/salted peanuts which aren't ideal but won't cause much damage in the long run.
>>
>>40775145
it's the only response you deserve
>>
>>40788148
Try finding something else "clean" and learn to use spices.
>>
>>40774835
It's easy for the body, hard for the mind

>all in willpower
>>
>>40785010
>300 pound fat fuck who been dieting for all but a month tries to lecture others on how to diet
Just fuck off. Soon you'll learn weight loss is an uphill battle especially after you've lost all your water weight.
>>
File: 1488658828419.png (243KB, 1200x928px) Image search: [Google]
1488658828419.png
243KB, 1200x928px
>>40788148

Try using this guide.
>>
File: 1488658898413.png (316KB, 801x2177px) Image search: [Google]
1488658898413.png
316KB, 801x2177px
>>40788148

Or this one.
>>
File: 1488658966866.png (577KB, 2500x1929px) Image search: [Google]
1488658966866.png
577KB, 2500x1929px
>>40788148

Or even this one. Or take what you like from all three in any combination. Cooking tasty is easy.
>>
Ive lost 95 pounds, its as easy as eating less and moving more gtfo with your tumblr shit
>>
>>40791372
post proof faggot
>>
File: fatty.png (406KB, 761x428px) Image search: [Google]
fatty.png
406KB, 761x428px
>>40791607
fuck off
>>
File: WIN_20170316_09_58_36_Pro.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170316_09_58_36_Pro.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
tfw fat butt
>>
File: WIN_20170316_10_05_47_Pro.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170316_10_05_47_Pro.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>40791636
>>
>>40787717
Most people aren't hungry skeletons that have to tube feed themselves to grow. Putting down the fork is harder psychologically for overweight people. As of today most people in America are overweight for this reason.
>>
File: WIN_20170312_00_05_33_Pro.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170312_00_05_33_Pro.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>40791649
big butte
>>
>>40775179
Fat people lack willpower.
>>
Gaining weight is easier
>soda has a bunch of calories in it
>people don't consider serving sizes
>products for sweeter contain added calories
>food and portions are cheap
>grab and go food that uses fat and other shit is loaded with calories
>more jobs are sedentary

And the final straw is people just don't usually keep track of what they ingest vs burn daily
>>
>>40775199
>learning how to lose weight is hard
Oh pls I just asked my three year old how to lose weight and she said "eat less food"
>>
>>40791779
Losing weight is easy, maintaining that lost weight is more difficult for people
>>
A lot of people are saying losing is easier than gaining, that it's easier to NOT do something than it is to do it. But humans beings at some point MUST eat, for fat people it's just harder to recognize when they're eating too much especially when they've had relatively the same portions throughout their whole life and legitimately don't know better. If you have a bucket that needs to have at least 3/8 of a liter of water in it but you only know gallons then it's very easy to overfill it. Basically fat people are usually just not really aware with how much their eating and don't understand diet enough to know how they can change the amount they eat and still feel fulfilled. I don't think its a coincidence that nations famous for their cultures surrounding food are some of the most obese (Mexico and America for instance), because all the people there think that eating what others might consider a large portion of food is normal. Once someone is totally aware and understands how much their eating then they don't really have much of an excuse (except for old tendencies which they should still obviously work on fixing) to lose weight.
>>
>>40791793
Maybe it's just semantics, but, I think losing weight is hard, but knowing how is very easy. We know if we eat less food we'll get thinner, but it's just hard to eat less food.
>>
>>40791811
Not to mention gaining weight is more subtle than you think. I use to be about 260, and I use to be a human skelly before. Roommates, work, and the occasional party made it all sneak up. Finally back down to under 200, don't want to go back
>>
>>40787555

>because of capitalism
>because of capitalism
>because of capitalism
>because of capitalism
>because of capitalism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1zdePe-yuQ

You can move to a socialist paradise if you don't like it
>>
>>40791881

meant to quote

>>40774986
>>
>>40787561
those radical examples are not a comparison to not eating food. do you see how many people eat normally and are in a healthy weight range?

Stop being delusional and just accept that you have no self-control and can't stop putting food in your mouth
>>
>>40774835
It's not easy, it's simple. Two different things.
>>
>>40791607
>>40793346

283 to 215.

I still have a long way to go but it's really not hard. Just time consuming and you have to be consistent.
>>
>>40793516
Good progress m8
>>
>>40793516
Good for you bro. Damned good.
>>
>>40793552
>>40793612
Thanks bros, we're all gonna make it. Maybe in another year I can be summer ready.
>>
>>40788594
could have shut up then
>>
>>40782438
>spoopy speleton
>>
>>40793516

half a year from morbidly obese to obese. "it's easy bro".

doable and 'simple' sure but u still have like 1 year to go. just because something isn't rocket science doesn't make it straight up. things like how long it takes make a difference.
>>
>>40774835

It's incredibly easy to lose weight compared to put it on. With weight loss you don't technically have to do anything but eat less than you intake and eat healthy, but to gain *healthy* weight you have to work out AND eat a ton.

however: it also depends on genetics and other factors. but if everything is neutral, head to head.. I believe losing weight is easier.
>>
>>407749866
?
do you sell water filters
>>
>>40774835
I smoked cigarettes for 6 years and it took me 3 years to quit off and on before finally making it a year without smoking. Just never stop trying to improve yourself.
>>
>>40794393

was to

>>40774866

muh bad.
>>
>>40794350
Yes, you could have. In fact, you still can.
>>
>>40774835
obese people are dumb
>>
>>40790089
Lol if you're retaining over 50 pounds of water weight, you probably should see a doctor. Eat shit, bum, I'm doing just fine.
>>
>>40793516
That's pretty good. I dropped from 240 to 191. Started October last year.
>>
File: 20170131_010944.png (13KB, 1440x305px) Image search: [Google]
20170131_010944.png
13KB, 1440x305px
>>40774986
>>
Weightloss is simple but not easy
>>
>>40775525
My issue at hand.
What do you suggest?
>>
>>40775179
GOSAD?
>>
>>40774835
It IS fucking easy. I was a fat fuck as a Teenager, in 6 months I've lost 20 kg, simply because I ate less sugar and carbohydrates and swam 2 times the week for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
It is easy regardless what your genes are. If you are a fat fuck, you are scum and deserves no respect and should be threat like shit from everyone around you.
>>
>>40775413
It's easier to loosing weight than to get girls. If you just make on failure and are one bit too nice - Friendzone. If you are one bit too bad - Prison.
But for loosing weight?
Make one cheat day where you eat shit - nothing happens, your mind will thank you and you will loosing weight way more easier because you eat 6 days a week clean and only one day bad.
>>
>>40787828
ikr
Literally just eat peanut butter and other nuts.
Holy fuck how mortifying lmao
>>
>>40775287
This tbqh

99% of failure stems from that reason
>>
>>40774866
I think losing weight is easier. Which is harder, to do or not to do? It's easiest to not do anything. If eating is doing, and not eating is not doing, then it must be easier to not eat.
>>
>>40794469

kek
>>
>>40787266

just eat a hamburger, no fries or coke
>>
>>40775388
we have this in my country and Im pretty sure most others do to

You American?
>>
>>40800205
Here in burger land we teach wrong shit because state legislatures think it's appropriate for to mandate what is taught in schools on a political party level.
>>
>>40775571
actually its not
>>
>>40800982
I went from spending ~8-10$ a day on lunch to ~5$, and I'm still eating Taco Bell and KFC and shit. Only expensive thing is the sushi roll I occasionally get, but I'm looking to cut back from the 8.99 New York roll to the 4.99 commiefornia roll. Better on calories and the wallet.

Worst offender is the "value" meals, which are neither a value nor a proper portion of calories. They're just fucking easy to order because the idiot manning the register understands "a number 9", but you try and order just the sandwich and its like you're the fucking joker blowing up a hospital.
>>
>>40782675
> doesn't make risotto, pilafs, etc...

shiggy dig my nig
>>
>>40800342
its either transexual muslim deerkin or creationist christ cuck bullshit
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.