[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a couple years ago (2014) I got a good paying job and was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

So a couple years ago (2014) I got a good paying job and was eating junk food after work every day because I could afford it. I went from like 140 to 175 in a few months. I have stopped eating junk food since then. Haven't even been to a fast food restaurant in years. I also gave up on meat a couple weeks ago and I was going for walks everyday for 6 months but I'm still 175lbs, wtf? What am I doing wrong? My diet isn't even that high in calories and I still have some visceral fat that won't go away and it's driving me crazy.
>>
>>40767849
you're underestimating your caloric intake and calories burned from going on the walks.
>>
>>40767930

My daily meals are usually:

Bowl of high-protein oatmeal in the morning
Some pasta and vegetables for lunch
Potatoes, tofu and veggies for lunch

In between I might have a tofu sandwich with mayo too. And then I walk like 3 times a week now. I have a heart problem that makes actual exercise very difficult.
>>
>>40768027

Dude, look at what you just posted and think about it
>>
>>40768027
You know , saying that your oatmeal are "high" protein doesn't change the fact that it's still garbage for someone who don't lift , same as pasta or potatoes .

Carby food are only supposed to be consumed prior and after exercise .
>>
>>40768027

Super carb heavy and walking burns shit all calories.

Seriously, walking is a shit-tier cardio, a hour or so walk and you're burning off like a snickers bar
>>
>>40768074
I don't understand why people always say this , I used to think burning 150 Kcals was garbage but when you think about it it's quite high ( and we're talking about the worst possible exercice in term of Kcals burning )
>>
>>40768027

That's a fuckton of carbs and without the serving sizes it's hard for us to help.

My old roomate used to pretty much only eat fruit because "Fruit is healthy" but he was eating like 1 kilo of fruit a day and wondering why he wasn't losing weight. Eventually he decided his metabolism was slow and it was impossible for him to lose weight.

Also mayo is pretty much pure fat.

Cutting out meat doesn't automatically make you healthy and guarantee weight loss. Meat is good for you, and it's not as calorie dense as a lot of what you are eating.
>>
Cut the carbs pretty much completely.
Cut the starches as well.

Eat non red meat like chicken and pork. For best results, poach (cook in water, not oil)

Cut the mayo out too. That's just a bit of egg with a lot of oil.

Basically, non red meat, peanut butter (to keep you feeling full), bananas, veggies, and supplement it with workouts with a thermogenic fat burner.

Go swimming as well. Low impact. Go slow and build up endurance.
>>
>>40768096

It's a time/value ratio thing

Walking barely exerts you, as a result it barely burns calories so you have to devote a massive amount of time to achieve results you could get with different exercise in a fraction of it
>>
>>40768121
The energy you put into a 30 minute balls to the wall workout is equal to the energy you put into a 1hour brisk walk.

Invest the time into walking and reaping the caloric and physical benefits or risk injury and seriously cut into your recouperation time by busting balls. It's really up to you.

Basically everyone has the time to burn some extra calories from walking, there really is no time/value ratio.
>>
>>40768146

> Basically everyone has the time to burn some extra calories

As someone who works 14 hours a day I really do not have the time to piss around walking.

And no, a balls to the wall intense workout burns a lot more than walking.

Fuck, I start every workout with about 10 minutes of rowing and that burns pretty much what an hour of walking would, it's literally 6 times more effective.
>>
>>40767849
>I also gave up on meat a couple weeks ago

But why.
>>
>>40768185
10 minutes of rowing burns as much as an hour long brisk walk?

Let's be honest here. If you're a fat fuck and you work for 14 hours a day, no workout is going to fix that shit.
You're going to have to eat less fatshit. The fantasy that you can outrow/exercise a bad diet and lifestyle is bullshit that gym owners and exercise equipment shillers sell you.

By the way.
That ten minutes of rowing burned at best 90-110 calories if you were really going at it. An hour of walking at a brisk 4+mph pace will burn about 500 calories.
>>
>>40767849
At 175 you should be able to run, not walk. Walking only helps you lose weight if you're REALLY fucking big
>>
>>40768275
and as another tip, your work out is only effective if you time it correctly. 2-3 hours after your last meal is a good time to exercise, as your body will burn fat rather than the shit you're digesting (my science is probably wrong there but you get my point)
>>
>>40768275

I can run but I have a heart problem that makes it difficult to keep going for longer than 6 minutes. I can sprint pretty well but I will get a burning sensation in my chest which my doctor told me had to do with "chest noncompliance" or whatever. I also start to taste blood in the mouth after intense workouts.
>>
>>40768099

How do you know if your metabolism is slow and how do you lose weight if it is?

Also, is there any difference between raw and cooked food in terms of calories?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.