[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Went to this gym owned by a "bodybuilder" >asked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: bad5d1111d0ffa553201f35cab05bf45.jpg (212KB, 1451x1220px) Image search: [Google]
bad5d1111d0ffa553201f35cab05bf45.jpg
212KB, 1451x1220px
>Went to this gym owned by a "bodybuilder"
>asked for a routine
>First day this guy makes me do a few exercises for every muscle
>came back the day after and makes me do the exact same exercises
>asked him for some variation on the exercises
>says he can't do that because i'm just starting and that I should do the same 8 exercises he teached me for about 3 or 4 weeks before he can change them

Is this even healthy? Should I go to another gym?.
>>
>>40730029
sounds fine to me, stop pretending you know more than him
>>
>>40730029
Read the sticky.
Get your nutrition in check and start a proper routine.
Starting Strength, Greyskull LP or Stronglifts 5x5 are pretty solid programs.
>>
>>40730029

Well which exercises are they?
>>
>>40730047
8 variations of curls.
>>
>>40730029
SS and GOMAD its easy like that
>>
>>40730068
>kek
>>
>>40730078
t. fat dyel 'powerlifter'
>>
he said

highbar squat for legs and traps and core
lowbar squat for legs and upper back and core
front squat for legs and shoulders and core
overhead squat for legs and shoulders and triceps and core
zercher squat for legs and biceps and grip and core
box squat for fun
anderson squat to master no bounce and momentum
hack squat to learn stay upright
bulgarian split squat to make sure both legs are strong the same

should I listen to him?
>>
>>40730047

Leg extensions, Leg curls
Bench Press
Back Lat pull down
Tricep extensions
Barbell Curls
Two different types of abdominal crunchs
>>
>>40730111

Sounds excessively complicated for a beginner desu.
>>
>>40730111

delet this
>>
>>40730029
This is normal. You probably look either very skinny or obese. Therefore it would be retarded for you to jump suddenly from sedimentary to actual workouts

Do light stuff for a while till your body is used to it then find your OWN routine. Ask that guy how to do specific movements not just "variations".
>>
>>40730123
>>40730111

desu of this two squat version looks way better
>>
File: fiddler_crab.jpg (145KB, 951x779px) Image search: [Google]
fiddler_crab.jpg
145KB, 951x779px
>>40730140
> from sedimentary to actual workout

gtfo out my sediment crabcel
>>
>>40730123

Sounds fine. If you're new to the gym and you look like a dyel, he probably wants to also make sure you're not a flake. So it's likely he gave you some feel-good exercises so you can stick to some sort of routine for 4 weeks.

Those 8 are fine, provided he's emphasizing good form on the bench press. He probably found after the first few flunkies that throwing people right into a compound focused program just made them quit and/or they didn't have the requisite mobility to even do the movements right.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.