[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my OHP weaker than all my other lifts because most of my previous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: q2btqae5bdlx.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
q2btqae5bdlx.png
17KB, 900x900px
Is my OHP weaker than all my other lifts because most of my previous shoulder exercises were lateral raises? Because my delts look juicy but proportionately to my other lifts they're shit.
>>
>>40726761
No, it's weaker because you don't do it enough. Press more.
>>
bump for more opinions
>>
one more bump for knowledge
>>
>>40726761
no it's weaker because you're a little bitch and don't spend enough time training it
>>
>>40726761
if youre delts looks juicy, yet you dont OHP much. Then its probably weak and small triceps.
>>
>>40727106
I haven't ever done tricep isolations so this could be it
>>
>>40727131
its very easy to tell. Usually the arm looks big from a side-way view, but small front a frontal view. Small triceps also highlights delts.
>>
>>40727174
shit that's exactly how my arms look and i can also curl almost double what i can skullcrush. How to fix based friendo?
>>
>>40727204
calm down on the curls and do more tricep work, or pressing movements.
>>
>>40726761
lateral raises hit side delts, not front delts

if your OHP slows down and fails at around your nose, you have a front delt weakness (like almost everyone else does in OHP, a tricep weakness would be pretty rare and a chest weakness would be irrelevant)
>>
>>40727204
You do tricep exercises, duh
>>
File: 1487284353484.png (463KB, 541x498px) Image search: [Google]
1487284353484.png
463KB, 541x498px
>>40726761
I dumbell OHP 85lbers for clean sets of 6

Doesnt help your situation OP, but fuck it i wanna brag

Feels good. Could probably use the 90s desu but dont like gettin all redfaced and shaky at maximum effort. I like to make my exertions seems effortless to the crowd of DYEL skeleton cunts at the gym
>>
I always do OHP for last. I notice that I do it way less than I do if I do it first.
>>
>>40727265
I think it's more to do with me rockclimbing than curls but thank you for the advice. upboated
>>
>>40727285
t. manlet with short arms
>>
>>40727281
OHP is heavily dependent on triceps. Especially in the bottom position and where you describe the common sticking point.

Its usually triceps that holds you back on OHP
>>
>>40727281
This is probably it as well, thanks famalam
>>
>tfw hit 2pl8 on my The Press
>>
File: 1489084318411.jpg (463KB, 786x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1489084318411.jpg
463KB, 786x1021px
>>40727322
Im 6'2 with a 6'2 wingspan

Been training 7 yrs and OHP is my fave lift

Bet u feel gay & horny now, dontcha faggot
>>
>>40727285
>Lifting for validation from dyel skeletors
>>
>>40727406
t. manlet with a vivid imagination
>>
File: IMG_2418.jpg (63KB, 800x763px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2418.jpg
63KB, 800x763px
>>40727409
Best part is i ask the skeleton admirers to hand me one of the dumbells to set me up for the first rep. Theyre a little tok heavy to kick up with my knees

I choose a skele who clearly cant even deadlift 85lbs and ask him, knowing he will struggle

Last week the guy picked the DB off the floor by the handle, and tried to place it in my right hand. We were forced to awkwardly cup eachothers hands and shuffle the handle into my grasp

Shit got too awkward for the skele and he fumbled the DB and it crashed to the ground

He turned QUITE red and started apologizing

Havent seen that faggot at the gym since
>>
>>40727285
hell yea bully bro sup

I like to leave my 275 bench unattended and kick people off that try to touch it
>>
>>40727484
edgy
>>
>>40727338
you couldn't be more wrong on this one anon

it's almost always front delts, which are the smallest, weakest, and quickest to fatigue (within a session, anyway - they dump fatigue very quickly) muscles involved in the OHP

and that nose sticking point is characteristic of front delt weakness as well, that's where front delts have the biggest mechanical disadvantage

the only time triceps would be a sticking point is if you do absolutely no bench pressing or direct tricep work of any kind
>>
>>40727484
>mfw I "accidentally" drop it on your shoulder and fuck up your OHP forever
>>
>>40727583
Front delts are retty big, and attach far down on your upper arm to give it a good mechanical advantage.
People who get the sticking point at their nose usually have a technique issue. Where they arent leaning back or have the bar too far in front.
Strength sticking points usually happens once you get above the head.
>>
File: olympic-press.jpg (75KB, 579x720px) Image search: [Google]
olympic-press.jpg
75KB, 579x720px
>>40727772
you can definitely press more by leaning back but I don't recommend doing it on a regular basis, I herniated a disc doing that shit and had to stop pressing for months
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.