[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fat loss (and weight loss, seemingly) has been stalled; the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1397613924260.png (12KB, 480x438px) Image search: [Google]
1397613924260.png
12KB, 480x438px
My fat loss (and weight loss, seemingly) has been stalled; the scale has been at the same weight for over a month. I'm intermittent fasting and eating under my TDEE. Lifting 3 times a week.

Some lifts have gone up, others have stalled. The problem is that, until recently, I always thought it was just calories in/calories out, but now I'm starting to realize that macronutrients dictate a huge part of body composition. I was getting about half of my required protein and almost everything else was carbs/fats.

Couple questions:

1. Can your weight really stall if you're under your TDEE, but just eating shitty?

2. If I get my macros in order and eat the same amount of calories, could that jump start the fat loss again?

Also, I'm not trying to do IIFYM, I'm just trying to eat healthier in general.

Thanks, bros
>>
>>40724043
1.No
2.Probably

Whatever you are doing you eventually adapt.
And 1 month is too fucking long to stay on the same regiment.You have to pace yourself.
Drop your calories even more or increase the cardio.

How many calories are you eating?
>>
>>40724167
I'm 150 lbs about 12% bf, my abs are just pushing through and eating approximately 1500-1800 calories a day.

I plan on increasing my intensity at the gym as well.
>>
You're probably counting wrong
>>
The only real factor is calories in vs out, so if you are stalling on a deficit there is a bug in your system. Locate it and correct it.
>>
>>40724167
If he's lifting and gaining muscle, his TDEE is going to go up, dipshit.
>>
>>40724268
The whole gaining muscle thing is weird because my deadlift and squat are raising, but my presses aren't. I'm going back to lighter weight with perfect form on those lifts to straighten that out.

Anyways, not sure if I'm actually gaining and my body is actually recomping, hence the same weight, but the lifts going up.

I know a lot of people say it's impossible to gain muscle and burn fat at the same time, but there is a very compelling argument that you can.
>>
>>40724043
Eating too little of the big P might cause you to lose more muscle than you would with a more proper amount, but you'll certainly still lose weight. You're either being impatient or counting wrong - there's literally no other explanation. Check those nutrition labels again, write that shit down.
>>
>>40724364
Have been, dude. And I've been really patient actually, I know it's a slow process. Just concerned because I think it's what I'm eating and not how much of it that is affecting the fat loss.
>>
>>40724268
>gaining muscle
>on 1500-1800 cal
>at 12% bf

Ok professor
>>
How much do you weigh?
How many kcal are you eating?

You may be calculating your shit wrong.

Also do you do any cardio?
Armchair lifters love to say cardio is unnecessary, but every lean good looking guy who isn't on a shitload of gear will be doing a lot of cardio.
>>
>>40724231
Well if you are really 12% congratulations. Thats appreciable efford and bf%. You cant drop your calories way below 1500 without losing your mind.
I guess your option is to Increase cardio.
Or try something extreme like PSMF for 1-2 weeks.
>>
>>40724444
Nice quads. Yeah I don't think I can go lower without adding cardio. It isn't worth it.

>>40724420
Haven't been doing any, but planned on it shortly.

More concerned about the actual food that's going into my body and how that contributes to body comp.
>>
>>40724043

>the scale has been at the same weight for over a month.

> I'm intermittent fasting and eating under my TDEE.

The laws of physics dictate: Pick only one.

When you lose weight, your TDEE does go down, because your body becomes more efficient at simply being alive.

So what has most likely happened is that you've lost enough weight that your TDEE has decreased to the point that it's now equal to your calorie intake.
>>
>>40724471
>More concerned about the actual food that's going into my body and how that contributes to body comp.

How much do you weigh and how many kcals are you eating?
>>
>>40725023
Did you read the thread?
>>
>>40725052

Oh, no, sorry.
You're just small AF. Stop cutting at 150lbs mate. Theres no point.
>>
>>40724043
Look into a refeed for a day or two.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.