[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any vegetarians here? What do you eat? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1357672745076.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1357672745076.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
Are there any vegetarians here?

What do you eat? What's your training like? For how long have you been without meat? Do you take vitamins? How does it differ being a vegetarian when it comes to being /fit/?
>>
Also interested.
>>
nice pic btw
>>
I've been vegetarian since the start of the year. I was actually vegetarian till I left home because of my family but gave it up because I didn't give a shit.

I eat fairly similar things to when I ate meat. Lots of pasta, eggs, chilli, curry, pizza if I'm cheating, soup if I'm cutting.

I take multi vitamins but I presume I don't actually need them. They're dirt cheap so why not?

I don't think it differs significantly at all. I've been having an extra protein shake every day and I've actually started counting my macros now to make sure I'm getting enough protein. If anything I'm getting more now because I'm actively thinking about where my protein is coming from.

I would recommend trying it for a month and see what you think. I put it off for about 2 years because "hurrr I won't get enuf protons" and turns out I just got meme'd.
>>
>>40716506
>I take multi vitamins but I presume I don't actually need them. They're dirt cheap so why not?

Because taking too many vitamins is bad for you and can lead to symptoms such as nausea, cramps, hair loss and others
>>
>>40716741
Shut up mom.

>>40716280
I've been a vegetarian for almost 2 decades and the /fit/ approved answer is...

Eggs and milk. A lot of eggs and milk.
>>
>>40716280
Vegan here.
I only take Vitamin B12, the rest of the vitamins you can get easily from other foods.
I think in terms of progress it is the same. You get enough protein and a lot of people on /fit/ overdo it. I have been vegetarian for 6 years and vegan the last year
>>
>>40716280
>>40717175

Listen to this /vegan/ bro here. The delusion that you need animal based products to make some serious gains is slowly busting all over the world.

Go veggie/vegan anon and fuck the retard tier broscience about how you NEEED animal products to get in amazing shape.
>>
>>40717246
>>40716280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3spAyOWq7o
Check out the Youtube channel of Jon Venus. Really informative and he is a vegan too.
>>
>>40716280
>What do you eat?
Whole/staple foods. Making the dietary change has forced me to learn a lot about nutrition, so good thing I didn't fall into all those fucking memes. The "continental"/Anglo diet isn't really conducive, so it's also forced me to learn how to cook. I lean towards Latin and Asian (Middle East, South Asia, Pacific) cuisine

> What's your training like?
Compounds

>For how long have you been without meat?
2 years, almost

>Do you take vitamins?
A multi (my diet is micro-rich so I'm thinking of cutting it out), D (winter), and B12 (methyl-, not cyano-). The vegetarian/vegan lifestyle can be deficient in key nutrients if the person in question doesn't know shit about nutrition. My ex got underactive thyroid 'cause she didn't get enough iodine even though she would've if she ate normal potatoes instead of canned like I told her to. Or seaweed, even. Good thing I got rid of that gains goblin

>How does it differ being a vegetarian when it comes to being /fit/?
Wouldn't know, I was active through school and played sports but never really went past regionals or provincials for anything. Started lifting seriously after my dietary change
>>
vegan here

>What do you eat?
Calories mainly from whole grains like rice, bread/pasta. Beans and legumes like lentils, black beans, pinto ext... Nuts and seeds like peanut butter, flax seed, mixed nuts for snacking
Then I eat lots of fruits,vegetables,spices,herbs,mushrooms ext... for my micros.
>What's your training like?
Already achieved my physique goals, now focusing on cardio and sports like rock climbing while lifting 3 times a week with push pull legs split.
>For how long have you been without meat?
2.5 years now
>Do you take vitamins?
b12, vitamin d, vitamin e (hard for anyone to hit each day), and rarely I take preformed dha/epa from algae just to make sure
>How does it differ being a vegetarian when it comes to being /fit/?
It takes a month of two to change you taste buds, after that I liked all the food I eat now. I recover faster because of all of antioxidants. Never have got sick since I changed as well.
>>
>>40716280
No meat here
>>
>>40716741
eh

Most of the ones you buy on stores will have exactly 100% of your recommended daily intake, and then you'll be lucky if your body absorbs half of that.

It's mostly feel-good meme, unless you take the ones meant to actually treat deficiencies (which usually come in the 1000-10000% daily intake range).
>>
I've been a pescatarian since I was a kid. I take a multivitamin every few days. I've been deficient in folic acid and iron in the past.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.