[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP ME OUT /FIT/ >enter gym >middle aged female receptionist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 20151030_600.jpg (80KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
20151030_600.jpg
80KB, 600x344px
HELP ME OUT /FIT/

>enter gym
>middle aged female receptionist greets me
>tell her I'm thinking of signing up and wanna hear about prices
>prices are good, ask them to show me around
>no squat rack in sight
>do you have guys have squat racks?
>"wtf is a squat rack?"
>it's where you squat
>"oh no anon, we have a machine for that, free weight squatting WILL KILL YOU
>oooh ok dog, can I overhead lift on that?
>"wtf is an overhead?"
>it's a lift, where you lift the bar... over your head
>"that shit is for pros, you'll be a cripple if you do that, just follow this dumbbel/smith machine routine I made you"

What the fuck do I do now?
>>
>>40713187
Anotha one.
>>
Apparently no gym near me has a squat rack.
I signed up to a different one after they told me "lol we don't have any banned lifts here", but they still don't have a proper place for squatting.

They also told me I should wait an X ammount of time before even touching a barbell, so I kinda feel weird asking them for form advice.

Can I properly work out like that?

Also, retarded Gyms thread. Share stories.
>>
>>40713187
find a different gym
>>
>>40713187
Why do you even ask dude? seriously

Plus it sounds made up
>>
>>40713237
Only made up part was the "it will kill you" part, actually he went on a rant how that's for pros, how the internet is filled with lies and how I shouldn't attempt any of those lifts till I'm 25.

>>40713222
No other gym near me and I don't have a car yet.
>>
>>40713237
Some places are like that and OP isn't a fucking idiot like your fine ass.

>>40713212
Home gym bro. Anywhere that tries to lower how often you use the fucking equipment you're paying them to use is shit. So everywhere is fucking shit, last option is buy equipment.

Post your location tho, someone might be able to suggest somehwere.
>>
>>40713283
I'm a Greekfag so I doubt I'll get much help here.
Once I get a car Imma spam for help on Greek forums though.

Unfortunately I have neither the money nor the space for a home gym.
>>
>>40713187
stop trying to sign up for planet fitness
>>
>>40713403
Most gyms here, seem to rival planet fitness and mainly focus on group activites and smith machines.
I didn't realise in how much of a bad area I lived until now.

Fucking 4chan redpilling ruined another thing for me.
>>
>>40713425
You could always do bodyweight exercises until you find another place
>>
>>40713447
I already bought a month sub at a gym without a squat rack that allows me to do all lifts.
I'll try to squat on the bench rack or find a spotter or something.

Looking back to it bodyweight would of been better.
>>
>>40713187
When I started lifting it was on a Smith Machine. I'd been browsing the board a while by then and had a decent amount of starting knowledge, and the guy teaching me shit was a college decathlete. It's better than nothing, you can still do the big 4 on it, then add in dips and pull-ups. The Smith bar was like 15 lbs so I added another 30 to make it an Olympic bar before I even started counting how much I was lifting. Also anon, you can do all the compounds with dumbbells as well. Then when you find a gym with a rack or whatever, you'll have a decent base.

Just remember, anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LorTM_gTyfk
"I know the odds are against me, but if there's a way to win I'm gonna find it"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.