[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ever since i started a STEM course in college earlier this year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: WSQx9.jpg (45KB, 500x726px) Image search: [Google]
WSQx9.jpg
45KB, 500x726px
ever since i started a STEM course in college earlier this year i lost my motivation to lift, thinking that studying is more important and that it will take me farther than going to the gym

how do i get my motivation back?

(in the last 4 weeks i went to the gym just one time each week)
>>
well... it does
>>
You can do both. Working out takes at most 1-2 hours out of your day, so you probably have enough time.
Stop browsing 4chan.
>>
>>40703940
studying is more important. but how do you need to devote this much time to one STEM course?
>>
>>40703940

STEM is bad shit dude, it will slowly suck the life out of you. Better start fighting it now.
>>
>>40703957
but i only come here when on the bus or before going to sleep

>>40703960
my uni is ~40 min away from my house and i go to a gym near my house
i usually arrive home at around 18:00 and am feeling too tired to go to the gym by then

i thought of seeing how the gym inside the campus works after my current gym subscription finishes bu i don't know if a closer gym will help

>>40703978
i tried a non STEM course before and i literally tried to kill myself
>>
>>40704043
Just do it. The hard part is actually going, afterwards you're gonna be happy you did it. Remember that you're just mentally tired after a long day in school, not physically tired. I feel lifting clears my mind and takes away the stress from all the studying.
>>
>>40704043

You're still in the baby STEM courses which to be honest aren't even STEM.
Get to 3000-4000 level shit and then good luck not killing yourself. They intentionally make it as tedious and opaque as possible to weed people out.
>>
>>40703940

TA for my first course ever in college was a huge dude double majoring in nuclear and mechanical engineering, that's how i never lost my motivation, i just remember that guy.
>>
File: N88WQb9.jpg (150KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
N88WQb9.jpg
150KB, 1080x1349px
>>40703940
God damn I want to inseminate this bitch
>>
Does your school have a gym? You'll probly be one of the stronger guys there.

I had the same issue when I was going to school. My only advice is to use this time to mild your habits. It's gonna suck to schedule your workouts and study time but worth it in the end when you realise just how much work you were putting in after graduation. At this point it's not motivation it's just discipline. Stay strong man.
>>
>>40703940
You can study AND go to the gym..
I am a full time student, have a part time job, work on research and exercise 3 times per week.
>>
>>40704243
powerlifters/stronglifters at my gym are consistently engineers/cs. this is also a top10 school.

some of the hardest schedules yet they all lift. i felt pretty emasculated as a disgusting biomajor.
>>
>>40703940
I was the same way until I finished my STEM degree and started working with other engineers. Especially if you are in America, the STEM workforce is plagued with poor health and poor lifestyles. Being fit will help you rise among your peers.

If you don't take care of your body, it will rot, and when your body rots, so will your mind. If you are fit, you will feel better, and both your mind and body will function better.

If you don't care about strength/aesthetics, at least do something for your health. It's worth it.
>>
>>40703940
Do both faggot
>>
>>40703940
Working out maximizes your potential in more ways then physical. So fucking do it to improve your studies.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/regular-exercise-changes-brain-improve-memory-thinking-skills-201404097110
>>
>>40703940
mechanical/aerospace eng double major graduating soon

manage your time well, start every assignment the moment you get it, and you should be able to fit in a few days a week of lifting even at the worst of times
>>
>>40704043

>i usually arrive home at around 18:00 and am feeling too tired to go to the gym by then

So either get off your ass and go or shut the fuck up about it. You people are the worst that need 'motivation' for every little thing, jesus fucking christ. You really think once you're in industry people are going to give a fuck about motivating you to do your job?
>>
File: IMG_0242.jpg (114KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0242.jpg
114KB, 1080x1349px
is poli-sci stem?
>>
>>40704460

ooooohhh lordy here we go again
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.