[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/,i apologize in advance for this thread and yes i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 11111111.png (566KB, 475x599px)
11111111.png
566KB, 475x599px
Hello /fit/,i apologize in advance for this thread and yes i have read the sticky but i really need your advice nonetheless,i am a beginner and i have been doing 5x5 for 2 months now to gain some initial strength but my goal is hypertrophy not strength gains but i have been told that going straight for hypertrophy while being weak would cause difficulties so i've been doing 5x5,so my question is at what point is it optimal for me to switch to a hypertrophy program and which do you recommend.
>>
>>40697766
>going straight for hypertrophy while being weak would cause difficulties
myth. In fact you'll get nice noob gains. If you want hypertrophy just do a bro split and enjoy your noob gains, a year or two from now change for strenght if you feel like getting stronger or for fun.
>>
Try throwing some in during your on days

Get familiar with feeling isolation movements, i didn't start with SL 5x5 and didn't see much of a result of hypertrophy in the beginning but that's because I didn't know my muscles well and I was in patient.

Since you've been doing compounds you have senses of those muscles which will help you hit more accurately.
>>
File: 1486500850167.jpg (68KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1486500850167.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
>>40697786
>>40697790
Thanks for the help and what also hypertrophy program would you recommend for a beginner such as myself to run,preferably without pull ups as they are my kryptonite but i don't mind doing them if there aren't any other options,the ones i've run across were quite advanced like the german volume training,i've heard about PPL but is that a good one to follow.
>>
>>40697820
bump
>>
>>40697820
Bench day throw in inclinendumb bells

The day you do OHP do some side laterals with 5/10lb dumb bells and throw in cable facepull for rear dealts

Throw in some core

And T-bar wide grip for upper back

Just what I would do if I could re run the program

Run it for 2-4 more months until progress is to a hault

Then switch
>>
>>40697891
Start the accessories lower than you think and try to feel what they target
>>
File: spane.jpg (62KB, 657x526px) Image search: [Google]
spane.jpg
62KB, 657x526px
>>40697891
Thanks a lot mate really appreciate it one question though when you say i should run incline dumbbells on the bench day do you mean incline flyes or curls or press or all three of them?
>>
>>40697932
>>40697891
and how many sets and reps?
>>
>>40697932
>>40697944
https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/main/popup/name/incline-dumbbell-press

Builds the upper chest which bench chest is weak for (IMO)

Shoulders id suggest high reps between 15-20
You want it to burn a lot between 15-20

But really sets and reps will depend on you, some people get different results

For shoulders I prefer higher rep ranges with higher sets

But use dumbe press instead of OHP to hit then hard

And for incline I started with linear progression like SL
It will be harder at first because it uses more stabilizing muscle s
>>
File: yoko.jpg (341KB, 1493x2000px) Image search: [Google]
yoko.jpg
341KB, 1493x2000px
>>40697959
Thanks a lot big guy will start doing this now,an optional question to answer is what do you recommend me to switch to after 2-4 months of this work out?
>>
>>40698019
Hopefully you can choose some random bro split if you like off bodybuilding
Eventually you'll start to learn your self more, seeing parts grow and adapt workouts to you and switch it up every so often
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.