[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you keep your anger when lifting? I stop feeling pissed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (223KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 720x1280px
How do you keep your anger when lifting? I stop feeling pissed about everything, and it makes my lifts weaker
>>
>>40696316
I'm really not an outwardly angry person and I keep my temper under control extremely and it takes a lot for me to have an outburst.

However all of that is just sitting and churning inside of me boiling and if I need some to help me with lifting I just think of things that have pissed me off.

My ex, the retards at work, etc. You just have to learn to latch on to something and never let it go until you don't need it anymore.
>>
Get angry at yourself for being too weak to finish a fucking set--for not being able to do that last rep.

Get angry, but don't get stupid--or at least have a good spotter.
>>
Nig remember that scene from x men origins where the prof x tells magneto to not get fueled by anger but get focused and then that bitch sees his mom and a candle and then moves a satellite dish?

Do that.

https://youtu.be/oHksDAB9vOo
>>
>>40696541
>>40696371
>>40696355
I appreciate the input from you guys, it's been bothering me since I've started lifting
>>
>>40696316
You don't need to get angry to lift heavy, my mind is always at peace when I'm at the gym, I'm calm and determined, my total is 640kg.
>>
File: 4567899876.png (517KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
4567899876.png
517KB, 600x401px
>>40696316
> asshole jew friend steals my gf
> terminate friendship and beat his ass up

This was 3 years ago, inspired me to get /fit/

> still mad so many years later
> use anger at gym every day
> anger starts to fade with time
> look at pictures of them together to get anger back
> do this every day for a week
> sunday, he fucking shows up at my gym
> haven't seem him in years, I've grown a lot (he hasn't)
> Am like 50 lbs heavier than last time we fought
> he can't even look me in the eye

Did I fucking summon him with my thinking?
I am gonna make it though, seeing his stupid face in MY gym
gives me the will to murder every fucking rep every day.
>>
>>40696316
Being calm or angry both work
>calm: focus on technique and give a perfect last 5 rep set on my 5RPM
>Angry: wreck the shit out of that last rep until i either die or gain glory
>>
Listen to aggressive music blasting Max volume into your ears, this would be one of these songs tha work for me
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tCOFuBzC8ME
>>
>>40696316
I don't get angry when I lift. Am I missing out? I'm happy when I lift.
>>
>>40696316
Go read the overman from Nietzche. Remember that while you lift. Be pissed and disgusted with what a weak piece of shit you are and try to become the overman.
>>
>>40698280
>to break your PR, you must abandon Christianity and become a superbeast beyond good and evil
This is a very red pill.
>>
>>40698153
betamax
>>
>>40696316
just lift the weight

you don't need to be mad to lift a weight
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.