[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on squats. What's are the benefits? Are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Red pill me on squats.

What's are the benefits?

Are they beneficial to do even without weights?

Will they increase leg size, ass size?

Yes, i could just Google this but you guys know more
>>
>>40689357
Without weights mostly useless for a man, might as well just go for a run.

They will increase leg and ass size, also thicken your core and make you stronger in most sports.

They are a good all-around strength builder, one of the best really because so much about "strength" and athleticism comes from legs->core.
>>
Boosts testosterone production through nervous system stimulation

Also as a compound, it builds strength in wide range of muscles throughout body.
>>
>>40689377
So you're saying do it with some weights. Maybe like Pepe is in the pic related
>>
File: plas.jpg (32KB, 480x360px)
plas.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>40689357

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6SJf1TcMks

>What's are the benefits?

gains obviously

>Are they beneficial to do even without weights?

as beneficial as doing pushups instead of bench press

>Will they increase leg size, ass size?Will they increase leg size, ass size?

yes

if you have muscle imbalances, tight muscles, bad form, or are an ego lifter - the squat will reveal all your weaknesses

also squats are the most intimidating exercise you can do in the gym

people are so afraid of squats, so since they cant do them (let alone with heavy weight) they gotta talk bad about the squat (just like every other thing in life - sour grapes)
>>
squats without weight is good for explosiveness and motor recruitment. Good for basically any sport that require you to use your feet,you got to rep it out though.

with weights they build core, and are v good at putting mass to the legs. No reason not to do them, they hit so many muscles not many exercises can rival it (only DL and power cleans)

Some drawbacks is the technique is tough to pin point without a coach, everyone is different biomechanically and has different imbalances. In the beginning it doesn't really matter but as soon as you touch around 2 plates (or 3 if you're fat obese mother fucker) you must address them ASAP.

It gets its king of all exercises for a reason. No exercise loads the spine like that, your body will be fighting rly hard to stay balanced. Increasing squats increases alot of your other lifts, it's a shame people neglect them, as soon as they realize that the hardest exercises (s, d, pc, pull ups, bp) with proper form are the best for mass the better their bodies will be. Yet they relapse to dumb simple exercises..
>>
>>40689357
builds strength and muscle mass in a huge number of muscle groups at the same time. just doing isolations won't have the same effect since you won't hit all the muscle groups unless you do a million exercises, you won't get the same massive stress (and thus adaptation) that the squat gives and you won't train your body to work the muscle groups simultaneously. bodybuilders often isolate the bigger muscles groups and that works if your goals is aesthetics, but for strength there's nothing better than squats.
no
>Will they increase leg size, ass size?
of course
>>
File: 1487013136924.gif (285KB, 500x371px)
1487013136924.gif
285KB, 500x371px
>>40689438
>not clean and jerking over 120kg to intimidate normies
>>
>>40689357
They are second only to deadlifts on boosting your testosterone levels, works many muscles at the same time (calves, quads, hamstrings, glutes, lower back and abs) and they give you the right mentality every trainer should have.
Also I found them to be useful to fight tfw no gf
I suggest you do them in the high bar form, and not the low bar form suggested by Rippletoe
>>
>>40689507
low bar is much easier to learn safely if you are a solo lifter, so I disagree.

if anon has never squatted before he will just be butt wink as fuck highbar.

Do frontsquats instead.
>>
File: 06b.jpg (24KB, 664x662px)
06b.jpg
24KB, 664x662px
>>40689507
>>40689384

>believing LE TEST BOOST MAY MAY xDDD

kill yourselves you dyel fags.
>>
File: IMG_3980.jpg (419KB, 642x722px)
IMG_3980.jpg
419KB, 642x722px
>>40689456
This. As a teenager I did everything leg related BUT squats. Quad machine, hamstring curls, glute machine (whatever it's called) and it took over an hour to do what 15 minutes in a squat rack could cover, not even accounting for hip aductors and abductors.

It's just a more efficient exercise in regards to time spent in the gym and ensures that no muscle group is far surpassing another because of the ease/preference of one isolation movement over another. When I first started squats, I had to perform them on such a low weight because I literally didn't know how to work all these movements at the same time under tension.

Want to actually have a decent lower body? Do your goddamn squats.
>>
>>40689357
Same as any lift

If that's all you can manage, sure. Otherwise no.

>Will they increase leg size, ass size?
Yes

Retarded questions you could just google, but made me reply. Sage.
>>
How long did it take everyone to perfect your form?
>>
>>40689968
Squatting 160kg after 1 year 2 months, still improving form
>>
>>40689644
Kys dyel post pic with timestamp
>>
Thanks anons, i will squat now for sure n the gym tomorrow.

>>40689438
Agreed. I'm always embarrassed doing them and try to get them done quick so no-one sees. Fucking hate this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.