[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got some question related to shoulder routines guys. 1. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I got some question related to shoulder routines guys.

1. Is military press/standing OHP/OHP always mandatory for a good shoulder routine, or can I replace with with dumbbell presses, or specifically arnold dumbbell presses?

2. Can I replace shoulder lateral raises with the machine equivalent? I feel like I cheat too much with the first.

Picture related is the machine.

I'm coming from months of mental breakdown and addiction to drugs and I lost 40 pounds, I solved my problems but I wanna lift again, I switched gyms and there's new shit here I've never seen (see point 2).

Your answer is very important to me. My main goal is to get swole, I already went past SS and I ended up concluding that I hate powerlifting programs because I get fat, I definitely get strong but I still look skinny fat.
>>
>>40683271
Read.the.sticky.
>>
DB presses are better for shoulders in my opinion. (heavy) standing OHP is all around better though because of how much it uses the rest of your body. If you already do a lot of isolations then just do DB presses. Arnolds have more ROM but if you do bench presses and front raises there really isnt any point to do them over normal db presses

if you cheat on your lateral raises do a leaning cable lateral raise. Start with your weaker arm and then your stronger one. Dont ego lift. Do the smallest weight if you need to and go slow on both the raise and the negative while flexing
>>
File: 1400467607102.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1400467607102.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>>40683297
I already fucking did, it doesn't answer my question, and arguably I've been here longer than you.

>>40683325
Thanks you senpai, I'd appreciate the advice from anyone else.

I think I'll just stick to no millitary press/standing OHP given that there are no benches for it in my gym, and I actually feel my shoulders getting worked more with dumbbell presses, specifically arnold presses.

To be more specific, I train:

>chest triceps
>back biceps
>shoulder traps
>leg days where I do deadlift

So I basically go to the gym 4 times a week, starting last week, after months of not going and losing 40 points.
>>
>>40683271
Do a bunch of OHP variations, but particularly barbell variations. Also fuck the machine shit, do NOT use them
>>
>>40683377
>I already fucking did, it doesn't answer my question, and arguably I've been here longer than you.
Not him, but it pretty much does though.
>do compounds
>use free weights
As for the OHP, I personally wouldn't substitute it with a dumbbell variant, but I've seen a lot of bigger guys who never OHP, so who am I to decide?
Find out what works for you, choose what you like doing more.
>>
>>40683271

If you are using proper posture and a lighter, it will be difficult to cheat too much on lat raises. Sitting on bench can help too.

I've found that doing lat raises before OHP will obliterate the side lats and has helped me get a lot wider in the shoulders. (Same applies to rear delts pre-exhaust).
>>
You can skip OHP if you're on juice, or don't care about shoulders.

If you want to skip on the most effective exercise, your physique will show it.
>>
>>40683377
>full body 1x/week
just do whatever the hell you want at that point. you're not gonna make it anyways desu
>>
>>40683377
Your gym doesn't have a squat rack?
>>
>>40684361
Are you actually mentally handicapped?
>>
>>40683377
I assume you mean there is no squat rack? Stop being a pussy and learn how to clean the weight up.
>>
I do sitting barbell shoulder press. You have to be on a high incline (not vertical), enough so you can press up and down without hitting your nose, or having to bring the bar forward to dodge your nose.

This is the absolute king shoulder exercise and I don't give a fuck if others disagree
>>
>>40683377
You cant go hard out balls to the wall with dumbbells over your head in case you drop them. Good to pre fatigue or be a normie, but if you want to be strong, go with the barbell and preferably a rack, although you can gently control it down to the ground or your lap if you fail
>>
>>40684403
Women's gyms generally don't
>>
>>40683271
Do whatever feels right for you.
Don't cheat yourself by going through the motions of a lift.
Do whatever exercise you feel the most in your shoulders, where you wanna feel it.
I have been lifting since the dawn of man and in 94% of my shoulder workouts now I only do dumbbell lateral raises.
Because they feel right.
For me.
But you seem like a weak newfag fucking retard that has to use drugs to deal with reality and then has a mental breakdown when he realizes that nothing is handed to him nobody is coming to save him, because you are a faggot.
Do whatever works for you.
Because nobody cares.
>>
>>40683377
Huh, I found your answer in the sticky. Odd.
>>
File: 1454561153333.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454561153333.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>40684031
>Also fuck the machine shit, do NOT use them
machines have their place m8. They give uniform resistance not found using weights. I use both weights and machines.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.