[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how fitness works. Can someone tell me why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1419387838690.jpg (64KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
1419387838690.jpg
64KB, 600x459px
I don't know how fitness works. Can someone tell me why sewing weights into an undershirt and pants then walking around like that wouldn't work? I'm thinking about 80 pounds. I want really strong legs, all I care about are strong legs.
>>
dude just eat fried food every day and become obese,
>>
File: Jgqmr.jpg (108KB, 600x480px)
Jgqmr.jpg
108KB, 600x480px
>I want really strong legs, all I care about are strong legs.
>>
>>40677414
this

why don't you make yourself feel better? mind over matter. mental fitness matters WAY more than physical fitness
>>
>>40677414
See I used to be pretty fat. Then I lost 80 pounds pretty quickly. Now I'm super light weight. For the first year and a half I felt like I could fly because my legs were used to carrying all that weight. It was the best feeling in the world. I miss it. I want it back.
>>
>>40677398
Of course it would work. You could go for a swim too
>>
>>40677398
>>40677398
>>40677456

here dude

i can respect that

http://www.roguefitness.com/bodyweight-gymnastics/weight-vests
i hope you find what your looking for.
>>
>>40677398
There's three types of muscle fibers. Two of them are for explosive strength which makes your muscles big. The other one is endurance strength which doesn't make your muscle big at all. Wearing weights like a weight vest or backpack would just lead to endurance gains, and if done for too long, probably wearing out your joints, which can fuck up your lower back, shoulders, and knees for the rest of your life.
>>
>>40677484
Thanks anon, I'll take a look.

>>40677495
See that's what I wanted to know about. If there were any risks to it. I assume it's fairly similar to just being overweight, but I guess the weight would be less evenly distributed. I probably wouldn't be doing proper work outs with it on, just my normal get-around. I really just want to get my legs accustomed to carrying a heavy load again because >>40677456
>>
>>40677539
Soooo anon, why not strengthen your legs with conventional weight training? You just lift weights until your legs are as strong as they used to be when you were fat, and that's it
>>
>>40677604
Of course, I was just considering this as an option and figured I might as well make a thread to ask if it was a thing people do.
Squats right? It's squats?
>>
File: rucking.jpg (74KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
rucking.jpg
74KB, 644x408px
>>40677539
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/top-fitness-trend
>In training camps and in the field, soldiers may ruck up to 25 miles (or more) a day, grunting a pack that weighs upwards of 200 pounds.

If you just want to be able to carry heavy load, you can do rucking, which is what Navy SEALs do. Get a backpack, start with 10% of your weight, and go for a walk or hike as long as you want. Slowly increment your weight.
>>
>>40677622
Actually you could also go somewhere where there's less gravity, like the Moon of Mars. Practically speaking, you'd weigh less but your muscle strength remaining constant you'd get that same feeling you could fly!
>>
>>40677640
Seems easy enough. Just fill up an old backpack with whatever and go on the walks I would anyway. Thanks friend.
>>
>>40677622
squats, diddys, calf extensions n shit are gonna be the most important but why not just work everything out and get in shape overall while you're at it? it's a great fucking feeling
>>
>>40677989
would absolutely anal your posture tho
>>
>>40677640
RIP your knees though
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.