[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First day at the gym : >Feels like a chore >Boring >Lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: enlightened.png (297KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
enlightened.png
297KB, 500x498px
First day at the gym :
>Feels like a chore
>Boring
>Lot of people
>Feel like i'm being watched and laughed at
>Wondering if i'm ever going to come back

Fast forward a few months after powering through :
>Lifting is fun
>Always looking for the next time i'm in the gym
>Seeing gains appear motivate the fuck outta me
>Start knowing people at the gym
>The last reps of the last sets give the best feeling in the world of struggle,pleasure and getting out of my comfort zone altogether

Damn bros,this shit isn't written anywhere on the internet but why didn't you tell me it would become addicting and fun like this ?

Also good feels thread
>>
THNX OP.

I'm trying to work up the courage to join a gym.
I wanted a 24 hour one so I could go at night but I'm having a hard time finding one.
My school gym is free for me but I can't imagine trying to escape skelley mode while surrounded by THAT many Staceys and Chads. A college gym must be a nightmare for an autist like me so I'm not sure but this thread seems like a push in the right direction.
>>
>>40664577
Nobody cares enough about you to bully you for trying to lift weights. Here is the reality:

Every thicc guy at the gym was once a lanklet or skinny fat DYEL at some point, and they were in your exact position. Never has anybody bigger than me done anything other than be respectful at the gym. Gym bully threads are not real life.
>>
>start lifting in college
>see high school friends for the first time in a few months
>two people mention that I look like I've been lifting

Feels pretty good, still only normie strong and not /fit/ strong but it's a start
Now to just figure out how to not be an autist around girls
>>
>>40664236

Hormonal secretions aside...

Humans love habits and routine. It feels good because you do it routinely. Beware of falling into a month hiatus, since staying on your ass will feel good while the gym won't. Keep making it.
>>
>>40664577
Either you work up the courage to be skinny for a year in a gym, or you work out the courage of being scared AND skinny for the rest of your life.

Choice seems easy to me.
>>
>>40664577
Unfortunately a college gym is probably going to be like you say, but like >>40664624 said, you have to realize anybody at the gym who's big got there because they worked at it. They all started somewhere and will recognize your effort just in being there and won't ostracize you for it.

Just don't be a dick or do meme exercises.
>>
>>40664624
i gotta disagree. gym bullies are real and usually they are insecure, because of their thinning hair and tribal tattoos. mr dyel lanklet fuccboi threatens them because of his perceived gf stealing potential.

not that i am either one of those.
>>
>>40665592
I've met 1 gym bully in my 8 different gyms. He was 40, bald, had flame tattoos, and was brown. Did only curls too and laughed at my 2-3 mins rest (did compound 5x5) times telling me I should go home rather than waste my time in the gym doing nothing.

Fuck that loser, be the bigger man.
>>
>>40665677
yeah, i'm brown, a lotta trump hats at my gym, but also black guys, asians, and brown people. i hate all of em equally because they're pretty bad when it comes to sharing the floor. either way, being 160 lbs, and only 6 months back into lifting, there are people that don't like seeing me struggle or even breathing their air. sometimes people don't want to be threatened by a person secure in their own body when they perceive it to be inferior (due to size) and so that sort of body dysphoria or dissonance shocks them into aggressive body language as a coping mechanism.

also, psyche major over here lol.
>>
>>40666236
you gave me aids with your post, Please, for the sake of us all never make another post like this on the internet again. You collosal faggot.
>>
>>40666236
I forgot to mention that the "browns" are actually natives, and natives here have history with substance abuse, low education ---> violent behavior. It made sense in my head but it may be confusing for other people on an international albanian macaroni-necklace crafting forum.

It's a common occurence to be insulted and shouted at by crazy drunk natives around here, so I meant it as another reason to not pay him attention.
>>
>>40664624
This. I'm 12% bf and bench 120kg for working sets now. When I started I was 30% bf and could probably bench 50kg 1RM. Couldn't do a pull up or a tricep dip.

I have never been treated at any time with anything other than respect and decency at the gym. Especially from the bigger guys. I find the bigger a guy is the more secure he is. I can't imagine finding anyone who would bully a novice lifter. If I saw it at my gym I'd 100% step in.

It's weird for me to think that if I'd seen me now when I first started going to the gym I'd have been intimidated. But I'd have no reason to be.

We all started somewhere. If you're skinny or fat I respect anyone who's made the effort to go to the gym and start lifting and getting in shape.
>>
>>40666708
Also I started training in a gym full of guys who were on roids, bouncers, tradesmen, some semi criminal, all benching massive weights.

Never once had a problem. And I was a 160lb skinny fat fucker when I started.
>>
>>40664577
You'll find nothing but the nicest people at the gym.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.