[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfag to lifting here How am I supposed to make any progress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1471304539590.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471304539590.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
Newfag to lifting here

How am I supposed to make any progress if I still have DOMS 4 days after a workout?
>>
Eat more, sleep more and lift more.
>>
Keep lifting your body will get used to it after a week. If it doesn't your lifting too heavy. Also eat more.
>>
>>40652970
I still work out but I do light weight and warm up well. Eventually you won't get doms that severe
>>
If you go workout you wont be sore anymore.
>>
>>40652970
don't go so heavy if you're new to the exercise or even using the muscle. lift to 70% of failure for a few weeks then step it up
>>
not op but recently starting doing squats with almost twice the weight

legs have recovered except in side of my legs are extremely sore(injury type sore not dom) where hip flexers are? like on the side of cock

:/

what isthis
>>
>>40652999
You fool. Gotta ramp up slowly on squats. Form matters more than weight
>>
File: hip-flexor-injury.jpg (5KB, 163x229px) Image search: [Google]
hip-flexor-injury.jpg
5KB, 163x229px
>>40653006
my form was really good though!

pic related. what do? rest for agez?
>>
>>40653012
Stretch that shit. Foam roll. I get that too
>>
Eat more, drink more (water) and rest more.

Try to go for a walk / run at some point during the day.

Eventually DOMS will become less and less of an issue, but you should always have a bit of muscle soreness after exercising with weights.

Be careful not to over do it, there's a bit difference between muscle tenderness and pain in ligaments etc..
>>
>>40653012
how to stretch inside of there?
>>
>>40652999

Those are your hip muscles; the problem could be one or both of the following: flexibility, muscular strength/endurance

Just stretch out after a warm up and before a workout and make sure that all of your movements are controlled and deliberate.
>>
>>40653307

start in a lunge position with your right knee on the floor and your left leg forward; push with the ball of your right foot and you should feel it in your right hip flexor; switch and stretch the left
>>
>>40652975
fpbp
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.