[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm out of protein powder and poor. What is the absolute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: temp5.png (90KB, 346x221px) Image search: [Google]
temp5.png
90KB, 346x221px
I'm out of protein powder and poor.
What is the absolute cheapest protein powder that I can buy? Usually buy gold standard but that shit is too expensive.
>>
>>40643521
I'm on the same boat. Also, what makes pic related so famous?
>>
>>40643521
pls these has got to be some cheap protein you niggas know about.
>>
Just eat chicken you fucking retard
>>
File: erbench.jpg (22KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
erbench.jpg
22KB, 640x426px
>>40643521

I hear Six Star Muscle from Wal-Mart is pretty good. That lab testing place (run by Myprotein, I think) said it was really good stuff for the $$$, and not full of Myodextrins like Mutant stuff.

>check it and see
>>
just after workout get protein shake from the gym you are at. I pay 1,25$ for shake (in Bulgaria at least)
>>
>>40643521
myprotein unflavored 2.2 lbs, is ~16 USD.
11 lbs is 60 USD
2.2lbs of iso is 22. 8.8 lbs is 65 USD.

Price goes up with flavors, unflavored is cheapest. Sale ends tomorrow at midnight.
>>
If you go on eBay, you can buy a 6lb jug of Nitrotech whey gold for $55 with free shipping. 83 servings for decent quality protein. I just grabbed the chocolate flavor
>>
>>40644211
Mixes really well too. Like 30g per scoop. Two scoops in a blender bottle w/ water goes down easy.
>>
>>40643521
Eat cottage cheese instead.
>>
>>40644952
Yucky.
>>
>>40644952
>60 calories w/ grams protein
Fuck off and kys.
>>
>>40644530
Thanks, man.
This actually helps a lot
>>
>>40643521
chicken breast is actually quite cheap for price/ gram protein
>>
>>40644211
>I hear Six Star Muscle from Wal-Mart is pretty good.
You heard wrong...or I'm thinking of body fortress, but one of the proteins at walmart is awful.
I usually go with pure protein plus
>>
>>40643601
Marketing partially.
But it really is gold standard. Great calorie to protein ratio, taste good, and the macros are proven (not made-up bullshit).
>>
>>40645165
You're probably thinking of body fortress. I got the six star muscle, its bretty good
>>
>>40645143
In the states maybe.

In Canada, fuck this, especially during the first 3 months of the year where they jack prices in groceries then go "Oh the average salary didn't get a 14% raise? Guess that raise on beef was miscalculated then".

I resort to whey because a decent chicken breast will cost me $3-4, on sale. It goes up to 7-8 bucks a breast while not on sale. That'd be around 100 bucks a week solely for chicken breasts.
>>
>>40644192
DYEL detected..

Myprotein, they're around the same price (if not a tiny bit more) then the cheapest stuff you'll find, but very good quality, also they're ALWAYS doing discounts and deals etc
>>
Buy cans of sardines; 25g protein per can for 40p each. Also some good essential fats. Low mercury content as they are not predators.
>>
>>40646293
How to eat sardines.

What about that sodium content.
>>
>>40644474
That adds up. Awful idea.
>>
>>40646310
Bulgaria isn't poor for nothing.
>>
>>40643521
Tuna, rice, beans
>>
>>40646283
A 4kg box of frozen breasts is like 30$ at superstore
>>
>>40643521
Powdered eggwhites by myprotein. Nothing aside from milk costs less when looking at g of protein per dollar but milk is also carbs and fat, while powdered eggwhites are almost pure protein.
>>
>>40643601
This has a fairly good reputation because they don't bullshit and it tastes noice.

I'd recommend it 10/10 times.
>>
>>40643601
It's pretty good. Cookies and cream casein ftw.
>>
>>40646304
drink a liter or two of water
you should be staying hydrated anyways
>>
I just bought muscle pharm for $32 for 4 lbs. It was an okay price. Best deal I have got was 10 lbs for $70.
>>
>>40643521
body fortress whey. its like $20 and has 30g protein per scoop
>>
File: cia 4.jpg (25KB, 706x382px) Image search: [Google]
cia 4.jpg
25KB, 706x382px
>tfw unflavored whey isolate

$8 / lb at my local store, have to plug my nose while I slam down a scoop mixed with water
>>
When people compare prices it should really be done by grams of protein per dollar.
>>
How reliable is MyProtein labelling?
>>
>>40643601
Because it is one of the legitimately proven brand that is not juices up with aminos.

Also, clever marketing.
>>
>>40646283
Dude what are you saying.

Breasts are like 10 canadian dollars/kg in walmart (note: i live in vancouver where everything is expensive)

Im sure in the shittier states you can buy frozen ones like CA$6/kg
>>
>>40646304
Buy the ones that are in tomato sauce, open the can and dig in with a fork
>>
>>40644530

bought the 11 pounds on sale for like 35$ or something
>>
>>40646831
Add something to it ffs you dense retard.
>>
>>40647069
Are you talking about the frozen ones? I also have a 15% tax over here.
>>
>>40646831
>have to plug my nose while I slam down a scoop mixed with water
I used to do that and it's shit. I use milk now and it's way better.
If you don't like the taste of milk add some cocoa powder.
Thank me later.
>>
>>40643521
>>40643601
>>40647037
dumb fucks. when "protein replacement" is more expensive than actual fucking real protein (chicken breasts, lower grade cuts of beef etc) then you aren't buying "proven" anything, you're just buying into marketing bullshit like the sheep you are.
>>
>>40647208
Of course it's more expensive. It's a niche market.
>>
>>40647208
If it's 11 pm and I still need 40 grams of protein, I''m not gonna cook fucking chicken.
>>
>>40647208
It depends.
If you buy high protein food regularly and have a habit of eating said food then whey protein might be a marketing ploy to you.
But if you're like me and you can't get your daily intake of protein from food alone, at least most of the time, then whey is the way to go. Plus if you get a flavored one, like chocolate, it's pretty much a replacement for desserts, which I crave almost every day since I started cutting.
>>
>>40647190
>drinking milk on a cut
No thanks.
>>
Just eat kangaroo m8
>>
>>40647694
what are the stats
>>
>>40647888
http://gourmetgame.com.au/nutrition/nutritional-facts/
>>
>>40646364
That's like spending $30 on a 1250g bag. You can get far more protein powder for the same amount.
>>
Eat Chicken
>>
>>40647675
Lel are you 90lbs?
>>
Shill posting should be a perma-ban offense if it isn't already.

Fuck these threads.
>>
>>40647185
Not that anon, but no they're fresh.

$10 for 1kg, comes in packs of 5 breasts.
I live on Vancouver Island and always see them at walmart for that price. Best price I've been able to find for fresh. Fuck frozen, that shits garbage
>>
>>40646289
It may have more but it tastes like utter shit
>>
>>40648452
Shit I might have to go to Walmart or look at Costco, I thought they were all frozen and I can't eat frozen breasts since that time I cooked one and the center was crunchy and unchewable. I don't trust those "made by 31% chicken protein" pieces of poop.
>>
>>40646670
yea but how many servings. the lbs literally do not matter... at all. its the amount of protein per serving and the amount of servings.
>>
>>40649019
guys seriously. is everyone retarded. Its all about how many servings you're getting. woo hoo if you buy a 5lb tub of protein for $30 if it only has like 30 servings. People like Gold Standard because it's reliable. You're getting about 120 calories per serving plus its a whey isolate. Depending on flavor, they range from 68-73 servings... if you're drinking 1 a day. If you're taking one a day, that more than 2 months of protein. if you take 2 a day like myself, its still over a month of protein.
>>
>>40648402
If I weighed 90lbs I'd be perma bulking.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.