[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a fat lazy sack of shit? My body is willing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1488992964945.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1488992964945.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
How do I stop being a fat lazy sack of shit?

My body is willing, but my mind resists
>>
my life, bump
>>
purpose
goals
>>
OP, as another anon said, goal setting is the single most important thing you can do. Write them down and make sure that they're specific and quantitative (measurable). Make sure they're things you actually want because if they're not, you'll just resist it more. It's tough, but take 20 minutes, sit down and put ideas on actual paper and hang it in your room, on the fridge, etc. somewhere you'll see it. Think about it every day when you get up.

If you're ever feeling indifferent or want to take a shortcut, remember your goals.
>>
>>40629898
I have the opposite when it comes to the gym
My mind is willing, but the body is overtrained/fatigued

Fuck cutting
>>
>>40629898
its hard to get started when you don't know what success tastes like.

Honestly, just do it for a couple of weeks and you will feel a change. Even if there is not a actual measurable significant change, just the feeling itself is enough to make you addicted to the feeling of some kind of progress/success.

Good luck
>>
>>40629898
“These, and many other commonly observed phenomena tend to show that it requires a minimum of about 21 days for an old mental image to dissolve and a new one to jell.”

Simple, do it for a month no matter what. no excuses no missed workouts nothing. afterwards you can decide where you go from there but for a single month of your miserable life commit to something and FUCKING DO IT. simple as that, it might be hell at the start but you have a clear goal in mind to simply make it for a single month that is not too much to ask.

after that month it should be an embedded habit and you will feel empty without it, it has become part of who you are. We actually work pretty straight forward humans fucking LOVE repetition and adapt to fucking anything.

Your mind doesnt want you to do something hard so in order to tell your mind that it is part of life now you have to start doing it and keep doing it consistently for atleast 21 days. that is the threshold where your mind decides it is a constant and doesnt want to tell you that it's a bad idea anymore.
>>
>>40630404
Similar problem for me kinda, got a new job and dont have an apartment yet so I have to drive quite a long way every day. my back is so fatigued after sitting in a car and at work all day that I literally cant DL without risking an injury. Well I just cut down on the DL volume and only do it once a week on the weekend when I dont have to drive and will focus on my bench more since that doesnt seem to be affected.

just gotta adapt I guess.
>>
>>40631025
also forgot to add that 21 days is the minimum time to build a habit. it is usually around somewhere between 1-2 months but can be as long as 8 months depending on circumstances and how hard a certain task is.

for the gym I would say it isnt really that hard to do so 1-2 months is probably a good estimate.
>>
>>40629898
disciprine
>>
>>40630216
lulz thats the problem, these guys dont have the critical
thinking skills to formulate a goal that matters
>>
If I threaten to rob, rape or kill you, which is worse? Well you only get one life but you can regrow a wallet and a butthole.

If you can't find motivation to improve the most precious commodity you have. You need to commit suicide.

Its not anyone else's concern to motivate you. When your parents die, what will they leave?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.