[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /rice cooker/ here? I don't own one myself but I always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Who /rice cooker/ here?

I don't own one myself but I always see the asian exchange students using them to cook their rice in the dorm's kitchen. It looks pretty neat and easy to make rice with

What do you think? Is it worth getting one? Cooking rice yourself is such a hassle and I'm so lazy. these things look convenient: add water, add rice, press button, there you go, perfectly cooked rice
>>
>>40624212
>add water, add rice, press button, there you go, perfectly cooked rice
How is that different than making rice yourself? Don't buy into the commercial appliance meme. Save your money. Or don't, tard
>>
It's awesome, my roommate owns one, never thought I'd use it but I use it every week to cook up my rice for my work lunches.

You don't have to constantly stir the rice or turn off the stove, you just load it up and it cooks without you worrying
>>
>>40624212
I use a cheap one, got it for less than 30 dollars. It's great because I can turn it on in the morning and come back at night and food is cooked. It can also heat up cold food, and I hear the more expensive ones can even double as a slow cooker.
>>
>>40624362
Great for meal prep. Anyone else do it?
>>
I never cooked rice until I bought a rice cooker.
I use it for black and wild rice, works real nice.
>>
>>40624212
lmfao you can do the same in a pot on the stove. they're better if you have a small stove like a lot of asian kitchens
>>
>>40624617
Every asian in America ever, including my brown ass
>>
>>40624212
It's the best, super handy for mealprep and very easy to portion.

Get one that won't burn the rice on the bottom and makes a loud enough noise when it finishes cooking.

Pref get one that can do different settings for white/brown rice or other foods. You can steam vegetables and cook food in good cookers too.

Don't go cheap, nobody likes burned food, faulty timers, or (given how often a meal prepper uses it) a broken cooker.
>>
>>40624212
I always do the stove thing but can anyone recommend a brand if I was in the market for one?
>>
>>40624864
Ask your Asian friends they always have the best.
>>
>>40624864
I have the one with the cute little tiger logo on it
t. master race with over 20 years of experience in eating rice
>>
>>40624212
It'll make the best rice you've ever had but it sucks absolute dick to clean. And make sure you clean it or else the mold will set in fast
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.