[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doc seems to think I slipped a disc in my back because I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1482038762619.png (1MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1482038762619.png
1MB, 1632x1224px
Doc seems to think I slipped a disc in my back because I've been in some incredible pain in my lumbar lately. I'm about to do an xray right now and will be getting an MRI soon. What does this mean for my lifting career? I'm already weak and look like shit. I had a shoulder surgery last year too. Why does this keep happening to me? I just want to be strong and look good guys. What the fuck
>>
>>40620970
Bump
>>
Maybe you could switch to swimming? Cardio helps with depression and stress.
>>
>>40620970
I guess you want it to much, anon. lose the obsession with your looks and lifts. do the sport because it genuinely makes you happy.
also: correct form, slow but steady progression.
>>
>>40620970

>>40621506
forgot some essential points

also: mobility work and stretching
>>
OP, I just fucked my back up too. It's been about two weeks and it still hurts. Funnily enough, it was OHP that fucked me and not deadlifts or some shit.

Guess I better get my ass to the doc
>>
>>40621506
I do it for how it makes me feel, not how others see me you know?
>>
>>40620970
I did a lot of sport as a kid and slipped disks in my back all the time it was extremely painful but once it heals there shouldn't be anything left over. I have a little bit of general back pain as an adult but it doesn't affect my lifting or life i don't know if it was because of all the trouble i had as a kid or because i do a physical job.
>>
>>40621666
Like actual slipped discs? Mri showed and all?
>>
>>40621740
No
>>
>>40620970
Slipped my L2 disc from repeatedly throwing myself at the ground during martial arts. I was a weak ass skelly at the time so all the force just went to my bones and over time I think I fucked my shit up.
>couldn't lift more than 2 kg off the floor using my back
>left knee pops on every squat
>left ribs pop on every OHP
>woke up every morning with lower back pain

I managed to build some of my strength in my lower back again by doing slow high rep (+30) dumbell deadlifts. Started with 1 kg dumbells and worked my way up from that. Now I can do around 50 kg deadlifts with a barbell. My back pain is now mostly gone and only becomes an issue when I stress it too much.

tl;dr you probably can't be a competitive lifter but very slow and light lifting might do good for your back pain, it helped me
>>
>>40622222
You didn't want the surgery?
>>
I'm just trying to better myself. Why does this have to happen to me?
>>
>>40621740
Do you understand that a slipped disk is just a term they use, nothing has actually moved it is just an inflammation.
>>
>>40623213
Are you serious?
>>
>>40620970
I herniated a disk and was basically in bed for all of 3 months, I now have some limitations but hit a 425 deadlift recently
>>
>>40622389
I was complaining about lower back pain to my GP for 4 years and she kept brushing it off as stress or lack of physical exercise until I went and took an MRI of it. It was tempting to immediately go for surgery, but it would cost a lot, might not work, make me fall behind in my studies, and I generally want to avoid people poking around inside me unless it's absolutely necessary.

It also gave me a perfect excuse to start lifting, which resulted in me being in the best physical condition in my life. I don't think I would have started lifting if I took the surgery.
>>
>>40623242
Surgeries suck dude. What if I'm in school?
>>
>>40624230
Then you drop out
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.