[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP ME I HAVE A STRONG WILL TO ACHIEVE 20 PULL UPS WITH GOOD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: YOU FUCKS!!.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
YOU FUCKS!!.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
HELP ME
I HAVE A STRONG WILL TO ACHIEVE 20 PULL UPS WITH GOOD FORM AND I'VE BEEN WORKING TOWARDS THE GOAL BUT PROGRESS HAS BEEN SO FUCKING SLOW, I'VE BEEN DOING THE ARMSTRONG PULL UP PROGRAM FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS NEVER SKIPPING A SINGLE WORKOUT DAY AND MY PULL UPS ONLY INCREASED BY 1 REP. WHEN I STARTED I WAS ABLE TO DO 11 PULL UPS NOW I CAN DO 12 ALMOST 13 IN ONE SET . I AM 6'1 180 LBS WHY IS PROGRESS SO SLOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IF I LOSE WEIGHT WILL MY PULL UPS INCREASE OR WILL I GET WEAKER HELP HELP HELP HELP
>>
>>40610451

Pull ups are an athletic movement, so progress is slow, deal with it

It isn't something done for egolifting like deadlifts or squats where you can do higher numbers easily just getting more fatter or eating more, pull ups require fine tuning, muscular balance and perfect technique, and really good scapula muscle-mind connection

That being said, you could try with weighted pull ups for a time if you have been stalling, and then going back with bodyweight

You could do a max effort day with weighted pull ups (working to a top set of 3 reps) then several exercises that help with your pull up (typewritters, australian rows, whatever)

A dynamic effort day to recover from the max effort day, with bodyweight pull ups done explosively for 2-3 reps for 12 sets

And a Volume day with bodyweight or weighted pull ups in a 10x10 fashion or something like that

Monday Wed Friday
>>
>>40610451
>IF I LOSE WEIGHT WILL MY PULL UPS INCREASE OR WILL I GET WEAKER HELP HELP HELP HELP

if you keep doing pull-ups while losing overall weight they'll shoot up you'll feel light as a feather, it's ridiculous. Talking from experience.
>>
>>40610512
>10 x 10
that's not happening after a max effort set of 12 reps i get a pump and the next set i end up doing 5 reps maybe 6 if i'm feeling good. i've read that doing weighted pull ups will make you better at weighted pull ups and doesn't really correlate to high rep bodyweight pull ups which demand a lot of endurance.
>>
>>40610541
are you srs, i'm thinking about dropping weight but i was paranoid that if i do my pull ups will decrease and my hard work trying to increase pull ups will have gone to waste.
>>
>>40610554
>i've read that doing weighted pull ups will make you better at weighted pull ups and doesn't really correlate to high rep bodyweight pull ups which demand a lot of endurance

That's bullshit, that only happens if you train max strength with weighted pull ups without doing bodyweight, if you do like i putted it, you will build hyperthrophy and endurance from volume day, explosiveness from dynamic effort and strength from max effort and those three will help each other

>that's not happening after a max effort set of 12 reps i get a pump and the next set i end up doing 5 reps maybe 6 if i'm feeling good.

You need to do more sets then, if you can't do 10x10, then do 8x8 or something like that, volume is the key for progress, then you taper that strength in max effort days and use that for the next volume day
>>
>>40610583
yeah, real. I had a leg injury which fucked me for some months so I had stopped doing leg exercises, they atrophied and my pull-ups skyrocket.
I'm fine now, got the weight back and pull-ups are hard as usual.
>>
>>40610607

I forgot, dynamic effort means doing 3 reps but every rep explosively, trying to get higher and faster, you should jump from the bar a little while doing it

After max effort or dynamic effort you can still do some reps if you feel like it but it will be nowhere the volume you would do in volume day
>>
>>40610607
for the max effort strength days how many sets should i do, when should i do the volume days and when should i do the strength day. should i do the strength day once out of the mon wed fri when to increase the weight. so many questions
>>
>>40610451
>6'1
>180lbs
Dude what the fuck is wrong with your body?
I was that exact same size chubby, chainsmoking and drinking heavily a few years ago and I could still do 30 straight in the middle of a routine???
>>
>>40610772
yeahhhhhhhhh that's bullshit, weak bait
>>
>>40610772
No you couldn't. Half-pullups are for faggots.
>>
>>40610655

Max effort monday
Dynamic wed
volume frid

Max effort 8-12 sets working up, a couple sets 5 reps bodyweight, 4 reps with more weight, 3 reps more weight... 2 reps... a couple sets with 2 reps... You should have 15-25 total pull ups

You will probably hit some PR getting more weight week after week, increase conservatively

Then you do repetitions to build the pull ups, you can either use chin ups or neutral grip pull ups for 8 reps for a total of 30 reps, or something like that, use a variation easier than pull ups, those sets will be easier because your CNS will be fired up because of the strength sets

Dynamic effort is like a recovery day, you should do the explosive pull ups and then some chin ups bodyweight ones for hyperthrophy if you feel like it, but nothing too hard, here you go by feeling

Volume is kicking your ass and doing lots, you should be sore and have a sick pump, the kind of workout that makes you say "damn im swole" the next day you see yourself in the mirror
>>
>>40610790
Yeah, that's why I was doing full extension and rise bromingo.
>>40610788
Hardly bait gayboi, you have to be one weak son of a bitch to not be able to do more than 20.
>>
>>40610839
more than half of the world's population can't do 20 full range of motion pull ups with good form retard
>>
>>40610815

For more info search concurrent periodization
>>
>>40610877
Damn I guess over half of the world's population has shit genetics. You should try fucking my sister to get in on this gene pool homie you're fucking up.
>>
>>40610554
If you're losing strength after the first set you need way more volume. Do 10 x 10, start with like 5 min between sets, and every 2nd week decrease time between sets by 30 seconds. In like 3-4 months you should be able to do 35-40 in a row.
>>
>>40610911

20 pullups in a single set is a score of 100 in the USMC PFT, and you only need a 225 for a 1st class score. Splitting the rest, you'd only need 24:10 for your 3 mile run and 63 crunches in 2 minutes

I'd guess most of /fit/ can't do one honest non-kipping pullup. I 'm happy doing sets of 6-7, but then again I do them right after DL so my back is already fried & pumped
>>
Pull ups take time to get right, anon. 20 with strict form is great feat and will require work.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.