[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>diddly 140kgx5 >OHP 47.5kg x5 >squat 87.5kg x5 >bench

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1757.jpg (98KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1757.jpg
98KB, 480x640px
>diddly 140kgx5
>OHP 47.5kg x5
>squat 87.5kg x5
>bench 72.5kg x5
>can't do 1 complete pull-up
Seriously what the fuck
I'm 87kg I should be able to do at least 1
Is it because I'm 6'3"?
>>
how can you PULL 140 kg for 5 and can't do a single pullup or a chinup? bullshit.
>>
>>40606479
It's because you're weak.
>>
>that terrible squat
>>
>>40606491
140 kg isn't very much though. Deadlifts are a hip extension movement. They really have very little to do with pull ups.
>>
>>40606479
My lifts are weak as fuck and I am DYEL as fuck but even I can manage a couple of strict pull ups.
>>
>>40606503
:( I've only been lifting for 3 months now
>>
>>40606558
it just seems like it should be higher, considering your other lifts.
>>
>>40606479
Wtf. My ohp, deadlift and bench are almost identical to yours but I squat 3pl8 and can do ~6 pull ups
>>
>>40606479
At least your squat isn't less than your bench.
>>
My lifts are all shittier than yours (150lbs and lifting for 3 months as well) and I can do 10 strict pullups. I do them twice a week.
>>
>>40606952
Do you have any tips on how to get into them? I started using a resistance band for resistance today, is this a good idea?
>>
>>40607028
start with negatives then progress to assisted and after that you should be able to do at least one normal
>>
I'm like you OP, same height, similar weights. It's probably because of the bodyfat, try leaning down a bit
>>
>mfw have been able to do 20+ clean pull ups even before starting lifting
>not even a manlet
>weight 90kg
>>
>>40607028
i did assisted the first month in sets of 8 then when i got to high sets at the lowest assistance (10lbs) I stitched to standard pull ups
>>
>>40606508
It's only more than what 90% of people can lift tho
>>
Can't do a pull up? You're one of the following.
Weak
Fat
Hurt
>>
>>40606479
Use your legs to generate momentum and get yourself up the bar. That's what the guys at my gym do.
>>
squat: 120kgx5
deadlift: 100kgx5

what am i doing wrong? And my squat form is at least as good as my diddy form, if not better.
>>
DO HEAVY ROWS AND LAT PULLDOWNS CUNT
>>
>>40606479
How much do you row or lat-pulldown?
>>
>>40606479
>I should be able to do at least 1

what makes you think that?

if you can't do a pullup, then try to progress on partials and/or negatives and/or assisted pullups until you can. you know, just like you would do with any other lift.
>>
>>40606580
yeah i thought the same
>>
>>40608524
Thats as gay as guys trying to curl with momentum
>>
>>40606558
REEEEEEEE

I've been lifting for 4 and my squats tanked at 82kg

AND MY BENCH IS 46KG

AND MY DL IS 100KG

HOW WHY WHY HOW
>>
>>40608732
>>40606580
I'm not too sure, I was only eating at maintenance for 2 months and so my lifts didn't go up as much as I think they could have, although I've added 10kg to my squat in the last 2 weeks after eating more so hopefully it shoots up now
>>40608716
I just assumed I should based on my other lifts, although maybe I shouldn't assume that
>>40608706
60kg with good form 70kg with slight (read: very slight) momentum
>>
>>40608886
Honestly my diet is almost fucking perfect. I'm not trying to show off, I used to be nearly obese and lost 20kg using MyFitnessPal, now I track all my calories and macros like an autistic child, take a running average of my weight to make sure I'm gaining at the correct weight, and take a multivitamin and creatine daily. I also sleep 8 hours a day. Honestly I would make sure that you
>try sleeping
>try eating (properly)
>failing those, try trying
Good luck anon, don't give up
>>
>>40606491
i was deadlifting 405 way before i could do a pullup or chinup
>>
>>40608935
>rows 60kg
>weighs 87kg
>guise why can't I do a pull-up
>>
>>40609035
Sorry if I'm mistaken, but the row seems like a completely different movement to the pull-up? I can rep out 77kg x12 on the seated row as well.
>>
>>40609087
Not the same anon, Rows uses similar muscles IIRC.

Although, my row is SHIT (like 50kg at most) and I can do like 2-3 pullups.
>>
>>40609087
A row works the same muscles as a pull-up.
Depending on form the emphasis may be different: elbows close to body for more lat emphasis, elbows out for more mid-back work.

Although you can usually pull-down/pull-up a bit more than you can row because of the less stable nature of a barbell row.

But if you can row 77kg for 12 then you should be able to do a couple pull-ups at 87kg BW.
>>
>>40609130
>IIRC
It works the same muscles, the emphasis is a bit different - but the carry-over is big. Although a lot of people have shit row numbers because of poor technique or weak core/tight hams.
>>
>>40609087
rows have much more in common with pullups than deadlifts.

see what your humerus and scapulae are doing when you row and do pullups - angle is different but mostly the same muscles contract.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.