[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I accurately count calories? It sounds simple enough,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: caloriess.jpg (290KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
caloriess.jpg
290KB, 1000x667px
How do I accurately count calories?
It sounds simple enough, until you realize you have to measure every single drop of cooking oil, weigh every gram of protein powder, every grain of seasoning, and you can pretty much never eat out. and if you have a plate full of food, you have to eat all of it, because you already calculated all the calories on the plate.

are there any secret protips to mastering the art of counting calories efficiently and without fail?
>>
>It sounds simple enough, until you realize you have to measure every single drop of cooking oil, weigh every gram of protein powder, every grain of seasoning, and you can pretty much never eat out. and if you have a plate full of food, you have to eat all of it, because you already calculated all the calories on the plate.

none of that is true. you're not an olympic level athlete, you're a skinnyfat beginner doing starting strength.

>weighing seasoning

kys.
>>
buy a kitchen weight (they count grams and you can reset after each thing you add), and ballpark for the minor stuff.
>>
>>40606275

A little electronic scale and a good set of volume measures is all you need, friend.

After a bunch of practice you get pretty good at it.

Eating out is pretty easy if you head to popular restos, and if you do it rarely, you can get pretty damned close estimates on what you had if you want actual good resto food.
>>
>>40606275
use my fitness pal. on the hard stuff like condiments and minor cooking ingredients, just get as close as you can and then estimate on the high side if you have to round up or guess.
>>
>>40606275

Buy measuring cups, a kitchen scale, and download myfitnesspal. Shit's easy bro
>>
>>40606275
Seasoning is so minor you can ignore. Protein powder comes with a scoop to accurately measure. Pint glasses are two cups worth of liquid about. Everything else, get measuring cups, spoons, and a food scale for like 8 bucks. Becomes routine after a while and you get so good at it you can eyeball portions without the scale.

Like learning anything, it takes time and patience.
>>
>counting calories
never EVER gonna make it
>>
You realize you can write that shit down, so you only have to do that once, assuming you care that much.
Same goes for eating out: most places list their nutrition facts either online or off, for your convenience; write it down somewhere for future refereference.
And yeah, as other anon mentioned, you're just a dudebro. Assuming you read the sticky, you should know you have roughly 200-400 calories of wiggle room a day.
>>
I wish I could go back to before I started weighting everything.
Now I'm OCD as fuck about it.
>>
>>40606275
Consistency. And focus on the calorie dense stuff. So pay attention to the oil, measure your protein powder... But then if you use the same amounts every time it's easy.
>>
>>40606382
>count your calories or you'll never make it
>dude you have 400 calories of wiggle room lmao
yeah, no
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.