[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to lose weight and then bulk up or try and build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160724_220107.jpg (684KB, 1534x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160724_220107.jpg
684KB, 1534x2048px
Is it better to lose weight and then bulk up or try and build muscle and burn fat at the same time?

5 foot 10 and 240 lbs in November. Currently 209. Was going to gym and dieting, lifting and running. I hurt my back this past month at work so stuck to dieting and I lost weight a lot faster.

I was hoping to build muscle so when I burned my fat I didn't look like a little bitch. What's the best course of action? Is what I want even doable for a newbie?
>>
I'd honestly be happier with that body and that hair than what I have now.
>>
>>40604336
that guy has literally no muscle so you'd be good with just cutting, i've seen long distance runners bigger than that lol
>>
>>40604368
>>40604336

is this some sort of new forced meme? literally not funny at all
>>
>>40604359
Well that's not really Op, he was pretending to be me. I'd be happy just being fit and I can add muscle later.

I'm just scared of going full wimp mode and making it harder to lift
>>
Personally I'm all for a well adjusted long term diet with lifts + cardio, but you get shit on for saying that around here.
They prefer muh keto and muh intermittent fasting, I'm not saying they're bad, but they're temporary and you won't fix your lifestyle.
>>
>>40604336
>>40604368
This guy has been shitposting that pic on every thread, ignore him.
>>
>>40604418
What's the quicker though? When I was going to gym I couldn't lose more than 2lbs a week.

On my current diet in the past injury month I can lose close to a pound a day without gym or any exercise
>>
>>40604457
>When I was going to gym I couldn't lose more than 2lbs a week
Thing is, that's exactly what you would want to be stable and KEEP your weight.
But if going quicker is necessary, you answered your own question: stick to the diet and cardio. Once you feel good, go lift again and gain muscle from there.
But I repeat, a good diet is most important.
>>
>>40604478
Okay, my diet is pretty clean. I'm just very impatient, want to look good before summer.

At 209 I still need to lose another 30 lbs which is a lot.
>>
>>40604488
Just be consistent and you'll get there in no time, good luck anon.
>>
>>40604466
prolly roided, back then it was legal
>>
>>40604380
>new forced meme
My god. Is it summer already?
>>
>>40604327
If you're around 20%BF then recomp. Chances are you'll go down to around 15% by the time you max out your noob gains.

If you're around 25% lift on a 500kcal deficit and then recomp, should hit sub-20% by end of noob gains.

If you're 30% or over definetly concentrate on cutting first, lift too - but focus on losing the weight instead of increasing lifts. Chances are you'll fuck up your first cut if it is too substantial and lose a lot of your gains, it's easier to see progress and not get discouraged if you're not a fat fuck, plus your test will go up and gains will be faster if you lose some flab first.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.