[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my great silent outrage I call to you /fit/ >be me, noob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: bodybuilder-crying-gif.gif (503KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
bodybuilder-crying-gif.gif
503KB, 500x393px
In my great silent outrage I call to you /fit/
>be me, noob lifter
>lift for four months, loving it
>read the sticky and everything
>have to move, sign up at uni gym
>go in, look left, look right
>walk around the "gym" like an autist for five minutes
>there are no squat racks,
>there is no space for squatting so many machines

What do I do now? I've already paid for membership and bought a new shoe for training. Keep in mind that I'm still 70% dyel.
>>
>>40604164
Ask where the squat racks are
>>
Why the fuck didnt you have a look or did a tryout session first?
>>
>>40604178
1. I'm a retard
2. I looked at the other gyms in the area, and they were either overpriced, or lacked equipment. I figured eiher my uni has something, or there is nothing left.
3. I can still use the showers
4. Did I mention I'm an imbecile?
>>
>>40604224
Do they even have barbells?
>>
uni gyms should have plenty of equipment including squat racks and Oly platforms as a matter of principle, I honestly wouldn't blame you for this.
>>
>>40604164
You can make good gains without squat too m8.. SS is autistic just do a PPL and do deadlifts/sl deadlifts / goblet squats instead.
>>
>>40604164
you don't need to squat to make gains, despite what /fit/ and /r/fitness seem to think

barbell squat is a very good tool, but there are many tools in the toolbox

unless you have aspirations to be a powerlifter or olympic lifter, in which case find a new gym
>>
>>40604269
They have two treadmills, a bike, a pull-down machine, two bench presses, an incline machine, a curl rack, and a leg press.

>>40604291
I mean they've said they have two gyms in two different buildings, plus two smaller one. I figured they at least have some bare-basics.

>>40604311
>>40604322
I used to do 5x5. Plus, I've really grown to like squats. But no, I don't have power-lifting aspirations, I just wanna get strong.
>>
>>40604346
looks like you're leg pressing for the foreseeable future unless you find a new gym
>>
File: ER-Rack-Squat-and-Bench-IPF.jpg (22KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
ER-Rack-Squat-and-Bench-IPF.jpg
22KB, 640x426px
>>40604346
Do they have competition bench racks? They are also built to support squats (remove the benches and set the bar high enough)
>>
>>40604361
How do I go about that?
In 5x5 it was rather straightforward; add 2.5 kg to it per workout. I am fairly sure that won't be enough with the leg press, but don't want to go full retard and try my bodyweight.

>>40604365
Nope, nothing like that. I've tried to used one of the bench. presses, but gave up after the first minute. It felt unsafe with heavier weights.
>>
>>40604392
With leg press I'd up the reps to 8-12 or so, and add 5 or even 10 kg every time until you start stalling, then make smaller and smaller increments
Also try doing uphill sprints, I hear they can actually help add strength or mass to your legs
>>
>>40604164
look for the hidden gym
every uni has one
it's like a secret level, but you need connections to find out where it is
>>
>>40604454
This, OP
Usually you need to defeat the quarter back of your Uni football team I'm a dance off to unlock it.
>>
>>40604463
This, or suck up to the athletic director and he'll be nice and let you in
>>
>>40604454
This. It's typically the gym where the sports teams will train.
>>
>>40604454
>>40604463
>>40604473
>>40604484
Tl;dr find the athletic training center and go there
>>
>>40604164
If they have at least barbells, you could try zercher squats or steinborn squats.
>>
>>40604164
You may have already come to this realization, but that's why you do a walk through before you pay for a membership.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.