[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was looking that if I increase 2.5 kg each set for 6 months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: adam gnatov.jpg (305KB, 1000x833px) Image search: [Google]
adam gnatov.jpg
305KB, 1000x833px
I was looking that if I increase 2.5 kg each set for 6 months (without plateauing), I'll go from squatting 40 kg to 232.5 kg. How can be it be possible to squat more than 5pl8 in less than a year?
>>
Is it impossible to not plateau at some point or is it natural to go from such a light weight to a heavy weight in such a short amount of time?
>>
>>40598313
Just no
>>
>>40598480
No for what?
>>
because you are gonna plateau you fucking retard
>>
>>40598313
unless you're an extremely genetically gifted squatter you won't make anything resembling that progress

you'll probably get to high 200s or low 300s on beginner progression and stall hard, after that every 5lbs will be harder
>>
>>40598313
Unless you gain a ton of weight, and hop on steroids, and do everything else perfectly then it's not gonna happen, mate. You're probably gonna stall around the 140KG mark.
>>
>>40598941
So the most common is to achieve 2pl8 in 6 months time?
>>
>>40598963
depends where you started + genetics + routine. Plenty of people squat 220 the first time they squat.
>>
>>40598963
depends, i knew a guy who hit 275 his first time and 405 two months later and he didn't even follow a program
>>40598980
this, athletic background and genetics are key
>>
>>40598941
I wouldn't say that.

I got to a 160 3x5 squat in 7 months just doing 3x5 twice a week. Deloaded twice. My weight went from 82kg to 88kg. The only reason I stopped was to begin cutting. And I have long ass fucking legs.

There is no excuse for finishing an LP in the high 200s.
>>
>>40598993
you can say anything you like, genetics play a massive role in all of this

if you got to 3x5 160kg at that bodyweight you are somewhat gifted

i only got up to 295x3x5lbs on LP, but my deadlift got up to 500x1
>>
>>40598980
>tfw started with 50kg squat
>tfw after 8 weeks i couldn't get passed 80kg without terrible form
>tfw after deloading and trying again i managed to get 90kg
>tfw after a year of training i only squat 90kg

feels bad man, really does. i eat well more than enough, i pretty much only do SS and light assistance stretch everyday and still can't improve.

i'm just weak, genetically, i guess.
>>
>>40599014
>500
Fucking hell. I'm not even at 405.

The lifting gods give with one hand and take with the other.
>>
>>40599054
are you 160kg squat guy from above?
>>
File: 1332051392484.jpg (13KB, 271x277px) Image search: [Google]
1332051392484.jpg
13KB, 271x277px
>>40598313
>2.5 kg each set
>each set
>>
>>40599057
Yeah.

My deadlift is actually 152.5kg x 5. My squat depth is well below parallel too, I film it
>>
>>40599095
ok, here's why that is

the leverages that are favorable for squatting are unfavorable for deadlifting

you have leverages well suited to squatting (even if you think your legs are """long""", your femurs are almost certainly not long), but you almost assuredly have short arms that make you a garbage deadlifter

don't assume that everyone should hit X number just because you hit it, i could just as well assume that anyone who didn't get to 425x5 deadlift on SS like i did is a weak pussy and didn't try hard enough

the more you know
>>
>>40598313

you should be adding weight each rep

you'll make progress too slow if you're only adding weight each set
>>
>>40599114
Yeah I know all that. My femurs are short and my legs are long. My arms are average length.

It's annoying cause squats are the lift I give least of a fuck about.
>>
>>40599175
enjoy the easy squat gains, it took me years to get to what you squatted on an LP, and I was much heavier
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.