[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to write a book about dieting, health and fitness.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: extra_rubber.jpg (25KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
extra_rubber.jpg
25KB, 615x409px
I want to write a book about dieting, health and fitness.

What would you add?
>>
>>40598046
>Made with the help of /fit/.
>>
Just make a book with a link to the sticky
>>
>never underestimate the nutritional value of semen
>>
I'm thinking about making it a slap in the face about the fat elephant in the room -- overeating. You simply eat too fucking much and dieting isn't fucking easy, it involves not eating and being hungry all the time. Nobody talks about this.

I bought like 5 diet books and they all have crazy ass methodology on what to eat and managing portions. Most don't do calorie counting or make the reader admit they are gorging themselves to death, or are trying to mask their depression/mental problems with overeating.

If you guys wanna add some good shit to it, I'd be willing to pop it on, even the sticky :^)
>>
>>40598266
This, I'm reading this book and it's a very real and very unknown problem
https://www.amazon.com/End-Overeating-Insatiable-American-Appetite/dp/1605294578
>>
BRAAAAAAP
>>
>>40598266
>People need a book to tell them that dieting isn't hard

I would make a book. It'd be one page long. "Don't eat until you're stuffed every meal. Eat smaller meals, you may feel a little hungry when you're done, but a few minutes later you'll feel fine. Eat foods with higher fat content, because they tend to be more filling. Make sure you eat plenty of protein so you don't lose muscle mass. Count your calories and set limits based on your TDEE. Aim for 500-700 below that to lose weight. The end"
>>
>>40598407

I said that it is very hard, it's not easy and fucking sucks. Those who give up do so after they realize it wont be easy.

I'm also doing an entire chapter on self-image, another problem. Many give up because they can't look like the top 1% of attractive people.
>>
>>40598504
>I said that it is very hard

Dieting is fucking easy. I've been on a 1600 calorie limit for the past two months and have had zero issues. I'm hungry about 10% of the time, which is about how often i was hungry before I started dieting.
>>
>>40598530

Realize you have more willpower than almost all the townies out there.

More power to you, but not everyone is as autistic about the things they do.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_thermodynamics
>>
File: 1383886779231.jpg (12KB, 201x219px) Image search: [Google]
1383886779231.jpg
12KB, 201x219px
>>40598576

THICC
>>
>>40598565
It's not autism. You just need to literally look at yourself and say "Hey, stop doing that. It's not even that great", and then stop doing it. Healthy foods are not bad, and are satiating. Sure, you're hungry for a pizza. Eat some yogurt instead, you'll feel better and stop wanting pizza. Food only tastes good for about 10 minutes, that's it.

The moment people realize that dieting is actually easy is the moment they lose weight. Dieting does not need to be about being hungry all the time. Dieting does not need to be about constantly craving certain foods. When you get hungry, eat. When you get cravings, eat. Eating low calorie healthy foods will eliminate both and you'll feel fine and make progress.

Cardio is the tough part, and is really only optional if you solely want to lose weight. That requires willpower because you actually have to drag your fatass to the gym and go through hell for 30 minutes.
>>
>>40598626
> Dieting does not need to be about being hungry all the time.

You are the reason why I want to write this book.

People like you say shit like this to a fat person without understanding how it's affecting the fatty.

Bad advice is bad. Why? Because then they talk to someone else who will have a completely different view on dieting. Everyone eats, so everyone has an opinion, like musical taste. It's most likely selfishly driven on anecdotal experience rather than an overview.

It takes hard work and discipline for people who have a disorder with food. They eat food like people take drugs, but for a dopamine rush. It's a psychological component and biochemical component.

I don't think you understand the pain of hunger a person faces when they start dieting at a morbidly obese level. While you might not have any compassion for them, and that's perfectly fine, the book is a piece of compassion itself.

Conflicting information causes people to do mental gymnastics. I want to slap the person with the voice of reason.
>>
File: 1381805584442.png (457KB, 419x444px) Image search: [Google]
1381805584442.png
457KB, 419x444px
>>40598704
>hurr
>durr
>>
>>40598756

very well
>>
>>40598704
If you tell a fatty dieting is tough, they're just going to make excuses.

I was eating fast food every single day, large portions until I was stuffed. Then I decided to stop, and realized it actually isn't that bad. Fatties can do it too. Like I said, even if they have hunger pains, they can fix it by eating healthy, low calorie foods.

Your book sounds like it's going to be shit and not motivate anyone to do anything.
>>
>>40598376

bout to read that myself.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.