[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello, 22 year old woman here trying to lose weight via a 500-calorie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1488280808528.gif (2MB, 275x322px) Image search: [Google]
1488280808528.gif
2MB, 275x322px
hello, 22 year old woman here trying to lose weight via a 500-calorie deficit.

Right now I am 161 pounds. I calculated that my exact BMR is 1571.55. I also want to take up jogging. So I used the Harris-Benedict equation to calculate my daily caloric needs as 2160 (light exercise 1-3 days per week, a good starting point?).

So I would assume that to lose weight I'd just subtract 500 calories from that to get a final calorie count of 1660.

Is that the correct approach? Or is there something I'm missing here? Pic unrelated. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>40588653
Do Starting Strength, eat 1500 calories a day, do an hour of easy cardio 5 days a week, and you're golden
>>
>>40588653
use the scooby-calculator
>>
>jogging

Why do all fat women do this? It's literally the worst for your knees.
>>
Let's bone
>>
>>40588699
distance running? why?
>>
Yeah. Dont obsess about the exact numbers, because you'll never be able to perfectly calculate any of that shit. 500 calories is a small meal. Eat that much less per day.

Just start eating healthy food and lean meats and take out the white breads and sugary drinks. That'll usually be enough for most people.

I recommend sprinting instead of jogging to put on muscle and to burn the same amount of calories on 1/4 the time. Do 30-60's for like 4 rounds. Add rounds after a few weeks.

Also, lift.

Honestly you should just read the fucking sticky. Stop worrying if its perfect and use common sense. Of fucking course your plan will work, you just god damned explained to us how it would work you shitty faggot.
>>
>>40588653

Yeah cut calories, less fats less sugars. Pretty simple.

One very helpful tip: If you do cardio on an empty stomach you really burn fat quickly. It's not fun, but it works quick.

Also with fitness, and life, don't ramp up so fast. Start slow, then a little more. Focus on ramping up in a way that by the 5th or 6th week you are taking your diet and workouts very seriously. If you go to hard on day one it's easy to get frustrated and quit.
>>
>>40588653
GOMAD
>>
File: 1431476640924.jpg (110KB, 315x274px) Image search: [Google]
1431476640924.jpg
110KB, 315x274px
>>40588653
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting
>>
>>40589083
kek
>>
>>40589083
why do fat chicks post this shit on social media in response to anyone trying to lose weight?? why is it always fat chicks, never guys?
>>
>>40588709
because if you're fat it puts a shitton of stress on your joints
>>
>>40588653
from all the information you've presented i wouldn't say you're missing anything out of the calorie equation. when you exercise though, there is not necessarily a need to limit yourself by saying "light exercise". break a sweat. jogging is good, but don't become complacent, try to time yourself and get your finish time down, or increase the distance over time. look up a routine in the sticky, and if you do weighttraining make sure to hit all your body parts, not just parts you think are feminine.

your plan is solid on the diet department, just make sure to eat plenty of greens, lean meat, stay away from salad dressing, use lemon and vinegar or a LITTLE olive oil/salt pepper.
>>
>>40588653
You're 161 but your BMR is 1500? How short are you?
>>
>>40588653
RANDY NO!
>>
File: mudtoe.jpg (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
mudtoe.jpg
8KB, 194x259px
>>40588653
>OP here
>>
File: mmm very nice.gif (3MB, 283x204px) Image search: [Google]
mmm very nice.gif
3MB, 283x204px
>>40589896
>>
>>40589114
This nigga right here is correct. Best thing to do is swim and bike to lose the weight and THEN start running. Running is a shit thing to do when people are overweight.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.