[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone bulking on a budget? What are your tips? I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_ny92j5dbDc1qgkb4jo1_500.jpg (98KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny92j5dbDc1qgkb4jo1_500.jpg
98KB, 500x749px
Anyone bulking on a budget? What are your tips? I'm trying to see if I can gain weight on 100 bucks a month. I'm a turbo-manlet though, so I only need 3000 Calories to gain weight. What are some recipes you guys like?

I'm a big fan of making chilli. You can buy a bag of beans on sale and it'll last you the whole month if not longer. Throw in veggies and cheap meats and you got yourself a pretty decent meal.
>>
>>40577621
I usually spend about $300 on food each month and end up throwing a quarter of it away because I like eating out.
>>
>>40577621
ground beef and rice is super cheap and easy. I recently discovered tuna and ramen which has to be the best ratio of dollars to macros I've ever seen
>>
I'm on a poverty spec diet so nothing but chic peas , eggs and veggies. Also loads and loads of tahini .
>>
>>40577621
$100 a month is pretty tough. I was spending that much eating mostly ramen every day. Some cheap foods are eggs, rice and oats though
>>
> oats
> rice
> beans
> potatoes (especially)
Just look into staple foods and don't fall for memes, eg. buying Whole Foods over-priced rice vs normal grocery store rice
>>
>>40577686
>tuna and ramen
I tried this for a few days last month, I don't know how you can stomach it. I got really bad acid reflux and I felt like I was gonna puke. There's just too much sodium for me
>>
>>40577728
>ramen

>>40577679
>wasting food
You two are fucking pleb tier.

>>40577621
If you're bulking on that tight of a budget, you should do two things: learn to bake bread, and shop the sales at your local grocery stores obsessively.

As a turbo-poorfag you're going to have to make some hard choices to hit your budget (bread), even if people here will scream like a special ed class with a few hornets in it. $1.75 can get you 5 lb of store-brand all-purpose flour, and packets of yeast are like $0.33 each at most. With a tiny bit of sugar to start the yeast, salt, water, and power included, you're looking at a maximum of $1.50 for a loaf for bread that tastes much better than similarly priced shit you can get from grocery store. Kneading will be a light workout too, especially if you're mixing up dough for four loaves at once. Rice takes less time to prepare, but generally costs more per kcal and doesn't freeze as well.

As to the grocery store, shop the sales. And get a crockpot. You can often leave those on overnight with no risk of fire, and wake up to delicious food. Chicken under $1/lb? Buy as much as you can freeze it, defrost and use as needed. Then you can slow-roast in the crockpot or make thick stews. Or just roast the meat in an oven if you're pressed for time, or microwave if you lean that way. Also look for deals on eggs. I can find a dozen eggs for under a dollar in some places.

You can also strain and save left-over bacon grease more easily if you bake it in an oven. It makes for a good but bacon-scented frying grease.
>>
>>40577697
Fuck isn't tahini full of estromemes though?
>>
go to stores with a self checkout lane and just key in the codes of food that looks like what your scanning, but is cheaper. Also go to the bulk food aisle and stock up and key it all in as flour or white rice. I've done this for years.
>>
>>40578017
It has protein and very little of anything else. Consider it the mustard of spreads.
>>
I'm a cook so I'm always broke. Thankfully I can stuff my face all fucking night, and take home food as well. Beef, chicken, fish and pork that's under portioned, veggies, pasta and bread that falls off of the rotating menu items or specials.
>>
>>40578021
>being a nigger
>>
>>40577998
Hell you can just keep the yeast alive and make a culture to save more money
>>
>>40577621
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
File: LowFatCCsnackcups-nutfacts.png (55KB, 212x353px) Image search: [Google]
LowFatCCsnackcups-nutfacts.png
55KB, 212x353px
>>40577621

Cottage Cheese.
About 40p in my country.
Probably less in yours.
>>
>recently became t1 diabetic
>have no idea how to bulk because everything I used before (milk, pb&j, etc) was a fuckload of carbs
>can't afford a lot of meat and vegetables
>>
>>40578079
>not doing what needs to be done to get the gains
>>
>>40577621
Eggs
>>
>>40578440
Kek
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.