[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else correcting their posture or have done so? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: postures1.jpg (53KB, 488x350px) Image search: [Google]
postures1.jpg
53KB, 488x350px
Anyone else correcting their posture or have done so? I'm full kyphosis mode and have been forever. 6'2 but I look 5'10 when I slouch. Pretty tiring standing up straight but I can do it.
>>
Everyone will tell you how to fix it, but never have done it themselves.

It can't be fixed, it can be slightly corrected, but it'll never ever be 'good posture' on that picture.

Just something you have to wear with pride, you're stuck with it.
>>
>>40574290
>tiring standing up straight
The fuck is wrong with your back muscles?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAmc9SNciTg

This helped me immensely

After doing this every other day for a couple months my posture visibly improved & pain I would get in my sides from sitting for too long vanished
>>
>>40574323
you are retarded
>>
Why can't you just stand straight? Is it that difficult? Just use a pillow while you use the computer or something.
>>
My posture was awful when I started lifting and this was something I always wanted to fix but never actively spent time on, mostly due to distraction/attention on gains.

Interestingly my posture has fixed itself almost entirely passively. I attribute it first and foremost to hip flexor movements, particularly the deadlift, which I reckon has fixed my anterior pelvic tilt. Almost all lifts and stretches benefit posture though.
>>
>>40574290
Fixing my posture was the reason I started lifting, focused on correct form deadlift and squats. I had awful APT + lumbar lordosis + some scapula staff. Been 7 months, I see progress, doing some posture oriented stretching. Keeping my posture correct is one thing, walking confidently is another, which is better, day by day. We are all gonna make it, brah
>>
Your back muscles are too stretched out all the time and your frontal core is too flexed. You have to do strength excercise for your back muscles to correct that imbalance. Mostly rowing and shrugs
>>
My femurs are rotated with my feet out. Its a skeletal issue and I don't it can be fixed. Ive hurt my back not knowing about the issue beforehand and had to take the year off of lifting.
I think Posture is something you have to deal with
>>
>>40574331
They're fucked from like 10 years of shit posture dude
>>
>>40574290
>have severe ATP and thoracic flattening/flared ribs
>start lifting, thinking it will improve by itself
>at first lower back hurts like fuck during most exercises but everyone in the gym who observes me says I'm keeping my spine neutral
>lower back stops hurting and my erector becomes my best body-part, still have flared ribs
>one year latter decide to stop falling for the "compounds are enough for your core" meme
>test my lower back and ab strength to see where I'm at
>lower back is strong as fuark, abs are barely out of untrained territory
>turns out the imbalance in ab/back strength that caused my problems forced my back to take most of the load during compound, exacerbating the imbalance
don't make the same mistake, train your core from the start and try to get it balanced as soon as possible
>>
>>40574872
>don't make the same mistake, train your core from the start and try to get it balanced as soon as possible
Sounds similar to me and I'm up to 3.5 plate squat never having trained abs specifically.

What did you add/recommend?
>>
>>40574902
I do: decline weighted crunches, vaccums, pallof presses.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.