[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help, fit overlords, I can only squat in a wide position and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 41424512521.jpg (105KB, 570x414px) Image search: [Google]
41424512521.jpg
105KB, 570x414px
Help, fit overlords, I can only squat in a wide position and feets outwards.

if i do in a more narrow position trying to make my feet/toes stay "straight" i feel a lot of pain in the upper tight and around the knee, dunno if i am just weak there or something is wrong with me. I say this as a beginner who just started. Should i just stay in the wide position like pic related or what?
In the pic related position i don't feel any pain and its a joy to squat, but i dont know what gives the most gainzz
>>
no you should definitely squat in the most painful way possible and cripple yourself
>>
>>40572998
Your feet should be pointed outwards regardless.
But your feet don't need to be that wide.
>>
>>40572998
Stretch
>>
>>40573037
The problem is if i put my legs less wide it hurts like i said.
>>
you probably aren't using your hamstrings / glutes enough without a wide stance. Wider stance makes you naturally use them more because they're stretched
>>
>>40573097
So its ok and i can keep doing it?
>>
>>40572998
Well stop it faggot
>>
you have bad ankle or knee mobility, perhaps from prior injury? work on dorsal and knee flexion, thanks
>>
>>40572998
sounds extremely painful
>>
You aren't using hams and hips as much as you ought. Consequently, your knees are going too far forward while your hips are still above parallel. Very stressful for knees, even if they are aligned with toes. The muscle pain in thigh will go away as you practice. It wants stretching, mobility work, and balance from the posterior chain. Watch plenty more squat videos before getting bad habits and injuries. Wide stance is comfy because it forces you to rely on posterior muscles and your knees can't do dangerous things so easily.
>>
>>40572998
1) The most fucking important shit while doing squaxs is knee stability, that being said you need to improve the overall strenght in that joint, leg extensions and hamstrings curls will help you alot (left knee was buggin me while atg squating and that fixed)
2) ankle mobility google how to improve ankle mobility, do the one you like the most and do it everyday, no matter what day is do them everyday.
3) feet position will be determined by femur-tibia ratio, angle of femoral head and femur, hip mobility (shit i forgot about that, just do step 2 for hip) the most important thing is, if it works for somebody it doesnt necesarily work for you, lu xiaojun has a long torso and short femurs, thats why he can squat insane weight with a narrow stance, so you will have to figure this one out.
Just remember it doesnt have to hurt and you should be able to bounce all your weight at the bottom with no problem at all.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.