[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo balconybro, on my 2nd superset I lunge. And with 12 reps each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1488392720294.jpg (489KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1488392720294.jpg
489KB, 2048x2048px
Yo balconybro, on my 2nd superset I lunge. And with 12 reps each legs for 4 sets my legs are smashed. How the Fuck can I do 2 more leg supersets? I must just be incredibly weak or something. Same with triceps that day, I start with skullcrushers and with 4 sets of 12 of those even with the curved bar, my tri's are pretty
>>
>>40572587
nice bod, my guy.
>>
>>40572587

If you're just starting out you likely are weak in those muscles and you're probably also running into CNS fatigue as well. Your body simply isn't used to exerting that much energy for sustained amounts of time yet.

The only way around this is to force yourself to complete the next sets/movements no matter how low the weights are. If you're lunging with dumbells in each hand, you may have to drop all weight and do non-weighted lunges, the movement alone is still enough to engage the muscle.

Or in the case of skullcrushers, instead of using the curved bar do them one arm at a time with dumbells, going down to 5lb dumbells if you have to.

This program emphasizes volume (completing sufficient number of sets/reps). Adjust the weight however necessary to finish all 4 sets (or 3 sets if you're just starting out) in the 8-12 rep range for each of the chosen movements.
>>
>>40572736
Yeah, it's Randy again btw. But yeah I was just doing bodyweight lunges and I'm just so weak I barely completed the 4 sets and that was only my second super set. So I have a lot of work to do
>>
>>40573596

Good to know you're sticking with it Randy. Don't get discouraged, and don't stop when you're hella adore the next few days. The soreness stops being a problem after a few weeks and your endurance will grow every single workout. The first 6 months lifting are the best as practically every workout you'll notice being able to do more reps, sets, or weight than the previous time you hit that muscle ~4 days prior.
>>
>>40574766

Hella sore** fucking phone autocorrect
>>
>>40574766
Thanks so much man, I can tell I am definitely a bit sore and I love it. I have some nasty si joint issues but I'm glad I'm back into lifting and gotta reach the goals my man
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.