[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 34

>I don't care if there's another thread, I'm fucking Viking, edn.

Best place to add accessories on a strength programs so it doesn't interfere with main lifts?
>>
>>40569253
The show is for cucks
>>
>>40569261
N-No it's not
>>
Vikings were fucking snow niggers cowards in reality, they were nothing but a bunch of raiders who never achieved honour but only raped and killed farmers.

t. /his/
>>
>>40569274
N-No they weren't. Back me up fellow fans
>>
>>40569291
You should praise real badass warriors like terços and hursars, not these snow fuckers who never whon any relevant battle against real men.

Fuck your holywood bullshit.
>>
>>40569370
Brown manlet spic detected.
Build wall shitskin
>>
>>40569253
What's your favourite accessory /fit/?

What's your favourite variation of a compound lift?
>>
Can someone give me cookie cutter tips for Deadlift form?
>>
>>40569531
curls

leg press
>>
>>40569531
Shrugs for the hugs (with dumbbells)
Goblet Squat
>>
Once and for all. How much is 1pl8 and do you count the bar?
>>
>>40569578
135lbs or 60kg

Yes you count the fucking bar.

>>40569531
Weighted chin ups, and snatch grip diddlies
>>
Not a question, but this doesn't deserve its own thread either.

I've come to the realization that this website has so many autists because it actually causes autism. I used to be a social butterfly and now I alienate my friends by talking to them as if I'm on this stupid board.

>move to a different state. only come home on holidays and my birthday
>no friends here and tired of being fat so start hanging out on /fit/ and cutting and lifting to fill all my free time
>lose about eighty lbs of fat, put on about fifteen lbs of muscle
>go home for thanksgiving. haven't seen friends since previous christmas
>qt 8/10 grill "damn anon, how'd you lose all that weight"
>"i'm just a lucky guy"
>chuckle out loud at my own meme joke that nobody else gets
>ottermode friend who has been going to the gym for years
>"how'd you get so big anon?"
>"read the sticky"
>burst into hysterical laughter almost before i finish the word sticky
>nobody tries to engage me in conversation the rest of the night

Th-thanks /fit/
>>
>>40569253
>Best place to add accessories on a strength programs so it doesn't interfere with main lifts?
at the end of the week, duh
>>
>>40569261
It absolutely went to shit

So little blood and tits now
>>
Lower back pain when squatting?

Has anyone dealt with this issue? If I'm doing high reps for example 4-10 at lower weights my lower back gets super sore. The pain lasts for about 10 minutes and is then back to normal.

What to do? Is this sign of a weak lower back or tightness or what?
>>
>>40569666
666, the devil has spoken. We can both turn gay and be boyfriends, you sound funny as fuck.
>>
>>40569801
But shouldn't I hit the muscles twice a week optimally?
>>
>>40569624
Trappy...? :D
>>
/new/ here. When I got done with my workout today my left arm was sorer than my right arm. Is that good? Does that mean my left arm is getting the work it needs? Or does that mean I didn't hit my right arm hard enough today and that I neglected it?
>>
>>40571180

You won't always be perfectly symmetric on soreness. Muscles are weird like that sometimes so I wouldn't really worry about it.
>>
>>40569253
The thing i hate about that show is that i never pictured Vikings looking like faggots. Its causing some cognitive dissonance or some shit in me
>>
>>40569935
>you are now aware this is how scooby turned gay
>>
>>40569253
How much difference does a good program really make? It's hard to tell what's good, since everyone loves whatever they're running and hates everything else, it seems. If I'm putting in the effort, getting good rest and food and hitting my macros, will I see results regardless?
>>
>>40569253
is this an OK long term ottermode routine
>fork putdowns
>planks
3 x 30s
>side planks
3 x 30s (each side)
>pushups
2 x 10 (of flat, incline and decline)
>pull ups
2 x 10
>leg raises (you dangle from a pull up bar and lift legs)
2 x 10
>cycling
15 minutes

is this daily a good routine?
>>
>>40571365

At the end of the day, any program will work well as long as you stick with it. What matters is consistency.

Do some work better than others? Sure. The main factors that control gains are Frequency and Rest. Hitting each muscle group 1x/week is bad, just like hitting each group 5-7x/week is also bad. Any balanced program is "good" for 95% of lifters
>>
>>40569370

lol fuck up history undergrad
>>
>>40569274
Except for the fact they were the personal body guard of the Byzantine Emperor.
Sacked Paris, invaded and crushed england, set up some of the major port citys to date.
>>
>>40571412
Thanks mate, that's what I was looking for. I'm always worried when I look at new programs that I'm going to stall out and bust my ass for 6 months to get zero results.
>>
>>40571476
Hell yeah
>>
File: JesUSliftTs.jpg (48KB, 650x412px) Image search: [Google]
JesUSliftTs.jpg
48KB, 650x412px
Just saw this link in another thread:
http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/
Is this real? The guy presumably knows his shit and advocates that beginners should workout 4 times a week. Also the routine seems to lack focus on the main lifts but then again, I'm inclined to trust him. Is he memeing or should I do this routine (just did 4 months of /fit/'s GreySkull so I'm still a beginner).
>>
>>40571504

Eventually you will slow down or maybe even stall, but the core concepts of what make a routine work remain the same.

You'll just need to accept adding weight once a week instead of every session, and/or go up in smaller jumps. Going up 5lbs (or even 2.5lbs) every workout isn't sustainable forever, but you can hang onto 5lbs or 2.5lbs once a week for quite a while.
>>
>>40569261
>>40569269

First and 2nd seasons were best. It started getting cringey after they brought that crazy gook in.
>>
>>40569274
You forget they were farmers themselves. Not their fault all the other farmers in the world were a bunch of cucks who can't defend themselves.
>>
Is there anything bad in getting more protein than I need?
I love meat and chicken and I get around 200g sometime more out of a diet of ~2600cal.
>>
Does gyno go away by itself eventually? I had it when I was in my teens in my right nipple. Now i'm 20 and have it in my left nipple.

Does it matter how old one is?
>>
On dips, elbows back or elbows out?
>>
>>40571546
>For example, if you started training for the first time in your lift today and trained 3x/week for the next 4 weeks you would have done 12 training sessions and had 16 rest days, over half of your training career has been spent not training. Beginners can and should train with high frequency because they don’t yet posses the ability to create significant stimulus in a single training session, so the more frequently they can do high quality work like 60-75% for sets of 6-10 PERFECT reps, the more quickly they’ll learn and ingrain good technique.
I-Is this real?
>>
File: X5sco4D.png (680KB, 468x619px) Image search: [Google]
X5sco4D.png
680KB, 468x619px
Just starting to feel am impingement in my left shoulder.

Definitely the infraspinatus is swollen and sore.

I want to keep working my chest, but that seems impossible without using my shoulder.

I was planning 3 weeks for recovery. But no shoulder involved exercises not just a gains goblin, but a gains mega-hobgoblin.

Is there a way to maintain or work chest without aggravating my shoulder?
>>
>>40569253
what is necesary for a home gym?

adjustable bench so you can do bench press and shoulder press, good rack so you can do bench,squats and shoulder press, pull up bar and what else?
>>
>>40569666
Your autism has nothing to do with fit.
I have never once considered saying stupid shit like that.
>>
File: 1439562097136.jpg (82KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1439562097136.jpg
82KB, 540x960px
>>40569253
Should my protein intake be the same on off days as lift days?
>>
>>40571916
yes
>>
>>40569838
Post form
>>
>>40571871
>Is there a way to maintain or work chest without aggravating my shoulder

I can't think of one. Honestly don't worry about it too much. 3 weeks isn't that long to recover from an injury and if you try to work through it you're probably going to be out for much much longer. It will feel weird not working out your chest, so add volume somewhere else while you're recovering and hit the chest hard when your shoulder is better. The combination of anticipated extra pecwork + pushing another lift will keep you from worrying about your lost gains
>>
>>40571999

Thanks for the advice. I'll just have to hit the core and legs.

It's funny the injury popped up just now, the month where I said to myself: Ok, time for some serious gains now, no more baby weights.

Just going to have to accept it's better to be less developed now than a broke dick in future.

I learned real quick what the AC Joint and Rotator Cuff was. Funny that.
>>
>>40569253
Is this the thread were we post Vikings?
>>
>>40572289
Don't forget to post modern vikings.
>>
My goal weight is for 20% body fat at 160 lbs and 6'3. That's a very generic, I'm a fatass and I need to cut goal.

Now that I've been cutting for awhile, and I'd esimate at the current moment I'm 6'3 220 pounds, I'm mildly curious about my true body fat, as I've been working out for about 6 months now, and believe I'd fall into the "builtfat" category, or borderline at least.

Now, if I continue to work out, and build muslce, by the time i were to be cutting to 160, I imagine my body fat % would actually be somewhere in the ~10% area, does that sound about right?

I don't have an official gym, or weights so I can't give you any true reference lifting stats.

But, the main lift I've been working on progressing is pull ups, which I can now do a max rep of 10 in a row, full ROM.

PS, is my inactive TDEE really ~2300?
>>
File: Viking 1379199987361.jpg (89KB, 1126x567px) Image search: [Google]
Viking 1379199987361.jpg
89KB, 1126x567px
>>40572304
>>
File: Viking Cucks Terrible Warriors.jpg (363KB, 1532x763px) Image search: [Google]
Viking Cucks Terrible Warriors.jpg
363KB, 1532x763px
Viking warrior memes... when will you faggots learn? They were barbarian cucks then just as they are today.
>>
>>40572334
kek
>>
>>40569253
I hate you and your shitty posts.
>>
>>40572408
Don't disrespect our new QTDDTOT king.
>>
File: 1488512725683.png (49KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1488512725683.png
49KB, 184x184px
Skinnyfat, should I eat at a deficit and lift, or just start bulking and lifting?
Also is it possible to hit close to 1/2/3/4 1 rep on a deficit from noob gains?
>>
>>40572334
>group that mostly relies on a certain tactic is at a disadvantage when they can't utilize that tactic but their enemy can use theirs

Well no fucking shit.

Furthermore,
>that bullshit tv show
>vikings
>>
Can anyone red pill me on hot and cold baths? I'm in the middle of a lacrosse season and have serious lactic acid buildup (I think). My muscles aren't too sore to move, it's just like they have no explosiveness and it feels like I'm running through sand. Ice baths are the recommended choice by teammates, and I understand the idea, but I've been wondering about hot baths. Like wouldn't it make sense to get the blood flowing through the muscles to get lactic acid out?
>>
>>40571388

That looks like shit and I seriously doubt you can do 10 proper form pull ups.
>>
>>40569385
t. dumbass
>>
>>40572564
There are two roads from skinnyfat to swole:
>skinny
>fat
Neither are particularly appealing but you must choose one.
>>
Hey fit!
Is there any good app to log the calories consumed, and in relation to the weight estimate the TDEE with de data collected? I'm doing that with an exel spreadsheet, but an app would be way better.
Not talking about MFP or the likes, that calculates calories in food, I got this part covered...
Also, more generally, usefull apps for lifting BBing? Thanks!
>>
5x5 vs 3x5? Currently lifting 90/135/180/200 in lbs
>>
>>40573578
Jefit
>>
Did an urine exam and foud out that I have medium high keton bodies in urine. What does that mean?
>>
i've got eph but i've run out of caffeine pills, will drinking a large coffee 30 mins to an hour after the pills still work out or should i go buy some actual caffeine?
>>
>>40569253
>putting up a second QTDDTOT when the other one is nowhere near the bump limit
>decreasing chances that people will have their questions answered
>all so you can satisfy your avatar-posting tripfag fetish for a medicore show
>being a dyel who asks noob tier questions in the first post
This is why all trips should be culled.
>>
>>40573999
Just tried it. Didn't find anything about tracking calorie intake and calculating an empirical TDEE based on weight and calorie intake...
>>
>>40569253
What does "DYEL" stand for? I'm new to the internet
>>
I've been sick and lost 4lb, will I get that muscle back quickly. I'm a beginner if it matters.
>>
>>40574247
Unless you've been seriously ill, that lost weight is probably mostly just water and glycogen.

But yes, it's easier to regain muscle mass than to build it in the first place: even if you loose muscle cross-section, the adaptations in muscle structure are still in place and will stay there until you die.

That being said: noobs loose strength much faster when they don't train because their still shaky muscle coordination and technique gets rusty faster.
>>
>>40574189
Do you even lift

>>40571875
An ab wheel maybe. Dip belt for weighted pull ups. Adjustable dumbbells maybe for more accessories that can't be performed with a barbell etc
>>
>>40574110
Not enough glucose, your body is doing fatty acid degredation to feed your brain
>>
I put the weight on my shoulders for squats like i'm supposed to and everything but:

what is an acceptable level of pain in my spine after squatting?
>>
>>40574515
None. Fix your form
>>
>>40574433
And is that good or bad? I mean how does that translate to health and to fat loss/muscle gain?
>>
My bulged disc is healing up pretty well. What are some good excersies to strengthen my body so I don't hurt my back again. Also it was due to my leg bones being misaligned not bad form
>>
Should I do keto or is it a meme? Seems like all the fatties do Keto and lose a shit load of weight really fast.
>>
>>40574802
It's an inefficient biochemical pathway. But it can be good for weight loss.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-04+at+09.24.10).png (8KB, 515x496px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-04+at+09.24.10).png
8KB, 515x496px
What is something funny i can write/put on my wrist straps? I work at a clothes printing shop so I can get pretty much anything I want as long as it's not super offensive (because I don't have a home gym)
pic for example
>>
>>40574985
I'm on a cut at 1950 kcals (70 g fats, 170 g proteins), I didn't think I should have glucose problems. If it's good to shred fat is fine tho.
>>
>>40575102
MAGA
4U
>>
Are there any ingredients common between pre-gym and 5 hour energy that can make someone really nauseous after eating?

I swear I've puked, or been really close to puking on multiple occasions the last few weeks.

I think I've narrowed it down to those things (using the caffeine primarily as an appetite suppressant)
>>
What's the deal with those mixed salad/lettuce bags you can buy? Nutritionally respectable or just a meme?
>>
File: 1472332888945.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1472332888945.gif
2MB, 300x225px
i have a pair of 30lb dumbbells and 15lb dumbbells. what kind of upper body/arm routine can i do? im ignore legs for now because theyre big already because ex-fatty
>>
File: 1486953659396.png (296KB, 749x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486953659396.png
296KB, 749x720px
Starting to do my first cut
Is reducing my compounds from 5x5 -> 3x5 and mt accessories from 3x8 to 2x8 enough to preserve my lean mass?
>>
Isn't that starting strength?
>>
>>40569253
how many calories are in 100g of gorund turkey?

I swear to god I lurked in google and cant find shit outside "cup", what the fuck that shit can be measure wrong easily.
goddamit america
>>
File: 1469450845560.jpg (41KB, 371x308px) Image search: [Google]
1469450845560.jpg
41KB, 371x308px
Will dips ruin my shoulders, or I am getting fucjing memed on?
When do noob gains stop?
>>
How do you guys deal with being away from a gym and your own food?

About to go a week without both. I might be able to squeeze into a gym with like a 7 day pass or some shit but I'm mostly worried about diet. How should I go about this?
>>
anyone here is a chef or aspiring to be one ?
how do you balance it out with lifting and proper dieting aka tracking macros?
>>
So about two years ago I hurt my back twice. Once when I was OHPing and the other while squatting. The pain went away relatively fast but ever since my back has "hurt". I don't wanna call it pain but it is like an extreme discomfort. Anyways I notice it only "hurts" when I am standing still for periods of time. I can go on a hike for hours and my back doesn't hurt but as soon as I am standing still at the cash register for work my back hurts.

Would this be something a chiropractor could work on or do I need to go to the doctor?
>>
>>40575228
Complettly ok.
Wash them.
>>
How far did you get before stalling in SS/SL
>>
What are the pros and cons of a PPL over, say, a 5 day split?

Also is there any good reason that I shouldn't do a PPLPPLX routine?

Assuming PPL is the way to go and I can go PPLPPLX, what is a good PPL routine?
>>
>>40571180
stop fapping friendo
>>
I'm not going to lift day, effectively putting a 3 day rest between my A B split. If I lift tommorrow morning, will I still make gains or did I just lose a whole week of work?
>>
>>40576979
sharp pain in localised spot?
herniated disc, see doctor and eval options

muscle pain in one area like lower back or one shoulder?
see a chiro and get your shit snapped up(the good kind)
>>
>>40576952
For that week just try to eat clean and make sensible choices. Eye ball calories if possible. That's all you can do really. At least attempt to estimate protein intake each day
>>
>>40577066
No sharp pain at all. Just extreme discomfort. I looked up herniated disc symptoms but none of them apply. I think I really just need a good back snapping.
>>
Goddamnit /fit/ how do i fix my fucking posture while sitting and standing? It's fucking with my DLs and Squats because i can't keep my spine straight
>>
How do I progress to one armed chin ups?
>>
What's a good intermediate routine for someone who's been doing SS for some time?
>>
>>40577475
just let go of one side of the bar

>>40577480
i switched to one of canditos programs when i was moving on from SS/SL
>>
>>40576922

If you do them without proper form like I used to they might. I used to try them half-assed and hated it because they gave me shoulder/clavicle-ish pain.

I looked up some form articles late last year and after figuring it out (keep chest popped out, keep shoulders/lats drawn down but NOT to the back like you would for military press and hold breath throughout to make sure your chest doesnt collapse) theyre now one of my favourite exercises and my chest is legit 2x the size it was before--now it's simply mediocre as opposed to trash. Highly recommend.
>>
>>40572309
6'3 160lbs is anorexic
>>
File: 45ddeb9eda7b2d4f8bbbe3394354f4e2.jpg (665KB, 936x1404px) Image search: [Google]
45ddeb9eda7b2d4f8bbbe3394354f4e2.jpg
665KB, 936x1404px
I think i've been on a meme workout since jan, I only have sat, mon and tues to do weights so I've been doing full body sessions (chest & tri for an hour, legs, stretching, then back and biceps), my rational has been I have 4 days off so I should have plenty of rest, but my progress has stalled, what way should I taylor my workouts given the time I have?
>>
In a 3x5 beginner program would it be advisable to alternate front and back squats or should I just stick with back squats?
>>
>>40577552
just stick with back squats
>>
>>40577508
God she's gorgeous
>>
>>40577011
Bump
>>
>>40577508
Is this Katheryn? She's beautiful, would impregnate and have lots of white children with.
>>
>>40577630
That's her. And me too. Heard she may play one of the popular DC female heroes in a future movie. Look forward to seeing her in Spandex if true
>>
File: 1487882895278.png (97KB, 680x556px) Image search: [Google]
1487882895278.png
97KB, 680x556px
How do I stop bending my lowerback on squats? I cant even keep it straight on bodyweight squats.
I dont want to snap my shit up.
>>
File: demboots.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
demboots.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>40577948

keep your eyes fixed on something about 10' from the ground.... the top of a mirror.... a ceiling fan.... a photo on the wall....

also,,,, keep your chest up,,, don't let it sag.

finally.... *always* think : 1st hips , then knees.

>I can't squat first thing in the AM. :-(
>>
How can I keep bar from hurting my back while doing squats. I can't keep it on my tiny back muscles or something
>>
>>40569253
6'1 205lbs
How long will it take to loose 15lbs?
Haven't trained in a while because of a move, but I need to cut to at least 190lbs before I start lifting at a surplus again.
Any tips on speeding up the process?
I'm currently eating two relatively healthy meals I'm the morning and evening.
>>
I found a Powerlifting gym in my area and I'm interested in going. I know the basics of lifting but I know my form is shit and I am interested in getting some coaching.

What should I keep an eye open for/expect to see/hope to see when I go to a gym that calls itself a 'Powerlifting Gym'?
>>
Is 100kg (not including bar) a good I rep max for a duel noob?
>>
>>40578078
Powercages, maybe dedicated Bench presses and squat stands/racks, a deadlift platform or 2, a lot of freedom to do big lifts, basically.
>>
File: 1486142608037.jpg (200KB, 720x774px) Image search: [Google]
1486142608037.jpg
200KB, 720x774px
>>40578034
Ok senpai, did all that with bodyweight squats, but it keeps bending slightly when I get to parallel, I'll keep trying tomorrow. Thanks.
>>
>>40578078

Generally it'll be relatively small and low-tech, maybe with a fair amount of specialty gear if they're into that sort of training (particularly if equipped lifters train there). How much it's organised as a group thing versus just being a gym where competitive lifters train can be pretty variable as can how much they care about training new guys or what they require of lifters.
>>
Has anyone done a ABxABxx/BAxBAxx SS routine?

I understand rest is critical to gains but goddamn four rest days a week is fucking brutal.
>>
>>40569253
I went to the gym for the first time on tuesday evening. Decided to do starting strenght, so did my bench, squats, and lat pulldowns.

But the last few days, wed, thur, and now friday I have massive doms all over. Is this normal or should I get checked out? I only did the bar for my lifts so I don't know why i have doms like this.
>>
>>40578308

You can't do an SS-style routine ABxAB and expect it to work. There's beginner routines that can function like that but you'll spin your wheels badly trying to turn around and improve your squat in 24 hours.
>>
>>40569261
You sure told us! Gj
>>
>>40578342
What if I cut squats to twice a week?
>>
>>40578355

Trying to bench for a new PR the day after attempting a press PR (or vice versa) isn't going to be effective either.

Full body 4/wk doesn't play nice with linear progression. If you want more training days you've either got to introduce light days or change how you're arranging things so you don't have fatigue fucking you every session.
>>
>>40578334

only if you're pissing orange
>>
>>40571256
Apparently their hair was really worn like that.
>>
>>40569253
What can I do about a pointy tailbone? Today I tried to do weighted situps on a padded bench and it rubbed the skin completely raw under my tailbone.
>>
File: IMG_0468.jpg (219KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0468.jpg
219KB, 1000x1414px
Happ bed today
>be like you don't have
>sit down with a little bit of a problem with your blood
>start with the British
>keep going out with the British
>British won't stop being dead
>shit
>panic
>decided that the British weren't even worth the risk
>drop the British
<suddenly I'm going with my sister to get a new boyfriend because she is always there for me
>wake up to the British government on the bench
>"do you think you can get the same name as you are not sure if you're the British?"
>hospital says I'm sorry for being so fat, now I have to do community service for the next two years

Never fuck UP gym days
>>
>>40578334
Very normal for beginners. The massive DOMS will go away in a few weeks, but you'll still get it, just not as bad.
>>
>>40569253
Interfering with main lifs is good.

Fuck the weight, hitting triceps & then doing a chest move can be rewarding.
>>
>>40578355
you can do SS every other day, then it's only 3.5 rest days a week
>>
If I don't have doms am I not lifting hard enough?
>>
>>40569253
Dumb question but I'm doing the Stronglifts 5x5 routine, and I know a lot of you do like nightly push-ups and shit. Should I do things like that every day, on off days, or not at all? Bulking right now, I just wanna make sure there's not some reason to not do this before I start. I know it's a stupid question but I'd rather ask one than make a stupid mistake.
>>
>>40575102
Make it
>>
What's a respectable weight to aim to squat, coming from a beginners perspective? I'm doing SL at the moment and only on 30kgs, and I'm wondering at what point I don't look like a complete beginner.
>>
>>40578397
>>40578419
Good because if it was like this every time I don't see how people could go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week. I don't even know if I will be able to go back until next tuesday.
>>
>>40578447
DOMs doesn't necessarily indicate a good workout

>>40578470
Just follow the program to the letter. So no not at all. At most it says to add dips and pull ups. Once your lifts become decent you can then consider adding additional accessories
>>
>>40575247
Don't ignore legs. Working them actually not increase test.
Just don't work them into hypertrophy.
>>
>>40578527
Start at 50
>>
>>40578527
Form.Form .Form.

Fuck what we think. Just don't cheat your body by being a pussy & you will progress.
>>
>>40578530
Alright, that makes sense thank you.
>>
>>40578408
plz respond
>>
Is Candito's 6 week program any good? Ive been lifting pretty aimlessly and not really making progress and I want to actually have a routine so i know what to look forward to doing :/
>>
>>40578535
>>40578541

The reason I'm not doing more and working my way up is to practice form. I'm pretty sure I could squat 40kg no problem but I'd rather not fuck up later because I didn't practice properly now.
>>
how do i stop my snatches from turning into power snatches
>>
>>40578408
>Situps

Fuck tahta shit. Do a nice core day of squats, deadlifts perfect form reasonable weight to ten & the front squat til you puke, The do planks til you puke again. Now cardio.

Situps, no/
>>
So I´m actually at 190 lbs and 5´11 around 20% bf, 21 male

What would be a good goal body weight if my goal is lie pic related minus the roided look
>>
>>40578587
do complexes of 1 snatch followed by 1-2 overhead squats
>>
>>40578597
UnFergrtPicMan
>>
File: MA-00221-DANAONBLACK_1024x1024.jpg (60KB, 449x700px) Image search: [Google]
MA-00221-DANAONBLACK_1024x1024.jpg
60KB, 449x700px
>>40578597
f u c k
>>
>>40578610
>21 male
>goal body is female

uhhhhhh
>>
>>40578334

This happened to me my first time too. I started out on SL and only did squats and bench with the empty bar and rows were 65 lbs. After the first workout my legs were pretty shaky and it felt weird to walk up the stairs. Felt sore everywhere.

It's a bit counterintuitive, but going back and working out again two days later seemed to reduce the soreness. Now that I'm about 6 weeks into the program, I occasionally feel sore in places but it's nothing like how it was the first time.

TL;DR Just continue with the program and the DOMS will go away. The worst of it only lasts for the first week.
>>
Is it normal to start lifting and go from only being able to barely lift the bar to 185lb deadlift in a month and a half? I feel like a freak of nature, noob gains are real.

However, despite the numerical gains I've made in my lifts, I still look like a skeltal. When will I start to look like I actually lift weights?
>>
>>40579577

Yes. That's normal.

It's so fast because most of it is improving technique + the body learning how to actually fire the muscle it has. Which is also why you can do this without looking any different. Looking big takes time, work and food.
>>
>>40579598
What would happen if I kept eating like a skinny person while still going hard in the gym? Would I just get really strong but still look like a skeleton?

Could I literally turn my body into the human version of a sleeper car?
>>
>>40579637

You'll top out before you get really strong (at least in absolute terms - it'll also depend on your current height and weight). Technique and CNS gains are basically how efficiently you can use the muscle you have - sooner or later you get to the point where the only option is to apply more mass to the problem. Or your lack of eating will cause you to lose weight and kill your recovery, in which case it'll happen sooner.
>>
I fucked this girl but screwed up and 3 pump chumped her ( got too excited and only lasted 30 seconds )

She came from the oral sex but the penetration was by far less than stellar...

Is there any chance of hitting it again and proving to her that I can go the distance?
>>
>>40580400
There's always a chance why not.
>>
>>40580400
My bf 3-pump chumps me all of the time and I still want to marry him. You can probably hit it again, anon.
>>
Is losing 4kg a month a safe rate of fat loss to get down to 10% body fat? In terms of sparing muscle
>>
>>40580541
it's usually 2kg per month wich is 1lb per week

but summer is coming so why not
>>
>>40580518
Can we see a pic to see how hot u are?
>>
>>40569531
Favorite accessory is Curls or Seated tricep press, shit's fun to do.

Favorite compound is Squat, nothing works your entire system better. A good set of squats at your working weight will leave you pretty fucked, and a full workout of 3x5 takes the breath out of me.
>>
So I've been lifting at the gym for a month, but I've been wondering something. When do I do deadlifts? Do I do them on leg day, or do I do them on a pull day? I've been following some random routine guides I've found online, and there wasn't any real mention of Deadlifts other than Romanian Deadlifts on leg day.

Also, are the abductor/adductor machines good for leg strength, or should I ignore them?
>>
>>40580592

Doesn't really matter. They're more of a leg lift than a back lift but a lot of people prefer them on back day just so they don't have to squat and deadlift hard in the same session. Or because they're doing deadlift variants that are more back-heavy.

Most people won't need them but if you're having trouble keeping your knees out on squats or they're generally buckling then its not a bad idea.
>>
Is it possible to cut and develop muscles mass at the same time?

What should my macros and caloric intake look like?
5'10 27yr old male at 184lbs
>>
I did deadlifts for the first time yesterday and my lower back hurts a bit when I move around that part. Is that normal or did I fuck up the lift?
>>
Is starvation mode real?
>>
I'm two months into SL 5x5 and stalling on presses and deadlifts. Should I add in lat pulls and dumbbell curls to strengthen my arms and back?
>>
what are some good barbell exercises to build my upper back? Mid back?

I currently use deadlifts, sl-deadlifts, power cleans, bent over rows, as barbell work for my back. What am I missing?
>>
I feel tired as fuck after I've finished my workout. Like sleepy tired.

Is that normal or is there something wrong with me? How do I negate/reduce this?
>>
>>40572580
>spend your time raiding defenceless fishing villages, because the Arab slavers pay you well and you get BTFO whenever you meet an actual opposing army
>"i-it's just a tactic we used"

When will Vikingboos learn?
>>
I have to lean forward when I squat, to the point my back's almost horizontal, otherwise I fall over backwards. How do I stop this? Is it just poor upper body strength?
>>
Obese dude here

I started walking. A lot. I do about 5 miles a day on average (usually in two segments, sometimes 1) and my left ankle was fucking killing me. It hurt bad. Figured it was my weight and that I would have to move to swimming/bike

Well turns out, it doesnt hurt anymore. Im not sure if this has to do with new muscle or just getting used to the pain and passively ignoring it but I dont feel any sort of pain till the very end of a long walk. I even feel a bit light on my feet at times doing stairs or certain stretches. Its satisfying.

The thing is, I am not losing weight. I feel better, but not any lighter. This is definitely due to my shitty eating I would assume. The question I have is, should I be worrying about what calories I am taking in or just how much at this stage of weight loss (6'3, 325), and should I add weight training to my routine now or later?
>>
Why do I see most routines have the big lifts as 5x5 and the others as 3 x 8-12. WHat difference would it make to do OHP or bench at 3x8-12?
>>
What exercise is the best for biceps? I don't really like barbell curls, do hammer curls work?
>>
Are calcium supplements worth it? To optimise the effect that lifting heavy has on the bones
>>
>>40581845
Yeah just do some dumbbell curls. Hammer, or spider curls using a bench. Doesn't matter too much which you choose. Some even say that your bog standard chin ups are enough for 'ceps
>>
>>40581540
Are you using flat shoes? Otherwise I don't know what to tell you. Just practice, watch videos and replicate good form my dude
>>
>>40581174
Bump
>>
>>40581672
Main lifts vs accessory/assistance lifts. Most people here are beginners so they do 5x5s on the big compound lifts and then add some lighter accessory exercises to add volume/isolate a specific muscle group/focus on a weak point in a lift/etc.
As you progress you'll find the reasons to do things like that or some other way. As you start to mess with things like rep tempo and nonlinear periodization, you may come back to things like 5x5s again.

Everything works but nothing works forever
>>
>>40580557
currynigger detected. lol.
>>
>>40581897
Yes
>>
>>40581955
Jokes on you Im white
>>
>>40581852
No, try Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D3

But the key is K2!
>>
>>40581604
Weight training (or any other ineffcient excercises)
+
Low Carb (or any healty diet)

But keep up the Walking
>>
>>40581540
More Stretching/Mobility
(Limber 11)

and

Eleveted heels
>>
File: 251.jpg (8KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
251.jpg
8KB, 270x200px
I started lifting and a thing that scares me shitless is doing something wrong and not getting any real gains.

I know a dude that went to the gym 5 times a week for a year and yet he still was a skeleton by the end of it.

How can I not fuck up? Yes I read the sticky.
>>
>>40569253
So, guys, i'm currently doing a PPL, but i see no fucking progress in bench press. I reached 1pl8, and its hard as fuck, but then, i don't really feel that my pecs worked after doing them.

For the record, im almost 1pl8 too in OHP, 300lb in DL and 250 in squat.

I put in cable flyes because they give me a better "hey we actually did something" feeling from my pecs.

I checked my form but its useless. Only thing i can think about is that im barrel chested as fuark and i should make some changes in my form.

Any advices? Thx in advance.
>>
>>40582077
Sleep
Do heavy compounds
Eat protein!
>>
>>40582078
Bench Press isn't a good Pec developer.
Try Dips with a slightly lean forward.
>>
Is DOMS' pain supposed to feel like the same pain you get from stretching hard, but when unflexing your muscles in "normal ranges"?.
>>
>>40569253
With a suspected incision hernia, can I still do bodyweight exercises? Or should I just rest up until I get examined next week?
>>
File: beach copy.jpg (1MB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
beach copy.jpg
1MB, 2100x1400px
>Doing OHP
>Feel twinge in my back and reckon I've pulled my trap
>In pain just sitting down

Anyone else get this? I haven't had this before in two years of lifting. Maybe I just fucked up my form today after trying a new preworkout. Any advice for dealing with this sensitive area?
>>
>>40582105
I know, but dips are a no-no for now. Im still have around 30 pounds to shred, tried assisted dips and almost fucked my left rotator cuff. I reserve them for later (cutting right now).
>>
>>40582134
Yes, I sometimes get pain on my lower back when doing OHP. It's a matter of form, I try to push too hard and what I do is to overtense muscles that I shouldn't. Practice form.
>>
>>40582154
True this. Also, when you are getting closer to 1pl8, the lift becomes too hard if you do it strictly. Use your legs just a bit at the start of the movement to get the bar going up. But just a bit, don't cheat.
>>
>>40582154
>>40582168
Oh, and remember the GHS rule:
Get air
Hard abs
Squeeze glutes
>>
File: pool copy.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
pool copy.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>40582154
>>40582168
>>40582184
I also woke up with a bit of a sore back so maybe it was just exacerbated. Like I say, two years of OHP and no problems until now. I also went kind of hard yesterday so maybe a rest day was needed.

Took some anti-inflammatories and gonna take it easy for a bit. Only thing is it happened at the start of my workout so I did do some dips and cardio afterwards, which might have made it worse.
>>
>>40582213
Imho, when you feel a unexpected pain when lifting, you should stop, leave it there and get some rest.

In my case, i have a spa room under my gym, and the sauna does wonders for relaxing muscles, so i go right there after.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Has anyone done 5/3/1 and stayed lean?

I love the program and I'm probably intermediate and ready for a good routine, but the diet part is ridiculous for my needs and seems to be the part that gets the most criticism.

Trying to get some anecdotal on whether it's a reasonable routine where staying lean is important/priority?
>>
>>40582244
I know, I did a dumb thing. Gonna leave it for a few days and see what happens.
>>
Does Testtosterone boosters actually work?
I'd like to do a cycle of test but I don't know how to get into it yet
>>
>>40582093
Thanks man.
>>
>>40582318
They work as much as any other supplements and vitamins- they will typically elevate your magnesium and zinc levels, zinc helps you produce more spunk, which is somehow equated by supplement marketing as "increasing test" but in reality, no, they won't provide any noticable or real results that you wouldn't otherwise get by simply taking regular vitamins and getting sunlight.
>>
>>40582136
Ok, then try squezze bench press with dumbells

Maybe focus on weight loss and search for the guide to perfect dips; often it's the lack of braceing.

But good luck with you journey!
>>
>>40582433
You are right, i totally forgot about the alternative of doing DB chest press. I will try it. Thx man!
>>
Just got vitamin d and omega 3 pills
Should I also get magnesium?
>>
>>40582569
Can help
Try magnesium citrate and or magnesium oil
>>
>>40582527
Yes, but try to press both dumbells together and have a constant tension there, for building pecs.

Thanks for the thanks.
>>
>>40582078
Either your form is awful or you have some weird genetics (unlikely)

How wide are you gripping the bar?
>>
File: udMaN12.jpg (707KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
udMaN12.jpg
707KB, 1920x1080px
How do I regain the drive and motivation for progress?
These days I feel like I only do my gym routine for the sake of preserving current gains.
>>
What is a good App to track basic workout routine?
>>
File: IMG_20170304_151804.jpg (71KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170304_151804.jpg
71KB, 480x640px
Am I a viking yet?
>>
>>40582693
Aprox one thumb away from where my shoulder ends. Dunno really, maybe i have weak scapulas, i only began retracting them (or making an effort to keep them retracted) recently. Im working on that, tho, i do facepulls and machine reverse flyes.

I got the rest covered (both foots in floor, in stable position, glutes strong and touching the bench, breathing air and keeping it to harden and stabilize the torso and a non-exaggerated back arch)

Will try DB chest press, tho, i got nothing to loose. I will mantain chest flyes because i like them and i feel that i can target better specific parts of the pecs.
>>
>>40582806
More neck!
More blood!
>>
>>40582770
Notes.
Or evernote
>>
why does my left tricep hurt when I do pushups?
>>
>>40582747
Get a buddy; or goal.
Do a competion (Powerlifting, bodybuilding, Strongmen, Crossfit, Obstacle race) do something!
>>
>>40582911
Weak, inbalance, bad form, injury we aren't magic doctors mate.
Try to get the form right...
>>
>>40569274
>>40569370

butthurt amerifat shitskins detected

this
>>40571476
>>
File: 1.jpg (129KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
129KB, 800x535px
Is baiking a meme cardio? I started today I did 18km. How much I have to do for abs and leg gains?
>>
>>40583127
>leg gains
Track cycling, not long distance. All those TDF guys are skinny as fuck.

>abs
made in the kitchen
>>
>>40583137
if i am doing long distance cycling will I lose my gym leg gains?
>>
>>40583157
Probably. You'll build endurance, not muscle. In fact cycling for hours will eat your muscle away.
>>
About 6 months into SS and my lifts only go up by 1 lb a week, does that sound normal?

Going up by 5 lbs only lasted a couple months.
>>
>>40583200
Deload 10%, eat more sleep more.
>>
>>40569253
the show is good enough but sometimes the clothes they wear, like OP's pic, looks like some weird motorcycle masquerade.
>>
>>40583175

No, this is bro science. As long as you continue eating more calories than you burn you won't lose the muscle
>>
>>40583224
so if i combine cycling and weight lifting I can be in perma bulk?
>>
>>40583245
Yes. Good luck keeping it up tho.
>>
What lifts can I do to improve swinging a sword and holding up a shield longer?

What kind of cardio can I do to improve breathing in a greathelm with few holes? Or just stamina in general?
>>
>>40583278
Just hold a curl bar and a 20kg plate and swing
>>
Will I be able to gain muscle and strength doing Scooby's pull-up progression while undereating?
What will happen if I workout and don't get enough protein?
>>
>>40583278
boxing, srs. I ocassionally do the reenactment/larp shit during summer and holy fug does boxing build up your front arm

But for lifts I'd say different delt raises
>>
>>40575247
>toppings on both sides of pizza

next level
>>
>>40577019
Working out three days a week is better for your central nervous system and increasing hormonal response.
A five day split is only good for steroid users who don't have to worry about hormones as roids do this anyway.
>>
File: fucked - Copy.jpg (102KB, 1179x662px) Image search: [Google]
fucked - Copy.jpg
102KB, 1179x662px
About 3 months back into lifting after a forced long break. Trying to get a gauge on whether to go do a brief cut and clean bulk, a recomp, or just a clean bulk. My calipers say I'm at around 12% fat, but I can't help thinking I'm higher.

What do you guys suggest?
>>
>>40583475
Lose the ponytail.
>>
>>40583485
I will when it's long enough to donate
>>
File: IMG_1025.jpg (78KB, 591x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1025.jpg
78KB, 591x636px
I know people say mass gainers are bullshit but I have a hectic schedule and I'm a skele and they would help tremendously.

Anyone know any good brands? Don't want to buy shit
>>
>>40582122
bump, I miss lifting so much right now
>>
>>40583508
please help i dont want to be spooky forever
>>
>>40583543
> I have a hectic schedule
Stop making excuses and eat more. Normal food.
>>
>>40583549
Yeah I don't. I am only gaining weight rn because I drink all my cals in thick skeleshakes.

I could meal prep my shit for when I'm doing manual labor at my work but its easier to just eat the food they provide me because its pretty healthy. With how demanding my work is I want to start using mass gainer.
>>
>>40583508
Mass gainers in general are just a blend of whey and maltodextrin. Maltodextrin, despite of being a complex carb absorbs super fast and thus causes a lot of 'spill-over' effect causing pure fat gains. You're better off mixing whey with instantized oats for mass-gaining purposes. Or buy a proper blender and blend nuts and seeds, oats and whey for a killer gainer shake.
>>
>>40580400
Why did you stop? You should have kept going.
>>
File: 1487133951760.jpg (65KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
1487133951760.jpg
65KB, 480x411px
>>40580518
>>40580501

Ty senpai. And >>40580518 he is a lucky man to have you in his life.

>>40583682
I pulled out told her I was about to bust, she finished me with her mouth ... and than her roommate walked in

Since than she's been a bit distant.

>>40580946
Looking for the answer to this as well
>>
>>40583475
Fucking cut and then go on a Bulking programm
Mass made simple or Big but boring, something to get you manly.
Ahu!
>>
Is it okay to OHP with a bit wider grip? Doing it "as close at the shoulders as possible" is really wierd because of long arms
>>
How do I endure hunger
>>
>>40583840
How low should I cut to? And does it matter for either of those programs that my lifts are pretty shitty?
>>
>>40583909
From a fellow long arm.
I like out side of the shoulders
Open Hands and the thumps are reaching the shoulders also try to use the lats as a shelf and have a open chest.

But wider grip is okay
>>
>>40583912
Keto diet, training or something little in between (Broth, Soup, Shake, Fish oil, olive oil)

Also some flash game.
Jane McGonigal said flashing games can overwrite desiers like hunger.
>>
>>40583915
If you were my client I would put you on a cut + an easy strength programm for 5 weeks.

Then you would be suprisingly stronger and you would gain like a motherfucker.

My suggestion:
40 days of strength by Dan John to practice the lifts
+
Low carb diet

And then Mass Made Simple

I like and did both programms.
But in generel you can do:

Strength programm+ Diet

Then

Mass Programm + Bulking
>>
>>40569531
Bicep curls

I like reverse deadlift. What I do is hang from the pull-up bar with my legs and start with a bar by my shoulders. Then I push it down.
>>
How does this routine look? Left side of slash is the first day and right is the second day.

Pull
Deadlifts 1x5 / Pendlay Row 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5 / Deadlifts 3x8
Pullups 3x8-10 / Chinups 3x8-10
Straight arm cable pushdown 3x8-10 / Seated cable row 3x8-10
Face pulls 3x8-10 SS Bicep curls 3x8-10 / Snatch Shrugs 3x8-10 SS Bicep curls 3x8-10

Push
Bench Press 5x5 / OHP 5x5
OHP 3x8-10 / Bench Press 3x8-10
Incline Bench 3x8-10 / Seated DB OHP 3x8-10
Lateral raises 3x8-10 / Dips 3x8-10
Chest flys 3x8-10 SS Straight bar Pushdowns / Front raise 3x8-10 SS Rope pushdowns 3x8-10

Legs
Low bar 3x5 / High bar Squats 3x5
Low bar pause 2x5 / High bar pause 2x5
High bar 3x5 / Low bar 3x5
Front Squat 3x5 / Front Squat 3x5
Lying leg curl 3x8-10 SS calf/ Romandian Deadlift 3x8-10 SS calf

PPLPPLx
>>
been lifting for like 10 months, never did more than 48kgx5 for ohp. stalled and am now back on 45kgx5. but in the gym on wednesday i was fucking around and trying some clean and presses and i managed to do 60kg once, without having worked alot on form or anything.

is it normal to clean and press way more than ohp? and would incorporating clean and presses into my routine, focusing on a slow negative phase, help me make my weak shoulders grow?

ive been on a deficit since monday too so it wasnt like i had extra energy that day or anything.
>>
>>40584514
Did you rly do a press?
No legs?

But it can be easier cause you're creating a better shelf eith your clean.
All muscles who are the bade for pressing are alreday fireing.
>>
Alright fitizens, question for ya. This one's about nutrition vs cardio (i guess). Are there any particular benefits to eating at maintenence and doing cardio vs just eating at a deficit and not doing cardio ? The reason i ask is because i have a certain idea in my head. This idea being that if you ate the food, you would gain the benefit of receiving the nutrients from said food (macros/micros). Whereas you wouldn't be eating as much food on a deficit and not reaping the benefits. Sounds kinda like broscience, which is why I'm asking

Tl;DR

>eat at maintenence and cardio
Or
>eat at deficit and no cardio
>>
Why don't I see a lot of pro lifters using the safeties for squat?

Is there anything wrong with using safeties if you haven't been taught how to hop out of a bad rep by a professional?
>>
Question about progress.

Been lifting for two months only with dumbbells because I'm a home gym poorfag.

Started with 4kg dumbbells.
Now I'm at 10kg dumbbells.

Is this an alright progress? Am I too slow?
>>
I cut perfectly clean last week, being at at least a 500 daily deficit 7/7 days. I only went from 86.6-85.9kg. Why didn't I lose way more?
>>
>Be fat
>Eating on a deficit and working out
>Have nothing but a sandwich (184 kcal) all day before working out in the afternoon)
>Work out hard
>Have lunch afterwards (~400 kcal, very few carbs)
>Everything is pinkish shortly afterwards
>Sudden urge to eat sweets
>Eat a teaspoon of sugar
>Start exhuming heat like crazy
>Get super energetic
>Overall mindset becomes hyped and aggressive like I'm in a metal concert
>Start craving milk chocolate
>Literally ran to the nearest super market
>Eat chocolate and calm down physically and mentally

What happened? Did I burn all my blood sugar during my workout or something? I've experienced cravings during my diet before, but it's the first time it was more than just a perpetual background thought.
>>
>>40584942
Cause fat loss is only a math thing in the big picture in the small one it can be factors lile hormones or training slowing you.

Keep on the train you re still losing
>>
>>40584734
Is okay, but you give us not much to work with (excersises etc.)
But progress is progress
>>
>>40584983
Try to give ypur body something for workouts.
Protine, carns, fat but something
>>
>>40584697
>>40584697
What do ypu mean with safeties?
>>
>>40584734
I doubt 4kg was your correct starting point. You should've started at 10kg, unless you are abnormally weak. Set a goal for 20kg dumbbells in 3 months from now.
>>40584692
as far as weight loss there isn't a difference. but for health, cardio will greatly benefit you.
>>40583912
hunger will only be an issue if you are dieting poorly. I can eat at a 500+ deficit and only feel slightly hungry at the end of the day If I am eating perfectly. eat wholefoods, and calculate your daily requirements.
>>40583475
12% seems accurate. You shouldn't cut, just go straight into a clean bulk.
>>40582747
There are many things that could motivate you, I can't say which. You should try meditating on it.
>>
>>40585122
the bars on the squat rack to stop you breaking your neck if you fail a rep
>>
>>40585070
Dumbbell exercises in general, not just curling.
Shoulder press, floor press, lat raises, floor flyes, hammer curls, skull crushes, shrugs, rows, normal curls, delt flyes.
I'll start incorporating calf raises, lunges and deadlifts.
>>
>>40584122
Alright, so how does this sound for a plan:

>cut down to 8% bf
At my weight and assuming I'm currently at 15% in my pic, this is about 12 lbs, so a 3 month cut if I stick to 1 lb/week.

>routine
I'm thinking of cutting the accessories out of my current routine since then it basically becomes SS alternating with rows, and then doing BBB because Mass Made Simple looks too messy and I can't be fucked to buy the book.

Does this sound reasonable or should I go for a quicker cut and get to the bulk sooner?
>>
File: routine.png (32KB, 1806x408px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
32KB, 1806x408px
>>40585138
>You shouldn't cut, just go straight into a clean bulk.
How does this routine look for that, then?
>>
File: 1482249105346.png (1012KB, 3712x1292px) Image search: [Google]
1482249105346.png
1012KB, 3712x1292px
daily reminder
>>
>>40585148
Spotters and knowledge
>>
>>40585151
Lunges: good call

Try Clean and presses/push press/jerks

Also more weight for the big movements but you do good
>>
That one autistic /fit/ girl (sparrow) said she takes wasabi with her on runs, and when she feels like giving up, she takes some wasabi and it makes her feel on fire and she can run more.
does this really work?
>>
>>40585377
Alright, thanks, man.
>>
are bpa free plastic bottles worth buying? i want to buy one to work, something i can wash easily so i dont have to bother buying bottled water. what about those plastic jugs supplement companies are selling?
>>
Been eating no carbs for 3 days

When does Keto start?
>>
Shakiness while working out. is this just from being weak as fuck? Googled it but ended up reading about parkinsons.
>>
>>40570243
Nah not me, sorry bud
>>
>>40585191
Like it, some things I'd do different:

Try to get a feel for the 5/3/1;
Maybe some weight-cardio (thrusters; dumbell-circut)

To mass made simple:
There is a printable pdf for planning.
The book can be worth it but there are free articles out there.

Maybe cut a little shorter; long cuts aren't really mainable.

The idea was to cut some fat and make your body "thirsty" for growth.

But like it.
>>
>>40585438
Spicey food help with cramping and it can bring you a bit more step up
>>
>>40585672
4-10 days
Look for Tim Ferriss keto induction
>>
Is focusing on flat bb bench as a primary movement necessary to build strength, size, or aesthetics? I ask because I am considering taking Candito's LP strength/control program and replacing bench/ spoto press with push/strict military press. I plan on cycling weighted dips/incline db bench and db pullovers/flat db bench as accessories which I feel will be adequate volume for my full chest.

For reference, been fucking around with my own PPL/UL for ~1 year.
5'11 170 lbs
PRs currently
OHP 145x3
Bench 225x2
Squat 275x2
Dead 405x1

My current lifting goal is to OHP 2 plates, without becoming a fat piece of shit.

Opinions?
>>
>>40586009
>There is a printable pdf for planning.
Do you have a link? Google hasn't turned up anything aside from bad torrents and sales pages

>Maybe cut a little shorter
How long would you say, then?
>>
My fucking knees hurt what should I do.

Started two weeks ago, I'm on isotretinoin (accutane).

First time it happened I skipped training completely. Thought about it and come to a conclusion that I'm probably training too much on accutane. Decided to go on very low calorie days mon-fri and train during the weekends.

Bought soft knee stabilizers and hit it a week ago. Wasn't bad but when I did front squats had a slight pain on my right knee when going up from the hole. Didn't happen on deadlifts.

Today I thought it was much better didn't feel pain, then after training when I was climbing the stairs I felt the right knee again.

Going to an orthopedist soon but any other advice?
>>
>>40582118
DOMS literally made me walk like a cripple after doing my first 5x5 squats with the bar. Shit didn't go away until a week later.
>>
started lifting 2 weeks ago, eating a skele diet to 3.1k cal is making me real sick and nauseous despite enjoying the food. does the aversion to large meals go away over time?
>>
>>40588736
Yes, when you get bigger, then you will get so used to eat you will get fat. Because you are then fat you will get fatter because you don't know how to handle it. I just previewed your next 15 years.
>>
>>40587626
Otpbooks.com/dan-john/Mass-log.pdf

8 weeks
Strength training + diet
>>
>>40581174
not in the way that fatties explain it, being at too much of a deficit will force your body to lower its BMR either by slowing your metabolism or catabolising muscles to compensate. since using stored fat takes time, theres only a certain amount of calories that your body can take from fat a day to reach its TDEE. so stick to a 200-500 calorie deficit at most if you want to keep your gains
>>
Can I get gains while undereating to loose fat?
>>
File: image_15355.jpg (16KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
image_15355.jpg
16KB, 400x320px
I used to think carpal tunnel was a meme but recently
>aquired a good paying job working 12 hour shifts, six days a week
>pull 65 lb buckets out of a machine
>hammer lids on with mallet then load on pallet
>in between batches do lots of grunt work like sweeping
>hands are now numb all the time especially when i sleep, with pins and needle feeling

Aparantly im developing carpal tunnel syndrone, help me fit, none of the stretching exercises ive done are helping
Surely someone here has beaten this
>>
>>40591837

mate i had the same thing every morning for the first year i started lifting. occassionally the pins and needles during sleep goes away and rarely happens. ive read this can be due to an increase in GH production and just figured sleep=large amounts of gh released.

i knnow its not the best advice but just give you body some time to adjust to your new working environment, it make just be your hands and wrists etc are fatigued from the extra stress.
>>
>>40569253
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.