[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick rundown: >family is poor >Lunk alarm is the nearest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: index.jpg (5KB, 141x152px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 141x152px
Quick rundown:
>family is poor
>Lunk alarm is the nearest Gym

So.. can i get in shape and build some decent muscle in Planet Fitness?
I want to get /fit/ and that is the only available gym that i can go to.
>>
>>40567036
> So.. can i get in shape and build some decent muscle in Planet Fitness?

Fine with me.

You know there were fit humans before there were gyms right?
>>
>>40567036
Depends if you can cut the wiring to the lunk alarm.

But if you want to be /fit/'s hero, get the lunk alarm activated, get injured, sue the FUCK out of them and get the lunk alarm disabled franchise wide.
>>
>>40567036
Nigger you don't NEED a fucking gym to get fit. Calisthenics have been a thing since forever and it's great for you. You don't get the benefit of heavier weights and isolation is harder or non existent but if your goal is just fitness it's more than enough. Just do it A LOT. Planet fitness really can't offer you much, you're better off saving your money and working out at home/outside. They don't have a barbell for goodness sake
>>
>>40567036
>So.. can i get in shape and build some decent muscle in Planet Fitness?

Yes, you can.
How to not set of the lunk alarm
>Don't be a dick
>Don't fucking yell
>Don't drop the weights
That's it. You can do a good amount of starting fitness exercises at one, generally most of the stuff you will want to do. If you want to progress further then do it when you realize that PF isn't fitting your goals.
>>
All i have and all you really need is a barbell and weights. If you need to save some money, calisthenics until you can get those.

For calisthenics, dips, chins and pushups are the way to go. Only real problem are shoulders and legs, pistol squats are not enough and neither are handstand pushups. The weight becomes suboptimal after a point, luckily youll have bought a barbell and plates by that time.

Now the real "problem" is no stands and no bench. But its not really an issue, you can hack squat, split squat... To replace squats, and floor press to replace bench press.

The rest my friend is a lot of lifting, dieting, sticky reading and shitposting. Good luck.

Git gud.
>>
>>40567036
It's fine if you're just starting out, most of them only have dumbbells that go up to 75ish, and none of them have barbells though. the only weights you can "slam down" to trigger the lunk alarm are in the smith machine and leg press and if you're slamming either of those you deserve all the public ridicule you get
>>
>>40567289
Pretty much this. If you are just starting then 10/month for what you get at PF is pretty damn worth it. It will also help you get in the habit of actually fucking going to a gym, which will come in handy later down the road.

If you are just starting out it's worth the 10 dollars a month.

PF gets a lot of shit, but most of it is people who are from video taping people doing stupid shit at a gym.
>>
>>40567188
without roids calisthenics are useless except as an accessory to weightlifting
>>
File: 1458150154443.jpg (46KB, 575x383px) Image search: [Google]
1458150154443.jpg
46KB, 575x383px
>>40567036

The only PF I've been to had a leg press with 45lb plates, row machines, and pull down machines, benches and dumbells up to 80lbs. You can make a lot of progress with that kind of equipment.

But, really, they need squat racks and barbells. They're just being stupid by not having them. Apparently some PFs used to have them, but it doesn't fit their dumb as shit image, so they were removed.
>>
File: pf az.png (510KB, 584x397px) Image search: [Google]
pf az.png
510KB, 584x397px
>>40567340
Most have a 7 day trial or something. That OP should probably do, even then most will let you walk in and around just to check out the equipment and see what they have. Hell some near me even have bunch of good shit.
>>
>>40567138
Nooo...that is my plan.
I'm gonna drop a 60lb barbell on my face doing skull crusher volume work when it frightens me
>>
>>40567318
If we go by your logic, if you can call it that, then weight lifting is useless without steroids.
>>
>>40567036
Get a part time job at a gym. I go to a really nice YMCA, but it's $50 a month, so I got a job working there once a week for like 4 hours collecting towels. I get a free membership out of it.
>>
>>40567036
>So.. can i get in shape and build some decent muscle in Planet Fitness?

yes you can. stop listening to the memes

PF sucks, but it's more than enough to put on some serious weight.
>>
>>40567592
>just get a job at a gym

I think 10 bucks a month would be much easier, hell at least OP would get pizza a few times a month if nothing else
>>
>>40567248
they pull the lunk alarm on simple grunts, not even loud ones.
>>
>>40567799
T.

"I saw a youtube video once" guy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.