[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't there any beginner routine out there that has you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: clarence_tricking.jpg (99KB, 561x494px) Image search: [Google]
clarence_tricking.jpg
99KB, 561x494px
Isn't there any beginner routine out there that has you work four times a week?
I'm completely new to liftan (1 month) but I really have a hard time believing that training only 3 times a week will yield the best results. I don't get any pain the day after or anything.
Plus I feel like it'd be better to get the form right if I could just do it four times a week. I've seen the Juggernaut routine recommended (to beginners) several times but I literally couldn't understand any of it and apparently it was actually more directed towards intermediate lifters.
>>
>>40565620
bump.
>>
Just do SS every other day. That's 3.5 workouts a week.

Also, you don't know what you're talking about so shut up and train right.
>>
>>40565620
3 days a week is enough to make progress. trust the people who spend their lives training/coaching. you literally know nothing

use warm-up sets and maybe a couple of light back-off sets to practice form
>>
>>40565620
Check this out:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135564721
>>
>>40566014
what the fuck my noggin is a joggin now
>>
What are your lifts?
>>
Look man I promise ss will work, at this stage lping as long as possible is the primary objective, all the rest days help you out. Adding 5lbs a workout might not feel like a superpower now but it wont keep happening for long. Hell it will happen for even shorter a time if you fuck with the program. Just listen to someone who's coached for fucking decades man, worst case scenario 6 months later and you can add some more volume. 6 months is nothing in training your in it for the long haul if you want to get big and fucking strong.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 258x196px
Make sure to post on your social media about how much you are working out.

>Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>40565801
>>40565738
>>40568215
Can you guys actually explain why stock SS is necessarily any better than the routine linked here >>40566014

"A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chins 15-20 total reps, add weight or use assisted.
Rows 3x5
Optional: Cable rows, 3x8 bicep work, 3x8 rear delt flyes, do this at your own discretion. If you don't feel like it, don't worry

B
Front squat 3x5
Military Press 3x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Optional: 15-20 reps of dips, 3x8 tricep work"

Any rational argument I will accept, as I am not going to pretend I actually understand the topic. But the OP in that thread makes a decent case. It seems to retain everything essential, encourage some slight variation, and tack on rows to account for SS's neglect of the back.

why is any of this bad?
>>
>>40565620
You shouldn't really do much more than stuff like ss for progression and practice the lifts.
Once you have a decent grasp on how to squat, deadlift, ohp and your progress is stalling switch to something else.
>>
>>40565620
>I'm completely new to liftan (1 month)
you don't know shit

shut up and keep going
>>
>>40568382
that's not SS
that's some kinda malformation of SS you came up with yourself even though you don't know squat about programming

also I strongly assume that you and 90% of the people who claim they do "SS" don't actually increment the weights every workout and don't eat enough to maintain that linear progression

you're doing your own stuff
not the stuff that's proven to work
but keep doing it, I used to do that too and it didn't get me anywhere for 2 years
>>
>>40565620

What the fuck are you talking about? Most people as they advance go to even less frequency down to about 2x a week per muscle.
>>
>>40569414
>but keep doing it, I used to do that too and it didn't get me anywhere for 2 years
holy fuck are you me?
>>
>>40565620
Usually programs are made 3 days a week to make it easier on beginners though nothing is set in stone. I did the Texas method for awhile which is a 3 day routine but every Saturday I'd do a small upper body volume day that wouldn't interfere with Mondays workout.

The reason everyone recommends shit like SS to beginners is because you can ONLY do SS as a beginner. If an intermediate or advanced lifter attempted to do SS they'd plateau or burn themselves out since they're actually recruiting most of their muscle fibers in sub maximal lifts, unlike beginners. Thus they can't handle doing 3 big compound lifts at a 5 rep max every other day, but beginners can.

Do whatever routine you want just make sure it has a lot of compound movements frequently. Take advantage of the beginners gains while you still can.
>>
>>40565620
http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/
>>
>>40565620
Try Candito's linear progression program.

It isn't for absolute beginners though, you need to know how to do the basic lifts with reasonable form at least.
>>
>>40569669
How do you overload tho?
>>
File: R.I.P..png (42KB, 1014x404px) Image search: [Google]
R.I.P..png
42KB, 1014x404px
>>40569414
B R U T A L
R
U
T
A
L

Ripfags on suicide watch!!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.